View Full Version : F1 fan's

J Cee
8th February 2006, 11:17 AM
Hi All! Who do you think is going to do the business this year.:question:
My money is on Redbull not to win just to upset the rest of the field.:p
I suppose the thinking man’s money will be on McLaren, Ferrari, Renault,

Big Col
8th February 2006, 04:18 PM
I don't think it'll be Ferrari. I think if McLaren have worked out how to build a reliable car during the break they'll romp it. BAR might have a good year too. They wont win but they might grab a few podiums.

euan
8th February 2006, 05:54 PM
From what I've heard from winter testing, McLaren is as unreliable as last year. They have had a lot of engine trouble.

Renault look strong, as do Honda who seem to have built something pretty fast.

Redbull - I think this year is too soon for them. Next season they will win races, they may get a podium this year though.

Crombers
8th February 2006, 06:12 PM
Ferrari will be back :approve:

Nothing wrong with last years car apparently (according to recent ITV F1 reports) so if they can get the tyres right they will be back with the front runners :)

KAH
8th February 2006, 10:34 PM
I've been getting quite excited about this season....I'm not usually that bothered, but from all the stuff I've been reading, every team seems really confident!!! So its hard to figure out who will be in amongst it I think Button and Rubens should get a few podiums and it would be Great to see DC back on the podium too. I'm just hoping all the teams realy are doing as well as they say they are, and no one team dominates the championship. The other thing is that towards the end of the season everyone will be talking about Valentino Rossi driving for Ferrari in 2007.......that will be interesting!!!!

euan
8th February 2006, 10:40 PM
I think it'll be talked about from mid season - he's getting close to matching schumakers time, at least in the dry.

KAH
9th February 2006, 12:48 AM
yeah aparently he's not too nifty in the wet...yet!!! it show's he's trying!!!

monkimagic
12th February 2006, 02:45 AM
Mclarens new motor

http://www.mclaren.co.uk/interactive/photo-gallery/mp4-21/2006_Team_McLaren_Mercedes-Front_Three_Quarter.jpg

sh@z
12th February 2006, 03:38 AM
*droooooooooooooooool* McLaren desperately need to live up to their potential, especially with the drivers they have... no time like now to make their mark.

Mini Me
12th February 2006, 04:46 AM
you got to fancy Kimmi, although if the package is good enough, Montoya has the balls to take it.IMHO....

Big Col
12th February 2006, 05:21 AM
Nah Montoya doesn't have the ability to control his impatience and will just end up driving into people like he did last year. Love the look of that McLaren though.

Mini Me
12th February 2006, 06:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Nah Montoya doesn't have the ability to control his impatience and will just end up driving into people like he did last year. Love the look of that McLaren though.

the monster is the man !!!!:eek::blackeye:
He has the skill(and the temper)but more important the aggression to be WC !!!!!!:D

Mon the fish
13th February 2006, 09:13 PM
The REAL world champ to whip them all into shape and get his title back :D

monkimagic
13th February 2006, 09:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mon the fish

The REAL world champ to whip them all into shape and get his title back :D

I dont think Eddie Irvine is getting a drive this year :p

Smitty
14th February 2006, 12:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

quote:Originally posted by Big Col

the monster is the man !!!!:eek::blackeye:
He has the skill(and the temper)but more important the aggression to be WC !!!!!!:D

AGREED!!

Its gona be JPM's year, as long as Mclaren can get the reliability sorted on their wagon.:D

Quite fancy red bull to do well though. And i dont reckon Renualt will be competitive this year. Only reason Alonso one last year was because of McLarens rubbish car which seemed to be put together with sticky tape:p:p

monkimagic
14th February 2006, 12:50 AM
JPM has not delivered on his promise to shake F1 up, he has merely been there and scared a few fellow drivers with aggressive driving.

If you look at Kimi, he is aggressive yet skilled, where JPM is aggressive but scarey.

I will give him a few good moves that have pulled him into the championshipo but all in all he is not the genius we had been promised.

zimbo
14th February 2006, 04:08 AM
Well my money is on Montoya... He has the skill, all he needs is the right team with the reliability!

monkimagic
14th February 2006, 04:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo

Well my money is on Montoya... He has the skill, all he needs is the right team with the reliability!

But JPM had the reliability issues as Kimi but finished 60 points to Kimi's 112.

They both had three retirments but JPM had 2 crashes and got disqualified once on top of that.

Kimi is by far the best driver in f1

Monki

Mini Me
14th February 2006, 04:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo

i thinks we shsould have a pre-season draw ;)

J Cee
14th February 2006, 10:05 AM
I think Toyota and Honda are worth watching. Maybe not this year but one of them is going to win a constructors world championship in the future. :D

Mon the fish
14th February 2006, 09:33 PM
For an indicator, just remember who finished 3rd in the championship last season, despite car, tyre issues etc, who finished ahead of both Fisi and JPM, both BAR's... ;)

KAH
14th February 2006, 09:58 PM
Kimi and JPM are good but the one thing they dont have this year is Adrian Newey sorting the car that might be a big factor in how well they do....but we wont know until it all kicks off.

Neil and Lorna
15th February 2006, 02:32 AM
Yo

Remember folks there all down to v8 power this year.
Reliability going to be the one to win.:)

But I must admit kimi's got the temprament as much as Alonso and all the other champions.:D

Montoya is a bit hairy at times but hey he keeps us entertained.:D

Neil