PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a good ceilidh band?

Mon the fish
13th February 2006, 09:20 PM
Getting married May 2007 down Dumfries way (Barons Craig hotel in Rockcliffe if anyone's been), and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good ceilidh band?

We're thinking of a ceilidh for an hour or so, DJ for an hour or so, then ceilidh again to finish the night off.

Oh, and a piper too, if anyone can recommend one!

I don't ask much, just if I could get the future missus off my back I'd be eternally grateful :D:p

Craig
13th February 2006, 09:52 PM
Gordon, I've got details of the ceilidh band that played at our wedding and they were great, I'll get the details to you asap...

I may know a piper also, I'll get back to you..

Craig

Mon the fish
13th February 2006, 09:54 PM
Cheers, appreciate it (hopefully the Mrs does too, about time I did something constructive...:D)

Julz
13th February 2006, 10:26 PM
I can highly highly recommend the Benachally Ceilidh Band, Jake Donnelly is our mates dad and is an amazing banjo player as well as great at getting folk on their feet, even if he is fanatical about 2CV's (someone has to be!).

Benachally Ceilidh Band (http://www.wedding-services.demon.co.uk/benachally.htm)

gill
14th February 2006, 04:41 AM
Congrats on the impending marriage! Is it going to be a mini wedding??? :D:D

Only joking - all the best. Don't know any suitable bands though!;)

Smurf
14th February 2006, 05:19 PM
The band which played at our wedding was great - but it was a while ago. I can dig out the contact details if you want, and you can see if they are still on the go. Need to wait till I'm home though! :D

Mon the fish
14th February 2006, 09:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by gill

Congrats on the impending marriage! Is it going to be a mini wedding??? :D:D

Well, the best man organises the cars, and he has a cracking 1380cc classic so it may well be... :D