PDA

View Full Version : nurburgring on a bike

broken_brian
8th February 2006, 12:18 AM
this is a big clip so right click and save

http://www.gerd-seine.de/filme/-17.10.05%20ZX10R,R1,%20V.S%20AMG%20BENZ.wmv

sh@z
8th February 2006, 12:53 AM
That is amazing, the Merc looks like one of those DTM monsters, it must be since the bike should spank the car in the straights.

edit: oh it did at the end :blackeye: lol

Big Gordy
8th February 2006, 03:41 AM
Awsome:D To be honest I don't think he was trying too hard to pass him. Would have made the wee film a lot less interesting with nothing in front IMHO;) A ZX10 even an old one would have smoked the merc:p:D:approve:

sh@z
8th February 2006, 04:00 AM
Yeah i thought that, cos he would gain on the merc, and then either back of hold his positiong behind the car

J Cee
8th February 2006, 04:17 AM
Yep! The guy on the ZX wasn’t trying hard enough he was in 4’ 5’ quite a lot and there was no sound of a rev limiter. :p

monkimagic
8th February 2006, 06:13 AM
I reckon he was merely filming the Merc, that or he was scared

j mac
8th February 2006, 06:23 AM
just watched the vid as well and i know nothing bout bikes but surely it should of blasted by that merc?? even if its a brabus or something i would be well surprised if a bike couldn't touch it.

sh@z
8th February 2006, 06:47 AM
The merc itself was no slouch, it was blasting by everyone else mind you.

monkimagic
8th February 2006, 08:56 AM
Still, an R1 would have no problems taking that in Nuremberg.

The spec of an R1 are something like -Acceleration: 0-60 in under 2.5 seconds which is faster than any car around

150+ BHP and a top speed of 180+

Big Col
8th February 2006, 04:21 PM
Yeah the bike would win every time if it wasn't for those pesky corners! It's just as well the nurburgring doesn't have many of those...

;)

zimbo
9th February 2006, 01:22 AM
Brian that was an amazing video... I'd love to have a go on the nurburgring!! The person driving that merc certainly knows waht they're doing.... The car by the way is a Mercedes CLK DTM-GTR one of only 100 made, its an homologation special think for the German touring car series. :p:D:p

broken_brian
9th February 2006, 12:01 PM
right then zimbo when are we going then just need to put the bike back together first tho.

Moonshine
9th February 2006, 05:09 PM
personally i thought the bike was doing a good job keeping up.

I have a film somewhere of sabine schmitt (sp?) in her M5 ring taxi (4 up) , filmed from a porsche GT2, and she duffed up every bike she came up against, even a 'busa - the only time the 'busa got away in the end was on the final straight under the bridge, most od the time te bike held her up (and the guy was trying - took way more risks than the zx10r guy and looked way more edgy)

Plus the CLK DTM GTR and the bike in the film were somewhere in the 8min 5 - 10 sec territory for a lap.. pretty good in my book for anyone.

Gerry

Gerry

Moonshine
9th February 2006, 05:41 PM
Here is an Autocar article from Steven Sutcliff on settin the production car record for the 'ring.

http://www.caterham.force9.co.uk/ring.htm

I timed the bike from leaving the s bend at the end of the cones to the bridge. The car couldn't be more than 5 sec ahead at the start.

Gerry

euan
9th February 2006, 07:18 PM
I've seen one of those merc's last year at Goodwood blasting up the hill - looked fantastic....

However, it was followed by a GT40, so sounded a bit wimpy when you hear one of them after it.

There is no way the guy was trying to pass him, he was just filming the car (who was trying!!)

Moonshine
9th February 2006, 08:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan
There is no way the guy was trying to pass him, he was just filming the car (who was trying!!)

i'm not so sure.... a bike excels in the 0-60 and will destroy a car from a standstill, however once going, a bike will have find it tough to out perform a well driven, quick car on a road curcuit as the margin for error in the bike is so small compared to the car and the rider needs cahoneys of steel to get as close to the ragged edge on a bike vs a car as the concequence of a screw up are vastly different.

So we will agree to disagree on this one as we will never know if the bike rider could have passed the car, all we know is he didn't. What we can agree on is both of them dis a fab job, as anyone who can do a time in te order of 8.15, in car or bike deserves respect.

Gerry