PDA

View Full Version : encounter with a clio sport!

j mac
8th February 2006, 05:57 AM
The first thing i noticed was the headlights sitting on my parcel shelf, then the base tube doing overtime, so i let him pass me and saw his kitchen utensil sponsor on his back window!

we had a bit of fun then for about 2 miles seeing if his wheelie bin for an exhaust made a difference... it didn't. pulled up at the lights and had a little chat... he screamed ( over the music ) " that must be one of those works ones" i said no just basic but quick! what he never knew was when i went into 3rd he was leaving me for dead ( matybe my poor driving or that my mcs is like torvil and dean in the wet:disapprove:)

i then asked why he had 7 spring or suspension logo's on the side of his clio??" cause it looks f****n cool he replied!

..........I drove off....... worrying thing is that i had the exact same s**t attatched to my cars when i was 21 and i thought i was so cooooll ( maybe not )!!! AAAAAhhhhhggggg:dead::dead:

N12 JLK
8th February 2006, 07:16 AM
Pure mad baseball cap eh! like ma mowta, was the writing on the car done in permanent ink marker?

sh@z
8th February 2006, 07:36 AM
I think its referred to as a "shopping list" if it was a list of parts on the car :p

J Cee
8th February 2006, 10:30 AM
Why do Mini drivers always get grief from Ned’s driving Clio’s, Polo’s :question:

Big Col
8th February 2006, 04:20 PM
Don't forget the horribly over ambitious ones in the 1.2 corsas!

I'm surprised he was leaving you for dead in 3rd though.

zimbo
9th February 2006, 01:31 AM
If it was a clio 182 Sport then they are pretty damn quick!! road tested one last year... once tinkered with you'll easily get over 200bhp :)

The Dogfather
9th February 2006, 04:11 AM
Corsa drivers are a hoot, a young lass in a GSI decided to have a play on the A947 between Banff and Turriff. There was nothing in it power wise, however first set of bends I left her for dead.

Clio 182s are in a different league though, I'd have a go in an S or if the road was very twisty otherwise I'd give it a miss. :D

J Cee
9th February 2006, 04:46 AM
Bdm! You’re right about the standard S the one I had last year wiped the floor with 182 on corners. On straights 182 caught up with me but he couldn’t pass me.:D

j mac
9th February 2006, 05:16 AM
the thing thats a little more surprising is that this was the old clio sport ( 2.0e i think). now i know that the 182 spec is pretty sim to the mcs but this lad must have played with the engine as i was in the red on 3rd and he was still goin!

T6 KFR
9th February 2006, 09:53 PM
Ever since I have had the mini, its the only car that has given me hassle "road rage" wise...everyone seems to be out to get you..WHY , ARE YOU ALL JEALOUS . A Holes!!!

Most recent was a guy that was so worng what he did, I beeped my horn bla bla bla... he got out his car, so of course I had to too. Didnt want a punch in the face through my window;), told him what i thought of him, the best he could say was "get back in your ermmmmm poofy car" - ooooooooo, scarey.

The Dogfather
10th February 2006, 02:29 AM
Kev, I think I might know why he backed down. You didn't have a BBQ implement in your hand did ya? ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/KEVRET/Picture042.jpg

Scary Chef :D

Burple
10th February 2006, 03:39 AM
quote:[

Scary Chef :D

heh....Hey Kids! :D:D:D

Julz
10th February 2006, 08:14 PM
I've had a Clio encounter too, when driving the Evo??!!:eek::blackeye::p Why do these children bother? Although it's almost as amusing as a Corsa trying to race me when I was driving Robs 911!:sleepy: I must admit, having the Evo is much less stressful than the mini as I don't have a point to prove! With the BBR I had to prove to these brats that I could whip their spotty little butts, now there's no need as I have lots of carbon fibre go faster bits!!:p:D:D

Mini Martyn
11th February 2006, 01:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

I've had a Clio encounter too, when driving the Evo??!!:eek::blackeye::p Why do these children bother? Although it's almost as amusing as a Corsa trying to race me when I was driving Robs 911!:sleepy: I must admit, having the Evo is much less stressful than the mini as I don't have a point to prove! With the BBR I had to prove to these brats that I could whip their spotty little butts, now there's no need as I have lots of carbon fibre go faster bits!!:p:D:D

This reply is use less without piccys!! :D:cool:

zimbo
11th February 2006, 02:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

This reply is use less without piccys!! :D:cool:

:D:p yeah wheres the pics Julz, WE WANT PICS, WE WANT PICS..... :D

Julz
11th February 2006, 07:12 PM
I'll try and take a couple today although the Evo is still looking like a true rally car, covered in gutters! (ran out of Megs shampoo and the hose hasn't defrosted for weeks and I'm trying to think up more excuses including, I can't reach the roof......;))!