PDA

View Full Version : Is This A Scam

Gismo
10th February 2006, 02:04 AM
eBay Scam (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-Racing-Green-Mini-Cooper-Sports_W0QQitemZ4612013227QQcategoryZ38708QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem)
Yes i know it is, but, anyway, i e-mailed the guy and am gonna see just how far he is willing to go, i'm gonna have some fun :approve:

Gismo
10th February 2006, 02:05 AM
First reply to my initial question:-

"Hello there,
I know that you have many choices on eBay and I appreciate that you contacted me.Although I am registered in the UK, but I recently moved in GREECE (where my family is from) and the car is being shipped from here. I made the auction for UK due to the fact it's UK version (right handed), meet all the UK standards, and its better to ship it where it belongs, that means UK, because here in GREECE is very difficult to drive this type of vehicle, so i am trying to sell it as low as i can to complete the sale fast (my loss will be your gain). It still has UK registration, cos I didn't paid for GREECE import taxes so it will be very easy for you to register the car in your country. Also the car is still registered there so you don't have to pay any import taxes or any other fees.The car meets United Kindom DOT and EPA guidelines so there will be no problems regarding UK Customs policy on receiving the car.The car is in a perfect cosmetic and engine conditions, and meticulously maintained. No damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, the engine doesn't smoke, runs and sounds awesome, the engine has never been repaired or something like that, never been into accidents and it is as advertised .The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, it is free of encumbrances and liens. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car in UK, and also a bill of sale in your name and signed by me.If the car is not how i described it, i will offer a full refund, upon the return of the item in original condition (return postage at my expense). It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your front door in maximum one week. Final price is £ 3,000.00 (this price includes the shipping and insurance).
I wait your final decision and I will contact ebay and tell them to contact you with the transaction details in order to buy under their PURCHASE PROTECTION & REFUND PLAN.

PLEASE DON'T PLACE A BID ON MY AUCTION UNTIL YOU RECEIVE ALL THE DETAILS REGARING PAYMENT AND SHIPPING

SEND YOUR EBAY ID WHEN YOU REPLY

Thank you!"

euan
10th February 2006, 02:07 AM
Ok, why is he advertising it as green - is it not black?

I hate these people, this is why I've stopped using ebay.

Burple
10th February 2006, 02:08 AM
It certainly is! :D

"I cannot get in touch with you if you use the "Ask seller a question" option, so please e-mail me directly." Oh really... and why would that be?? ;)

Maybe you should get in there quick Allan... It says he'll post it to the UK ;):D:p

Any mileage in showing this on Mini2 in case someone on there knows the car?

Burple
10th February 2006, 02:11 AM
Reading the reply you got...
It sounds very familiar... Is it not pretty much word for word the same answer given by the last person (that was shown on NMS) that tried this scam... Interesting...

Waste as much of that tw@t's time as you can!!:D:D:D

Gismo
10th February 2006, 02:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Waste as much of that tw@t's time as you can!!:D:D:D
I am doing, i already said i would pay cash, that i'm on holiday in turkey and will pick up straight away

Also, i've e-mailed the actual account he has hacked so they are aware, so, it might not last long anyway ;)

sleepyrascal
10th February 2006, 02:51 AM
Had a brain wave.....

Ok, your gona need balls to pull this one off, but assuming someone was to bid £2000000 for this car but when the auction ends, simply dont pay up.

He wil then get a bill for about £30,000 from Ebay for the sale. Invariably he will contest this as the winner didn't pay, but then why would you pay for a duplicate ebay auction. Ebay will take your side as the seller is takeing the piss out of Ebay, but wouldn't it be funny if they still billed him for the £30,000 and took him to court! HAHAHAHAHA I WOULD LAUGH MY ASS OFF!!!!!

Gismo
10th February 2006, 03:21 AM
Sleepy, the guy has hacked into a legitimate account, so any bdding will give the real account holder the bill

Anyway's, i had to give an eBay ID for me and my full postal address, i chose this:-

r_u_cerious
23 Imha Vinuon Road
Cardiff
Wales

Burple
10th February 2006, 03:41 AM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What's the name you gave?

I P Freely?

Drew Peacock?

Seymour Butts? :D:D

Gismo
10th February 2006, 04:23 AM
Eh, see the above post :evil: sheesh, r_u-cerious, also, have you sussed the address yet :D

So, latest news:-

"Hello again,

I contacted Ebay just now and they shall get back to you shortly to explain the entire procedure
Please email me back as soon as they get in touch
Thank you!"

;) Tomorrow i'll get my bogus eBay headed e-mail and we'll see what we can do :approve:

Burple
10th February 2006, 06:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Eh, see the above post :evil: sheesh, r_u-cerious, also, have you sussed the address yet :D

Doh! I did read it too.. my brain must have decided <discard> :D:D:I:I:I

sleepyrascal
10th February 2006, 08:11 AM
Bonnie is having us on i think!

sleepyrascal
10th February 2006, 08:13 AM
The item has been removed. AWWWW What a small shame!! LOL

Gismo
10th February 2006, 08:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal
Bonnie is having us on i think!

Negotiations are ongoing, i've recieved my Western Union money transfer invoice, so, if anyone with some time on their hands could maybe do some research for me, as i'm actually busy today :p here's his details

tiberius_smith223@yahoo.com

Tiberius Smith
Androutsou 170
Piraeus
Greece

I replied saying that i'm not registered with that company but i do have loads of money in my PayPal account and get back to me, quick :D