PDA

View Full Version : Slight spot of corrosion

T6 KFR
12th February 2006, 11:08 PM
Can you believe it...wahing car this morning and what do i come across but a spot of corrosion at the passenger side back arch next to side skirts:mad:

So it will be a call to get it repaired under the 7 year anti-corrosion .

Anyone else had this??? Advise, should I ask for more than it to be fixed????? Always worth a try is it not??????

Wul
13th February 2006, 03:18 AM
I'd imagine as part of the insection they'll check the rest of the car too - a wee bit of advice too - get the front mudflaps - they only cost about £9 and help stop the stone chips to the rear arch area - especially at the trim.

T6 KFR
13th February 2006, 04:42 AM
i will book in the wee mini asap and get it checked out. Thanks for advise Wul, think i will then. I will get them to fit them when the car is in.

AN03REW
13th February 2006, 07:42 AM
Wul and T6 KFR, I have front mud flaps and the bottom of my back arch is still really rough with stone chips on the plastic. I was thinking about getting my arches colour coded. But would the paint not just get wrecked? Any advise please.

Wul
13th February 2006, 04:51 PM
It's funny - do you have a Cooper or a One? I reckon it has a lot to do with the taper inwards on the side trims of the one and cooper - whereas the S skirts go outwards so help to deflect the stones!

Big Gordy
13th February 2006, 09:06 PM
T6 KRF the dealers charge about 85 quid to fit front mudflaps:eek::evil: Its only a 10 minute job to do it yourself....trust me;) :p:D:approve:

T6 KFR
13th February 2006, 09:22 PM
quote:Big Gordy Posted - 13 Feb 2006 : 12:06:32
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T6 KRF the dealers charge about 85 quid to fit front mudflaps Its only a 10 minute job to do it yourself....trust me

Might have guessed. They would prob charge me to show where there toliet is too.

My back sideskirts are same...very rough and mine 's a cooper. No way I would get them colour-coded