PDA

View Full Version : Jumping out of first gear?

Wul
28th October 2003, 06:06 PM
Anyone had this recently?

In the last few weeks my car has jumped out of first gear about 3 or 4 times - frightens the frickin life out of me every time - car moves about 3 yards then bang the gear stick shoots back to neutral and then the revs shoot up!

Boy this up and coming service is gonna be fun! :(

macblob
28th October 2003, 06:36 PM
Never had that one Wul , touch wood (places and on my head).
Hope you get it sorted

GAJ
28th October 2003, 08:16 PM
Me neither. Good luck at the service!

KenL
28th October 2003, 08:25 PM
Me neither. A bit trickier to get into 1st or reverse on those cold mornings though.

Did you decide where to put your car Wul?

What is on your list this time?

Wul
28th October 2003, 09:17 PM
Well cars got about 3k to go to the 25k service so will need to book it soon - list so far:

Intermediate 1 Service
Squeak from steering wheel when car is cold (ie interior 1st thing in the morning)
Both drivers and passenger seats squeaking again
Check jumping out of 1st gear prob.

Think i'm gonna try and learn to live with the door seal noise thing.

As for where - i think i'm gonna try eastern this time as Dunedin never invited me to the IJ premier!

Ken - what was your opinion of eastern? My wifes cousin works there so might be able to give him the nod for extra attention!;)

KenL
28th October 2003, 09:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Ken - what was your opinion of eastern? ;)

Well then !!!

The service adviser guy I deal with is tremendous and very helpful. I'm not convinced that their mechanics are the best though as I've had a few less than perfect repairs. Perhaps they are under a lot of pressure time wise but their attention to detail is not the best.

One example being when they did the fix on my clicking steering column. The click was fixed but they returned the car with the wheel on squint and a couple of scratches in the silver trim of the wheel.

Wul
28th October 2003, 10:19 PM
Hmmmmm - the lesser of two evils!

Tyrone
25th November 2003, 06:52 AM
I HAVE HAD THAT PROBLEM RECENTLY IN 1ST AND 3RD, ITS COMING UP TO TWO YEARS OLD