PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Mini

Scottie
11th February 2006, 01:34 AM
saw this on mini 2 think they look not to bad what about the lights h'mmm

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109635

Burple
11th February 2006, 01:59 AM
Oh dear... I hope that's not too close to the finished article! As someone mentioned on Mini2, if it stays looking like that, it going to lose it's 'cool' status VERY quickly.

It looks very boring!

There are 3 different bumper styles there - for 3 different models?
And those lights poking though the bonnet?? Eww! :dead:
Same for the fixed grille.
It's losing it's cheeky look, and heading towards Rover 25 country if this is any indication. Are they Dumbing it down for the yanks? :mad:

Craig
11th February 2006, 03:26 AM
:disapprove::disapprove::disapprove::disapprove::d isapprove::disapprove::disapprove::disapprove:

Gismo
11th February 2006, 03:39 AM
Oh dear, i actually like it :p

N12 JLK
11th February 2006, 05:06 AM
WWWWHHHHAATTTTTTTT no shark vents at the side its a bloody sham Im sellin up watch out Im off out for a Ford KA

monkimagic
12th February 2006, 01:35 AM
Looks lovely, meatier, the only time people see the clam shell is when its open ( obviously ) but how often is it open ?

AeroJonny
13th February 2006, 08:31 PM
Way too plain Jane for my liking, a total disappointment if it stays this way. :mad::mad::disapprove::disapprove::disapprove::dea d::dead:

but it might look brilliant in the metal! :I:I

Think I'm gonna reserve judgement for when minime invites us all round to fortress menzies for a few drinks and a good perving session over the new model!!!!!!!!!!!!!111;);););)

bpirie1000
14th February 2006, 01:12 AM
nope it is a no no for me..
How come right if we want roof rack we gotta drill the roof but in that one tehre is Side mounts. with spot lights on it. mmm one rule for them and another for everyone else..

Can you pass my rattle back now thanks.......

redpoint rallying
14th February 2006, 04:45 AM
bpirie....I'm sure that roofrack is the Mont Blanc one that I use on my 'S'. It simply clamps on...no need to drill! Its plenty strong enough, I often cart a 3 man canadian canoe on it....which gets some admiring stares!!

M

bpirie1000
14th February 2006, 05:42 PM
NIce I'll have to have a hunt for that then.. Need somewhere to park my Bike.

Big Col
14th February 2006, 07:25 PM
I wonder what revision those ones are. Isn't the current version of the MINI called R56 or summat, meaning that it was the 56th version they had tried? Methinks the chances of the production car looking like the ones in the pic would be slim. There is also a bit of diguise work on one of them to hide the profile a lil so it'll be interesting to see what they'll really look like. When are they out? Is it December:question:

The Dogfather
14th February 2006, 10:31 PM
I think there's a lot of disguise stuff on these, plus no chrome work to brighten them up. Disappointed you can't use the light as search light anymore, well unless they still mount the spots on the bonnet that is :(

Duncan Stewart
14th February 2006, 11:01 PM
Bad dog is right - these are test cars in matt black covered with bits of tape. I'm sure the finish item will look good. Bonnet design has to change for pedestrian crash regulations and probably for the new engine too so it will be different.

Big Col
14th February 2006, 11:22 PM
What do you mean you can't use the light as a search light mate?

The Dogfather
14th February 2006, 11:58 PM
Switch on your lights and open your bonnet, bingo search light for spotting planes :D

Ooh, looky 3000 posts :D

Burple
15th February 2006, 12:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Bad dog is right - these are test cars in matt black covered with bits of tape. I'm sure the finish item will look good. Bonnet design has to change for pedestrian crash regulations and probably for the new engine too so it will be different.

I hope so!!! :D:D:D

N12 JLK
15th February 2006, 06:16 AM
Ooh, looky 3000 posts :D
[/quote]

Congratulations on your momentous occasion:D:D:D (fireworks going off)