PDA

View Full Version : Think i got nicked

sh@z
10th February 2006, 07:04 AM
I think i got nicked today by a speed camera (mobile one) heading out of edinburgh, 40 into a 30, my road angel bleeped and then stopped bleeping before i could get a chance to read the display, i then pulled up further up the road did a U-turn and went back to see if there was anybody with a camera or a van or anything, but nope, so then i drove back up past where the road angel bleeped and nothing this time.

Im hoping i didnt get nicked, and maybe something else triggered the road angel, was passing through a set of traffic lights as the road angel went off.

:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::d ead:

/end rant

Any ideas if it was just my road angel being a t**t

I Want A Works
10th February 2006, 09:40 AM
Was driving the A96 Aberdeen - Inverness road one day when my young lady took a picture on her camera. As the flash went off the Road Angel starting doing its little bleeping fit saying a mobile unit had caught me. I slammed on the brakes, but then realised that I was doing about 50 at the time. Apparently the electronics in the flash set it off as we tried this again a couple days later while sitting still.

It also went off one day when I was sitting still. Was sitting in the car at my mates in Portlethen when it beeped once for a fixed point camera. What I assume happened is that, as the GPS technology ain't perfect, it can occasionally give you two different position readings when you haven't moved, so as I was within a quarter mile of a speed camera on the A90, it thought I was moving towards it. Maybe in your case there is a speed camera in a near by street and it thought that you were travelling along there?

sh@z
10th February 2006, 10:47 AM
Yeah, im hoping it was the traffic lights, a set has triggered the road alarm before due to the camera for people jumping a red light on them... HOPING lol

Mini Martyn
11th February 2006, 01:36 AM
Shaz if i was you and my angel went off i am sure as hell wont drive back down the same road twice to see what it was for!! Not if i drove like you!! :D:evil:;)

sh@z
11th February 2006, 01:41 AM
Lol obviously i didnt drive back up over the speed limit lol.