PDA

View Full Version : My new MINI

Mark R
12th February 2006, 08:27 AM
Here's a photo of my MINI which I bought today. Waiting on me transferring funds and faxing a photocopy of my licence before I will either pick it up or have it delivered. Just passed my driving test a week ago last Wednesday and sent away for the full photo card one the Saturday after which I've not got yet.

At least it should only be a week, maybe two at most before it's here with me. Looking forward to going on some runs with you all at that time.

Excuse the bad photo, camera batteries ran out before I could take the picture and of course I didn't take spares so this ones from my brothers phone.

http://www.marksmini.com/images/mymini.jpg

The Dogfather
12th February 2006, 08:28 AM
Nice looking motor!

Gismo
12th February 2006, 05:44 PM
Ooh nice ONE :cool: pun NOT intended ;) any plans for mods etc, like stripes :p welcome to the clan

The Dogfather
12th February 2006, 05:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Ooh nice ONE :cool: pun intended ;) any plans for mods etc, like stripes :p welcome to the clan

Looks like a Cooper to me, note the metal grill at the bottom :D

The Dogfather
12th February 2006, 05:51 PM
And black mirrors 8)

Gismo
12th February 2006, 06:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini
Looks like a Cooper to me, note the metal grill at the bottom :D
Yep, i know it's a Cooper 8) he also mentioned in another post that he was looking at used Cooper's, oops i see now, twas meant to be NOT intended :p

Craig
12th February 2006, 06:36 PM
very nice - hope to see you on a run soon!

Enjoy! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

N12 JLK
12th February 2006, 06:58 PM
Good choice, remember you can come to mini meets 3 even if you dont have your mini by then:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
12th February 2006, 08:02 PM
Nice car.:D Enjoy when you get it and maybe see you on the Kielder run if you have it by then.:D

T6 KFR
12th February 2006, 11:06 PM
another cooper owner, welcome....you will enjoy it lots!!!

Wish my first car was a mini:p

Mark R
12th February 2006, 11:51 PM
quote:
Wish my first car was a mini:p

This is actually my second car and is indeed a BRG/B Cooper. Should have remembered to say that. :)

Wul
13th February 2006, 03:15 AM
Well done Mark - enjoy your Cooper when you get it. :cool:

monkimagic
13th February 2006, 10:05 AM
I do like the BRG, best of british, well done Mark

Monki

gill
14th February 2006, 04:30 AM
Nice :cool::cool:

Duncan Stewart
14th February 2006, 11:15 PM
Congrats! You be having fun soon! :D

Mark R
15th February 2006, 02:28 AM
I don't know what's more difficult, the waiting to buy or the waiting to get it delivered. I can't imagine what it must have been like for those of you that bought new and had to wait longer than I will.

j mac
15th February 2006, 06:03 AM
nice car!

Mark R
15th February 2006, 08:14 AM
Everything is done but waiting on the final payment to clear through the bank. That makes it Friday at the earliest via delivery but maybe Thursday if I go and pick it up in person. It's sitting in Tyneside at the moment so it would be an hour and a half by train and around a three hour drive back. Anyone think it's worth it or better to collect in person? Still thinking about it myself. Would have been better had I someone to go down and back with but unfortunately there hasn't been anyone willing to travel with me yet.

Mark R
18th February 2006, 07:30 AM
It's here and it's great. Didn't show up till late this evening so haven't had as much of a chance to go motoring as I'd have liked but there is tomorrow. Loving it so far. A minor glitch with reverse gear and the boot lock, but shouldn't be any problems getting those sorted out.

Thinking the reverse gear thing may just be my not being used to it, sometimes it's real difficult to move the gear stick into reverse. Just doesn't want to move it seems like. Other times it's not a problem at all.

The boot catch wouldn't lock at all today after I opened it, it would just sit there but I could just lift it open again. Pressed the button and that seemed to fix it for now. It doesn't open slightly like I get the idea it should. I press the button and I just hear it opening over and over for a few seconds and unless I lift it at the same time as I press it locks again. Anyone know if this is what happens or heard of any problem like this before?

Anyway tomorrow should be lots of fun. Got to find some twisties though. Any suggestions in Edinburgh area?

duncan
18th February 2006, 08:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mark R
Got to find some twisties though. Any suggestions in Edinburgh area?

The Lammermuir Hills are great fun.

monkimagic
18th February 2006, 10:34 AM
Nice one, glad its home but those glitches need sorting, just take it along to BMW and ask them, it should be uner waranty, but usual rules apply...... confirm its under waranty and if not, get a price as BMW ( I think ) are good but pricey.

Happy motoring

Monki

Gismo
18th February 2006, 06:12 PM
I've a notchy reverse gear too, i find that if i put it into first and then select reverse it goes in a lot easier :I ooh er ;)

Craig
18th February 2006, 06:35 PM
The boot lid fault I had on my old cooper - it was the catch on the bootlid. They replaced it with a chrome looking catch - best to get it into them to check it out..

As for reverse - I had 2 sets of gear linkage cables on the last cooper - it eventually got better..

Enjoy yer new motor! :D:D:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
18th February 2006, 08:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

quote:Originally posted by Mark R
Got to find some twisties though. Any suggestions in Edinburgh area?

The Lammermuir Hills are great fun.

The A7 down to the Borders is great and you can be in Galashiels in about 30 mins from Edinburgh.:D

Mark R
19th February 2006, 05:52 AM
No idea where I ended up today, somewhere over the border near Berwick is all I know. Was on the A1 and took a turn off towards Coldstream. Wherever it was I headed towards it was a great drive. I hadn't really planned on going quite so far but at least I now know my MINI a lot better and got used to driving it after the 150 mile trip. :)

Crombers
20th February 2006, 09:45 PM
My May 04 build (Midlands "blinkin ROVER" box) has a kinda stubborn reverse gear. Think it's something most folks put up with.

Mark R
21st February 2006, 02:39 AM
Well I'm booked in to get it checked out on the 1st of March. Just hope all goes well when the time comes. Maybe the gears aren't a real problem but the boot not locking sometimes is more important. It wouldn't be so bad if it got stuck locked but open can be a problem. :)

Smurf
21st February 2006, 03:15 AM
I've found with both my MINIs that I have to let the revs drop quite a bit before slinging it into reverse.....

It's just something I have to live with! :D