3) Julz & Rob
4) Gary & Cheryl
5) Big Gordy, maybe
6) John + ????
7)
8)
9)
10)

Ok folks, an american couple are coming over for Hogmanay staying in Edinburgh, sadly they will miss the festive run on the 28th December by about 4 hours:(

I would like to welcome them over and organise a wee run either on Monday 29th or Tuesday the 30th December.
I need a few of us to show some scottish hospitality but understand it's a busy time of year.
I'm hoping to stay overnight on the Sunday (or at willie's if he's got his windaes in) after the festive run, then meet up with the travelling duo at night and have a blether and then have a nice wee run on the monday morning after the rush hour.
I don't have any kind of a route planned and would look to the locals to help there, also a nice place for a spot of lunch before calling it a day and departing. I thought of the place on the outskirts of edinburgh, it's a wildlife centre or something.

So, anyone interested please put your names forward and which date :)

We need to pick a date to allow our guests the option of booking sightseeing trips etc

Bonnie Scotland

Willie M
27th October 2003, 07:11 AM
Not too sure about you putting my windaes in Alan ;) but I'm fairly certain Linda and I will be up for a wee meet with our American visitors. I'm off work right through so either Monday or Tuesday would probably suit.

Gismo
27th October 2003, 07:19 AM
1) Bonnie Scotland + Me Julie
2) Willie M & Linda M?
3) Julz & Rob
4) Gary & Cheryl
5) Big Gordy
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Julz
27th October 2003, 04:54 PM
2) Willie M & Linda M?
3) Julz & Rob
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

I'll try and make it, as long as there's no snow!!:clown:

GAJ
27th October 2003, 05:15 PM
Cheryl and I should be ble to make it too.

2) Willie M & Linda M?
3) Julz & Rob
4) Gary & Cheryl
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

macblob
27th October 2003, 06:13 PM
Sorry , canny make this one , im working the days in between xmas and new yr :disapprove:

Monsta Mo Mini
27th October 2003, 10:33 PM
Can't commit yet - we're thinking of getting a last minute flight somewhere for New Year.

seany
27th October 2003, 11:05 PM
sorry, canny do this one, working.

Gismo
28th October 2003, 08:10 AM
As per the main title, the run is now set for Monday the 29th, it's the only day that week i can manage :evil: and it's my ball and if i canna play then nobody else will ;)

Julz + Rob, wanna see about getting a hotel booked up for the sunday night, save us driving home on the sunday and then back down again???
Then we can meet up with our visitors reminds self to find out their real names and anyone else for a nosh up and a wee drinky poo :cool:

Bonnie Scotland

john
28th October 2003, 08:12 AM
2) Willie M & Linda M?
3) Julz & Rob
4) Gary & Cheryl
5)John & ?????
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

[/quote]

Gismo
28th October 2003, 08:20 AM
John, would you fancy staying over at the same hotel, would save on petrol and time etc??

Alan..

Julz
28th October 2003, 05:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Julz + Rob, wanna see about getting a hotel booked up for the sunday night, save us driving home on the sunday and then back down again???
Then we can meet up with our visitors reminds self to find out their real names and anyone else for a nosh up and some grub :cool:

Bonnie Scotland

Fine by me!!!:clown:

Gismo
28th October 2003, 06:12 PM
Ok, i'm just waiting for Dana to get back to me with the name of the hotel they are staying in and i'll get back to you.

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
28th October 2003, 09:57 PM
For a route how about over the Kincardine Bridge and on to St.Andrews (Fisher and Donaldsons the bakers in St.A have 'orgasmic' fudge donuts by the way) returning back home via Crail,Anstruther (tea in the British Champion winning fish and chip shop),Pittenweem, Elie and back over the Forth road bridge. Just an idea :D:p:approve:

Gismo
28th October 2003, 10:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

For a route how about over the Kincardine Bridge and on to St.Andrews (Fisher and Donaldsons the bakers in St.A have 'orgasmic' fudge donuts by the way) returning back home via Crail,Anstruther (tea in the British Champion winning fish and chip shop),Pittenweem, Elie and back over the Forth road bridge. Just an idea :D:p:approve:
Could you just quickly type it out ;) oh and while your at it, just add some road names, distances, arrange the food stops, print off the route, dish them out, don't worry, i'll do everything else :evil::):D

Seriously though, if anyone could help with a route as i'm not familiar with the area at all it would be great.

Bonnie Scotland

Tahra
28th October 2003, 10:46 PM
If youre thinking of heading that way,St Andrews, be sure to do the Largoward road out of Colinsburgh, either there or back (- if its back then theres some great views but you would have to backtrack to the East Neuk) Its full of some nist twisty bits. Im sure theres a bit on the road from St Andrews to Anstruther were you can almost get airborne ! Not sure if we can make this one since Im sure J's working but its soooo local I might not able to resist......

Duncan Stewart
28th October 2003, 10:46 PM
Sounds like a good route to me. I should be able to do at least part of the run, depends on if I can get monday off work

Big Gordy
29th October 2003, 12:16 AM
Where would be the best start location :question: If we were going over the Kincardine Bridge then we could muster at the old truckers cafe which is now a bathroom showroom called Bathe. I don't mind helping out with this as I know these locations quite well from a childhood of holidaying at Anstruther :D If my memory serves me well its about 1hr45mins to St.Andrew's via Cupar and about 2hrs15min via Kirkcaldy.
It might be a good idea asking our colonial cousin's if there is anything in particular they would like to see. Then we could put our heads together and organise an 'adventure' around their itinery :approve: what do ya think eh,eh.

Gismo
29th October 2003, 12:43 AM
They are spending the tuesday doing the sightseeing thing in a hired car, given the amount of time we are gonna be driving i think that big attractions will slow us down significantly.

Not knowing the area at all i can't even begin to think where to start. I know they are staying at a guest house in Marchall Road

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
29th October 2003, 01:31 AM
quote:Not knowing the area at all i can't even begin to think where to start. I know they are staying at a guest house in Marchall Road

I take it that's in Edinburgh somewhere :question:

Wul
29th October 2003, 01:33 AM
don't forget the time of year this will be in - if you plan a route with a lot of B roads and twisties better bring along a personal gritter and plenty shovels!

Don't know if i can tag along as yet (what a surprise!) hoping to make the festive run on the sunday though!

Maybe a better route would be east coastal route along the south side of the forth - MMM, Ken, GAJ and macblob will give you chaps plenty of good roads and most are at sea level so should be open.

Gismo
29th October 2003, 03:10 AM

quote:Not knowing the area at all i can't even begin to think where to start. I know they are staying at a guest house in Marchall RoadI take it that's in Edinburgh somewhere :question:Yes it's in edinburgh, i believe quite close to Dalkeith Road, beside a large swimming pool????????????
I don't really know.

I don't think we need to over complicate the route, a nice drive on major roads would be fine, as mentioned going over the kincardine bridge, do a wee circuit and come back in over the forth road bridge.
If this sounds daft it's cause i don't know the area :evil:

Bonnie Scotland

travelingmcmahans
29th October 2003, 08:02 AM
Hey - it's the "colonial cousin" here. :) Will there really be snow? I didn't think it really would be cold enough for snow while we're there.
Our planned drive for Tuesday is Perth and Stirling, so I'm open to anything that's not a duplicate of that. We don't need to do any sightseeing, although I wouldn't be adverse to driving past a few castles... ;)

Big Gordy
29th October 2003, 05:44 PM
Hey Wul, Fife's not that hilly :clown: and the roads I was thinking about are mostly 'A's so ice and snow shouldn't be an issue (say's he with his fingers crossed :D) Right here's what I was thinking. We start at Kincardine bridge then head up the A977 past Knockhill and onto the M90 at Kinross. Come off the M90 onto the A91 through Cuper and on to St.Andrew's. If we head off at 10am we should get to St.A just before lunch. Parking could be a problem though :eek: so I thought we could park in the carpark that is down at the beach by the golf coarse. Don't know where to have lunch though - any idea's Tahra. After lunch we could head out around the coast via the A917 which takes in Crail, Anstruther, Pittenweem, St.Monans, Elie and onto Leven where we would join the A955 through Kirkcaldy onto the A921 through Burntisland and onto the A90 at the Forth road bridge. We could finish at the hotel on the other side of the bridge and everyone head home from there. What do you think (Tahra - your the 'local';))

Monsta Mo Mini
29th October 2003, 06:21 PM
Snow is very much an issue out on the East Neuk. It drifts off the fields so it doesn't take much to make driving "interesting". The route suggested is basically last years Crimbo run in reverse.

As for castles - Kellie Castle will be closed for winter which leaves Fernie Castle (where I got married) which is a hotel but is also a genuine 13th century castle with turrets etc. It has the added advantage of having a great wee bar in what was once the dungeon where you could get someting to eat. There's also Falkland Palace.

Dana - just as a matter of interest - do you guys have passes for the Hogmanay Party in Princes Street?

travelingmcmahans
29th October 2003, 08:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

As for castles - Kellie Castle will be closed for winter which leaves Fernie Castle (where I got married) which is a hotel but is also a genuine 13th century castle with turrets etc. It has the added advantage of having a great wee bar in what was once the dungeon where you could get someting to eat. There's also Falkland Palace.
I'm happy to just see the castles, we don't have to actually go wander around in them. Though I hope you'll be patient with the number of pictures I take!:I

Dana - just as a matter of interest - do you guys have passes for the Hogmanay Party in Princes Street?

I bought memberships to the First Foot Club, which is supposed to include our passes. I didn't want to leave it to a random drawing if I come all the way to Scotland!:)

Duncan Stewart
30th October 2003, 12:03 AM
If you come to St Andrews there is a castle and cathedral ruins as well as many other old, sorry historic, buildings. ;)
Don't worry about taking lots of photos, you should see the amount us lot take when there are some minis to point the camera at! :)

Big Col
30th October 2003, 01:52 AM
If you're rolling through to St. Andrews I'm well up for that...although staying sober during the festive period is no mean feat...

Burple
30th October 2003, 02:06 AM
yeh.. sounds like fun to me...
So long as I still have some cash left!!
A wee night in Edinburgh is always good!
Fancy booking a nice cheap Travel Inn?? ;);)

2) Willie M & Linda M?
3) Julz & Rob
4) Gary & Cheryl
5)John & ?????
6)Low_n_loud1 and possible + 1
7)
8)
9)
10)

Gismo
30th October 2003, 04:57 AM
Have booked accomodation for myself and me Julie and a room for Julz & Rob at the Holyrood Aparthotel @ £38 each.

Bonnie Scotland

travelingmcmahans
30th October 2003, 08:21 AM

Have booked accomodation for myself and me Julie and a room for Julz & Rob at the Holyrood Aparthotel @ £38 each.

Bonnie Scotland

You are staying very close to us! We're off of Dalkeith, which turns into about 3 other street names over about a mile, and there you are!
What a great price during Hogmanay. How did you manage that?:D

I can't wait to get there!:p

PS. The pool nearby is called "Royal Commonwealth Games Swimming Pool" if that helps at all.

Monsta Mo Mini
30th October 2003, 06:04 PM
They're about 10 minutes walk from where you're staying Dana. Which is 10 minutes from where I live :D. Still don't know if we'll be around that week.

Big Gordy
30th October 2003, 07:08 PM
Are we putting a number's limit on this :question: So far we have :-

2) Willie M & Linda M?
3) Julz & Rob
4) Gary & Cheryl
5) John & ?????
6) Low_n_loud1 and possible + 1
7) Gordon & Ishbel
8) Colin & ?????
9)
10)

What do we all think of the route 8) Is it OK or has anyone else got any idea's :D:p

Big Gordy
30th October 2003, 07:13 PM
Has anyone thought about where we could go for lunch :eek: I was thinking of Carol Smile's husband's place 'The Doll's House' I've had lunch in there before and it was very nice. When we have actual numbers we could give them a phone and book it. What do you all think 8):p:D

Gismo
30th October 2003, 08:03 PM
Doh, i'm trying to cancel my booking at the Holyrood, no cooked brekkie and more important no bar!!!!

Am trying for somewhere else, the route is good, as are the numbers, more the merrier, it will have an impact though for booking a lunch somewhere.

We will defo have to book for the lunch that close to new year and now, so, can we book it for say 22 people, then that can become our limit, including Dana and her better half??

Good lad Big Gordy, three cheers and a round of applause

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
30th October 2003, 08:27 PM
What, ehh, doh :I methinks I've just been left with the ball to run with :clown: Oh well nevermind that's what happens when I make a suggestion :D <must remember NOT to do that again ;)> :p

Big Gordy
30th October 2003, 08:34 PM
Sorted Yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa (that was for our Americal pal's) That's the Dolls House provisionally booked for 22 people on the 29th December. we've just to phone nearer the time to confirm numbers. Am I organised or what :D It can only go pear shaped from here on in :p

Monsta Mo Mini
30th October 2003, 08:35 PM
Alan - try the Travel Inn in St Mary's Street or the Acorn Hotel in Pilrig.

Gismo
30th October 2003, 08:39 PM

What, ehh, doh :I methinks I've just been left with the ball to run with :clown: Oh well nevermind that's what happens when I make a suggestion :D <must remember NOT to do that again ;)> :p
Gordy, don't worry mate, i'm not gonna drop you in it :clown:, we just need to book a place for lunch and give an approx time, the run we can sort out as time progresses, much thanks.

Also, i'm changing hotels to one with a full cooked brekkie and a bar :p hic, gulp. It will be the Holiday Inn North, Queensferry Road, cheaper too only £35 each per night.

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
30th October 2003, 08:44 PM
Oh forgot to say lunch at the Dolls House is booked for about 12.30pm:D:p:clown:

Gismo
30th October 2003, 08:55 PM

Alan - try the Travel Inn in St Mary's Street or the Acorn Hotel in Pilrig.Will the Holiday In on Queensferry Road be suitable, it better be i ain't changing it again!!! :)

Right, i've got the start of the run organised, The Holiday Inn North on Queensferry Road ;)

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
30th October 2003, 09:07 PM
Depends what you want to do in it BS ;) But if it's got a bar and a bed then I think it's suitable :D:clown:

travelingmcmahans
30th October 2003, 09:20 PM
I promise I have never said yeeeee haaaa in my life!:D (although my husband's brother did at our wedding!)
Also, what does "It can only get pear shaped from here" mean? I know we all speak the same language, but I have a lot of fun reading some of your phrases that I've never heard anybody here say, and trying to figure them out. The pear one has me stumped though.
I should teach y'all some Kentucky speak. We'll start with...
"Djya-eetchet?" That means "Did you eat yet?":p

So what's this lunch place like? Any fish and chips or fresh Scottish salmon? I'm not much on eating the "coo" (is that right for cow?)

This sounds like so much fun!:cool:

Gismo
30th October 2003, 09:21 PM

Depends what you want to do in it BS ;) But if it's got a bar and a bed then I think it's suitable :D:clown:
And a suitably large car park, ideal for mini motoring fanatics who like to meet up prior to an organised run :cool: ;)

Bonnie Scotland

Gismo
30th October 2003, 09:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by travelingmcmahans
Also, what does "It can only get pear shaped from here" mean?

So what's this lunch place like? Any fish and chips or fresh Scottish salmon? I'm not much on eating the "coo" (is that right for cow?)
This sounds like so much fun!:cool:
Well, pear shaped means it all goes horribly wrong.
As for the eating, we are trying to organise a Sunday nicht (night) meal oot (out) tae (as well), so, have you anything in mind you would like, ie, Fish, Chicken, Indian, Chinese, etc etc, it's your special wee holiday and we will pander to all your special needs ;):I

Sorry can't comment on the lunch stop, i'm still getting over the salmonella from the last visit

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
30th October 2003, 09:38 PM
I'll quickly add that he didn't get salmonella from the dolls house :dead:

Gismo
30th October 2003, 09:55 PM

I'll quickly add that he didn't get salmonella from the dolls house :dead:Mild attempt at progressive sarcasm which obviously failed miserably :I this in no way implies that i got salmonella from the Dolls Hoose :)
while i'm at it, i'm sorry to the guy who lives at No 99 Forum Street for playing chickenelly and to the milkman for nicking pints of milk during my paper round ;)
There, think that covers most of my atrocities in my youth :eek:

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
30th October 2003, 10:21 PM
Ohh, I knew what you were up too ;) but I was just making sure our visitors knew about your cunning,underhand scullduggery :D:p

Tahra
30th October 2003, 11:57 PM
I dont log on for a day and its all sorted !!! Yes I wouldve recommended the Doll's House too so its nice you've got it booked ( we even tried to have our wedding lunch there !) Parking is a bit of a prob there, its the voucher system in that part of town and there finding a space first....but fingers crossed. Count me in too ( I will try and remember to mention it J and and have a look at your route, between me being the Kirkcaldy local and J being an Anstruther one we should know the roads !!!)

Tahra
30th October 2003, 11:59 PM
PS If youre coming back the coast road, Ill drop off at Burntisland. Since I drive that way to edinburgh every day Ill give it a miss for the holidays !

Big Gordy
31st October 2003, 12:18 AM
Howdy Tahra :p, I was thinking we could all park down at the beach in the carpark next to the golf museum OR further on behind the sand dunes beside the old course parallel to the beach. What do you think :I A brisk walk up to the dolls house from there but this will help to build an appetite for lunch :D:approve:

Wul
31st October 2003, 02:04 AM
Alan - the holiday inn on Queensferry road is only about 10-15mins cross the city from Dalkeith Road.

Tahra
31st October 2003, 02:14 AM
Hi Gordy, well I didnt want to suggest having to walk, but it should be fine down there and we can almost walk past the castle - the "Castles were NMS members were married trail" ! Also (Alan) I dont know if this has already been mentioned but theres a Holiday Inn Express just by Ocean Terminal in Leith, if your having trouble finding somewhere, close-ish to Dalkeith Road if you go through Holyrood Park- a very gentle Mini cruise !

Gismo
31st October 2003, 03:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Alan - the holiday inn on Queensferry road is only about 10-15 mins cross the city from Dalkeith Road.Thanks Wul is that walking ;)(& Tahra), i'm booked now in the queensferry, also is Julz & Rob, anyone else ?????

Ok next, we need a decent place to eat on the sunday night for Dana and her better half, someone get us booked in somewhere for about 8.30pm :p all invited, just need numbers.

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
31st October 2003, 06:33 AM
You're a good half hour walk from the city centre out there and then you're at the opposite side of town from where Dana and hunny are staying.

Gismo
31st October 2003, 06:41 AM

You're a good half hour walk from the city centre out there and then you're at the opposite side of town from where Dana and hunny are staying.Walk, cough, splutter, TAXI ;)
I ain't changing it again
Bonnie Scotland

travelingmcmahans
31st October 2003, 12:05 PM
As for the eating, we are trying to organise a Sunday nicht (night) meal oot (out) tae (as well), so, have you anything in mind you would like, ie, Fish, Chicken, Indian, Chinese, etc etc, it's your special wee holiday and we will pander to all your special needs ;):I

Bonnie Scotland

I like all this pandering to my needs! :D Just give me half a dozen Minis or so, a few kilted Scots and I'm happy. On the food side of things, we're both "veg" (no beef pork or fowl) but fish is fine, and we don't have to have anywhere especially vegetarian unless folks just want to give it a try. In fact, on both trips to Europe, we've never even eaten in a vegetarian restaurant.
I like tatties and neeps ;) (is that right?)

On the kilt topic, my husband (with some gentle persuasion on my part:kiss:) is thinking about shopping for one when we are there, especially as Alan has mentioned he might could arrange a few to wear them. How does one go kilt shopping? Are they one-size-fits-all?

Gismo
31st October 2003, 04:10 PM
I like tatties and neeps ;) (is that right?)
On the kilt topic, my husband (with some gentle persuasion on my part:kiss:) is thinking about shopping for one when we are there, especially as Alan has mentioned he might could arrange a few to wear them. How does one go kilt shopping? Are they one-size-fits-all?
Tatties and neeps :), thats good for me, also, on the kilt front, there are many kilt shops in and around Edinburgh, it's just finding the right deal. Also many shops will have ex-hire ones for sale that may fit properly etc, but, the best way is to get your own one made to measure, downside is the delivery will be about 5 - 6 weeks.

So, am i the only one gonna be wearing the kilt during the run:evil:;)

Bonnie Scotland

Big Col
31st October 2003, 04:50 PM
If ye huv fun tryin' tae work oot whit we're sayin' on heur lassie ye'll huv nae chance when ye actually meet most a' us. If ye dinna want tae eat any coo we ciul ayways set ye up wie some haggis neeps and tatties.

Tahra
31st October 2003, 05:54 PM
Dana, you and your hubbie will like the Doll's House. Its really good for veggies, one of the few places were you dont just get offered pasta :DAND definately get the McSweens veggie haggis - its just the best !

Duncan Stewart
1st November 2003, 01:22 AM
Hi All
Helen & I will do the festive run but not come back to Edinburgh for the night (so no meal required). We would also like to meet you for lunch on the Monday run but as we live in St Andrews we will only do part of the actual run.
Cheers

travelingmcmahans
1st November 2003, 11:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

If you come to St Andrews there is a castle and cathedral ruins as well as many other old, sorry historic, buildings. ;)
Don't worry about taking lots of photos, you should see the amount us lot take when there are some minis to point the camera at! :)

I'll have to bring a whole suitcase just for film! :D I go crazy with taking pictures of Minis and last time time I was in Scotland I took probably a couple hundred pictures. So putting the two together could be dangerous!

...mental note to buy extra card for my digital camera

Gismo
1st November 2003, 11:32 PM
Wow, prepare yourselves for this, Dana is absolutely gorgio :pand so is brian :I i feel that i have to mention my girlfriend here and that we are perfectly happy :blackeye: just checked out their website and this is one well travelled couple, i've never been to some of the places they have in Scotland :I
I have made all the arrangements for who is taking who and in who's car, Dana goes with me and brian is with my girlfriend squeezed into the back of Linda M's car :D

Roll on December ;)

Bonnie Scotland

travelingmcmahans
2nd November 2003, 02:37 AM
I blush...

travelingmcmahans
2nd November 2003, 02:45 AM
I have made all the arrangements for who is taking who and in who's car, Dana goes with me and brian is with my girlfriend squeezed into the back of Linda M's car :D

Roll on December ;)

Bonnie Scotland

ummm, Brian feels that if I am, and I quote, "In a car with a Scot in a kilt", that he should ummmm, be in, how shall I say,equivalent arrangements. ;) I'll leave it to you to determine the definition of equivalent...:eek:

Gismo
2nd November 2003, 03:12 AM
quote:ummm, Brian feels that if I am, and I quote, "In a car with a Scot in a kilt", that he should ummmm, be in, how shall I say,equivalent arrangements. ;) I'll leave it to you to determine the definition of equivalent...:eek:
Ha Ha, wasn't too sure how that was gonna be taken, you guys are pretty kewl, no worries, my equivalent definition is that he will still be in Linda M's car, it's almost as nice as mine :evil:

Bonnie Scotland

travelingmcmahans
2nd November 2003, 04:10 AM
So does anyone have actual road names or numbers for the route? I'd like to take a look at my Scotland Driving map to see where we're going.
PS. I'll try not to be too much of a fraidy cat about the whole "other side of the road" thing! Just ignore any frightened gasps and imaginary clutch and brake work going on over on my side (which is if course where I always sit when I drive!:eek:)

PPS. Linda's car looks very cool! I think Brian will be satisfied with that. Just to clarify, though, is he squeezed into the backseat with your girlfriend??:question::D

Julz
2nd November 2003, 04:17 AM

Just ignore any frightened gasps and imaginary clutch and brake work

Excellent, all we need is Davidson2 'Fajaaa', to come too, and you can go in his car as it has dual controls!!

p.s., cheers for the driving test on the way home last week Fajaaa, did I pass??:question::D

Gismo
2nd November 2003, 04:51 AM
PPS. Linda's car looks very cool! I think Brian will be satisfied with that. Just to clarify, though, is he squeezed into the backseat with your girlfriend??:question::DWell yes, but her twin 62 year old sister will be with her :eek:

Bonnie Scotland

john-apex
2nd November 2003, 09:29 AM
Bonnie would you like some rally panels for the festive run. If you do just let me know how many you require.:D:D

Big Gordy
2nd November 2003, 05:34 PM
quote:So does anyone have actual road names or numbers for the route? I'd like to take a look at my Scotland Driving map to see where we're going.
Dana if you look back at one of my earlier threads you will see the road numbers we were thinking of taking. It's not cast in stone yet but it will give you a rough idea of the route :D

Julz
3rd November 2003, 02:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by john-apex

Bonnie would you like some rally panels for the festive run. If you do just let me know how many you require.:D:D

Ooooo, I like the sound of collecting panels, I can save them up and put them in my garage, when I eventually get one!!:p

Gismo
3rd November 2003, 07:37 AM

Don't really know what your talking about, so an explanation and a price????

Bonnie Scotland

weefossy
3rd November 2003, 07:51 AM
Can you add Sioban and I to the list. Never eaten at the Doll's House, so looking forward to that. How many are going now?

Gismo
3rd November 2003, 04:44 PM
I am travelling home today and will post back soon with the ever expnding list, unless some kind person wants to trawl through the posts ;)

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
3rd November 2003, 05:37 PM
Right here's the list so far

2) Willie M & Linda M?
3) Julz & Rob
4) Gary & Cheryl
5) Big Gordy + Ishbel
6) John + ?
7) Big Col + ?
8) Low-n-loud + ?
9) Duncan + Helen (lunch + part run)
10)weefossy + Sioban
Plus our guest's of honour Dana + Brian

If I've missed anyone please add your name to the list.
The Dolls House is provisionally booked for 22 so numbers will need to be firmed up soon so I can confirm the booking :p:D:approve:

Monsta Mo Mini
3rd November 2003, 05:55 PM

Bonnie Scotland

Alan - John screen printed some rather nice run plates for the Skye run from a design I supplied.

Tahra
3rd November 2003, 06:43 PM
Gordy you forgot me.... Im hurt ! Well not really, just me though since J is definately working, unless I can persuade some friend to hang-on beside me !

Big Gordy
3rd November 2003, 06:49 PM
Oooooops :I sorry Tahra I thought you didn't know if you were coming :p
Right here's the list so far (amended)

2) Willie M & Linda M?
3) Julz & Rob
4) Gary & Cheryl
5) Big Gordy + Ishbel
6) John + ?
7) Big Col + ?
8) Low-n-loud + ?
10)weefossy + Sioban
11)Tahra + ?
Plus our guest's of honour Dana + Brian

Oohhhhhh the numbers are starting to creep up :eek: How many do you think the Dolls House would take Tahra/Duncan 8)

Tahra
3rd November 2003, 06:53 PM
Its got an upstairs too, so its a fair size !

Monsta Mo Mini
4th November 2003, 02:08 AM
Just a matter of interest - here are a couple of places that hire out MINIs

http://www.mini-rentals.co.uk/
http://www.coastal-carhire.co.uk/luxury_carhire/mini.htm

Mini Martyn
5th November 2003, 06:24 AM
I am sorry every body I will be missing this run as I am going away for christmas this year.

So I will be thinking of you all when I am sitting by the pool with a chilled beer!!?? :cool:

Gismo
5th November 2003, 07:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

I am sorry every body I will be missing this run as I am going away for christmas this year.
So I will be thinking of you all when I am sitting by the pool with a chilled beer!!?? :cool:
And just what exactly makes you think we won't be sitting beside a pool with a chilled beer on this run :evil:;)

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
5th November 2003, 06:36 PM
Yeh, chilled all right :eek: It will be bloody freeeeeezing in December down at the open air swimming pool by the castle.brrrrrrrrrrr :I:D

Wul
5th November 2003, 11:20 PM
Further to alans post here are the famous people in question!

http://home.earthlink.net/~danamcmahan/pizza.jpg

as for my attendance - not sure as i may be working on monday - but was a possible for the sunday if it's happening!?

travelingmcmahans
6th November 2003, 08:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Further to alans post here are the famous people in question!

Wow we're famous- sure didn't expect to see my big grinning face on this page!:D But since it's there, a little explanation: That was The Best Pizza Ever. Ever!
This was taken in Italy, in the Cinque Terre, where I discovered pesto. Yummmmmmmmmm. Summer 2001, on our EUropean Adventure.
http://travelingmcmahans.tripod.com Note- I'm lazy and haven't updated the site in ages.

john-apex
7th November 2003, 07:32 AM
Alan if you look at the Skye Run pics you will see nifty wee panels on the front of the cars, if you would like some printed for the run I would be happy to provide them for you. No charge Alan cant say fairer than that:D. Maybe Calum would be able to do the design?. Calum

Bonnie Scotland

Gismo
7th November 2003, 06:31 PM

Alan if you look at the Skye Run pics you will see nifty wee panels on the front of the cars, if you would like some printed for the run I would be happy to provide them for you. No charge Alan cant say fairer than that:D. Maybe Calum would be able to do the design?. Calum Well of course if it's free then i'll have 2 each for everyone ;) not mandatory by any means but if the masses decide they want banners, then if Calum would be so kind as to do a design then that would be fine by me :)

Bonnie Scotland

seany
8th November 2003, 02:17 AM
you can add me and the wife on, booked in the inn.

Gismo
8th November 2003, 02:32 AM
2) Willie M & Linda M?
3) Julz & Rob
4) Gary & Cheryl
5) Big Gordy + Ishbel
6) John + ?
7) Big Col + ?
8) Low-n-loud + ?
10)weefossy + Sioban
11)Tahra + ?
12) Dana + Brian our guest's of honour
13) Seany
14) Una
I guess we may have to increase the numbers for lunch :D

Bonnie Scotland

seany
8th November 2003, 06:03 PM
2) Willie M & Linda M?
3) Julz & Rob
4) Gary & Cheryl
5) Big Gordy + Ishbel
6) John + ?
7) Big Col + ?
8) Low-n-loud + ?
10)weefossy + Sioban
11)Tahra + ?
13) Seany
14) Una

seany
8th November 2003, 06:15 PM
two cars are coming down.

Gismo
8th November 2003, 06:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by seany

two cars are coming down.
:blackeye: Doh, nice one :cool:

Bonnie Scotland

seany
8th November 2003, 06:35 PM
how can you edit my post

sh@z
10th November 2003, 12:24 AM
Count me and bro in :)

Gismo
10th November 2003, 12:53 AM
how can you edit my postThe main man waved his magic wand and made me a moderator which allows me to edit, merge, delete posts etc depending on the content, he he, little does he realise the mayhem i can and have caused :evil:

Bonnie Scotland

Gismo
10th November 2003, 12:59 AM
2) Willie M & Linda M?
3) Julz & Rob
4) Gary & Cheryl
5) Big Gordy + Ishbel
6) John + ?
7) Big Col + ?
8) Low-n-loud + ?
10)weefossy + Sioban
11)Tahra + ?
13) Seany
14) Una
15) Sh@z + 1 (his bro)

seany
10th November 2003, 02:03 AM

how can you edit my postThe main man waved his magic wand and made me a moderator which allows me to edit, merge, delete posts etc depending on the content, he he, little does he realise the mayhem i can and have caused :evil:

Bonnie Scotland

Can i come a moderator, or is there something i got to do to come one.

sh@z
10th November 2003, 02:10 AM
seany... u need to speak to Monsta about that one as he is god on these forums so to speak ;)...

GAJ
10th November 2003, 03:11 AM
2) Willie M & Linda M?
3) Julz & Rob
4) Gary & Cheryl (Maybes)
5) Big Gordy + Ishbel
6) John + ?
7) Big Col + ?
8) Low-n-loud + ?
10)weefossy + Sioban
11)Tahra + ?
13) Seany
14) Una
15) Sh@z + 1 (his bro)

Dunno if I will be in Scotland or not hence the added (maybes!)

I'll confirm ASAP!

Monsta Mo Mini
10th November 2003, 04:16 AM
quote:
Can i come a moderator, or is there something i got to do to come one.

'Fraid not - Three moderators plus myself means that the site is more than adequately policed. I'm sure if the strain takes it's toll and one of the current crop of celestial beings resigns then there will be a position available...so to speak. Besides - keeping an eye on the mayhem Alan has caused is a full time job on it's own!:D;)

travelingmcmahans
10th November 2003, 05:23 AM
Wow - this is going to be a whole bunch of Minis!! :)

Big Gordy
10th November 2003, 05:23 PM
Alan do you think we should put a cap on the numbers yet as we are nearly at 30 people for lunch :eek: I only provisionally booked it for 22 :I

Gismo
10th November 2003, 05:56 PM

Alan do you think we should put a cap on the numbers yet as we are nearly at 30 people for lunch :eek: I only provisionally booked it for 22 :II think your right, though experience shows that nearer the date the numbers start to drop off, may be different this time as everyone knows whether they are on holiday or not.

I never thought we would get such a good response for a run the day after the main one :cool:
So, yes, can you contact the dolls heid and change the numbers to 30

So, sadly, we are gonna have to limit the amount of participants to 30, which has not yet been reached :)
Confirmation from the maybes as soon as possible would assist us greatly :)

Gordy, do you need any help to recce the run etc :cool:

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
10th November 2003, 06:38 PM
Right thats the Dolls Hooose booked for a max of 30 people. She asked if we were a club so I told her about 30 lunatics driving to St.Andrew's in their Mini's with 2 American's in tow and she got quite excited woohoo :D Its a pity we can't park all the cars outside the restaurant when we go for lunch :( Oh well never mind :approve:
Alan what do I need to do for this recce thing :p I know these roads really well but what kind of info will I need to supply for everybody :p:D:approve:

Gismo
10th November 2003, 06:58 PM

Right thats the Dolls Hooose booked for a max of 30 people. She asked if we were a club so I told her about 30 lunatics driving to St.Andrew's in their Mini's with 2 American's in tow and she got quite excited woohoo :D Its a pity we can't park all the cars outside the restaurant when we go for lunch :( Oh well never mind :approve:
Alan what do I need to do for this recce thing :p I know these roads really well but what kind of info will I need to supply for everybody :p:D:approve:Gordy, you can never supply enough information, however, i try and write it as a wee story, so, from the start, drive out of "meeting point" and turn whatever, drive past such and such, include points of interest, road names like A90 etc.
If you know the road really well then you won't have to recce it, it is handy though just in case roadworks or diversions crop up etc.
I've sent you my last run notes as an idea, also some people like to know how many miles for each leg of the journey.

I'm still keen to do a recce nearer the time, let me know when suits

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
10th November 2003, 07:25 PM
Gordy - you can download run notes from previous runs from the events pages.

Big Gordy
10th November 2003, 09:11 PM
I tried m3 but all I got was the reports :( The one with the route I couldn't get to come up :I Ewwwww Errrrrrrrr Misssisss :p:D:approve:

travelingmcmahans
10th November 2003, 09:17 PM
Don't forget to mention things for the Americans like - Castle on the left, standing stones on the right...
:)

Tahra
10th November 2003, 09:20 PM
[quote

I'm still keen to do a recce nearer the time, let me know when suits

Bonnie Scotland
[/quote]

BS + BG !! Let me know if you need any other ideas/ help on your recce ! Know a lot of fab wee roads in the area, but dont know numbers, its probably quicker showing them that trying to find them on maps !

Tahra
10th November 2003, 09:25 PM

Don't forget to mention things for the Americans like - Castle on the left, standing stones on the right...
:)

Nice Standing Stones at the Culross(?) roundabout, should be on the way from Kincardine

Big Gordy
10th November 2003, 09:32 PM
I've suggested the 22nd Nov. to BS for the recce Tahra but I could manage Sunday 23rd at a push and you are more than welcome to join us :D The more the merrier I say :approve::cool::p

Gismo
10th November 2003, 09:36 PM

I've suggested the 22nd Nov. to BS for the recce Tahra but I could manage Sunday 23rd at a push and you are more than welcome to join us :D The more the merrier I say :approve::cool::p
Replied to your e-mail Gordy, maybe you and Tahra could do the recce by yourselves and no :eek: i'm not trying to get out of it ;)

Bonnie Scotland

Willie M
10th November 2003, 09:46 PM

maybe you and Tahra could do the recce by yourselves and no :eek: i'm not trying to get out of it ;)
Aye right... ;):clown:

Tahra
10th November 2003, 10:00 PM
God is it nearly that time of the month already...!!! Sunday 23rd should be okay, we're away down south to see the Thin White Duke on the Thursday, and I was planning on seeing a friend but I think we should be coming up on the Sat night.... The following weekend is definately free and so is this weekend, if that Sunday's a bit awkward ?

Big Gordy
10th November 2003, 11:13 PM
I've looked at my work schedule and it looks like Sunday 23rd is a no-no :( Sorry. What about we book Sunday 30th as the recce day. How does that suit you Tahra/BS :p

Big Gordy
10th November 2003, 11:44 PM
quote:God is it nearly that time of the month already...!!!
'Warning, danger Will Robinson' - bit to much information there Tahra ;):clown: You gals don't need to tell us we usually know.....hehehehe:p:D:approve:

Tahra
11th November 2003, 12:05 AM
Cheeky - didnt mean it that way, how does your mind work Sir !!!:I:eek: It was more bl99dy hell its nearly the end of november, nearly dec, nearly Christmas, panic, panic where did the year go ???? 30th is fine with me.

Gismo
11th November 2003, 12:55 AM
Any spades required for digging holes with ;) Yep, at the moment the 30th is looking ok with me, providing i get to leave montrose about 10.30am, got a night out on the 29th

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
11th November 2003, 01:07 AM
I'm at my work so there's no way my mind should be working at all :D

Big Col
15th November 2003, 01:12 AM
Gordy...you've looked at your "work schedule"? Pfffff! Yeah...right! Like you HAVE a work schedule.

I may tag along on the 30th if you're cruisin' through to the Andrews of the Sainted variety.

Big Gordy
16th November 2003, 05:20 PM
Shhhhhhh Colin, they don't know I don't have a work schedule :I It's another way of saying Ishbel wants me to do something else so I canny get oot to play :p:D:approve:

Wul
19th November 2003, 09:53 PM
Right folks - sadly i am working on the 29th Dec so won't be making this run :(

seany
19th November 2003, 09:56 PM
hows all staying at the hol inn edinburgh

Tahra
24th November 2003, 11:45 PM
aaargh Gordy I think I may have double booked for the recce next weekend - my memory's definately getting shot the perils of advancing age or its the rays from these pc's frying my brain! Any plan of action yet ? I can maybe still do part of it depending on times and depending if the dates are actually clashing.........

Big Gordy
25th November 2003, 12:56 AM
I'd go with the PC ray's if I were you Tahra :p you're not THAT old afterall ;) I think BS and I are still on for this Sunday. It better be this Sunday as I've had my permission slip signed off by 'her indoors' :blackeye: No departure times as yet. I will have to wait and see when Alan can get down to 'ma hoose' on Sunday from Montrose. Big Col showed an interest in recceing this run as well but we will see. Let me know what your plans are and we can maybe scoop you up on the way there :p:D:approve:

Tahra
25th November 2003, 01:52 AM
Oh well if you've got the go ahead then you've gotta go !! I think the morning should be fine so it'll probably depend on if Alan wants a lie in and Ill need to see if my "clash" is going to materilise ! Did check out the standing stones in passing last week. Theyre at the roundabout for Culross, Dunfermline the Edinburgh side of Comrie ?? Make sense? They'll look better coming from Kincardine, otherwise its blink, you'll miss them and youre on the long straight bit to Kincardine bridge which is a bit boring. But you were thinking of more going north east from Kinkardine weren't you ??

Big Gordy
25th November 2003, 05:37 PM
Yeh Tahra the plan was to head up towards Knockhill but if we have time on the way back we could change the runs end from the Forth Road Bridge to the Kincardine Bridge. We shall see when BS and I recce this Sunday :p:D:approve:

Duncan Stewart
25th November 2003, 06:45 PM
Unfortunately Helen and I will not make this run now. We are having to work on the 29th - rats!

Big Gordy
25th November 2003, 08:01 PM
Here is the list so far - I think 8) If your not on it add your name
So far we have...........
2) Willie M & Linda M?
3) Julz & Rob
5) Big Gordy + Ishbel
6) John + ?
7) Big Col + ?
8) Low-n-loud + ?
9) weefossy + Sioban
10) Tahra + ?
11) Dana + Brian our guest's of honour
12) Seany
13) Una
14) Sh@z + 1 (his bro)
Using my basic arithmetic I make that 22 bodies. The Dolls Hoose is booked for 30 so there are still some spaces left :p:D:approve:

jward
26th November 2003, 09:44 PM
Hi! I reckon myself and my fiancee will be joining u guys on the run (You'll spot my mini cause it has a Northern Ireland plate!) Lisa may or may not bring her Indy Blue mini one, though my Indy Blue and white one will certianly be there!

I live in edinburgh now (since Sept.) so Im ok for accomodation :) Lisa's parents own a small hotel but sadly its fully booked... sorry guys, though u seem to be sorted!

Jules & Lisa

Big Gordy
26th November 2003, 09:52 PM
So we now have,
2) Willie M & Linda M?
3) Julz & Rob
5) Big Gordy + Ishbel
6) John + ?
7) Big Col + ?
8) Low-n-loud + ?
9) weefossy + Sioban
10) Tahra + ?
11) Dana + Brian (our USA guest's)
12) Seany
13) Una
14) Sh@z + 1 (his bro)
15) Jules & Lisa
That's us up to 24. Can some of you guys/gals with ? please confirm one way or the other soon please - thanks.

jward
26th November 2003, 10:05 PM
could you confirm the route? just to let me know how far from edinburgh the run will be? I`m now not sure which run would be most suitable, sunday or monday? sorry! I thought there was only the one

Jules

GAJ
26th November 2003, 10:10 PM
2) Willie M & Linda M?
3) Julz & Rob
4) Big Gordy + Ishbel
5) John + ?
6) Big Col + ?
7) Low-n-loud + ?
8) weefossy + Sioban
9) Tahra + ?
10) Dana + Brian (our USA guest's)
11) Seany
12) Una
13) Sh@z + 1 (his bro)
14) Jules & Lisa

Unfortunately Cheryl and I won't make it for this run after all. Sorry:(

Big Gordy
26th November 2003, 11:34 PM
That's OK Jules. Were back down to 22 :dead:
quote:could you confirm the route?
Planned route was:- Kincardine Bridge, Kinross,Cupar, St.Andrews, Crail, Anstruther, Elie, Leven, Kircaldy with the finish being the hotel on the south side of the Forth Bridge. That's the plan anyway :p:D:approve:

Big Col
27th November 2003, 01:10 AM
You know you could've asked me when I was talking to you today Big G! <tuts> Some people. :p

I'll be there with me Bro.

Willie M
27th November 2003, 01:17 AM
Ah's told you before Colin, ah ain't your Bro. When ya comes to see ma bi*ches n' ho's, it's strictly business.. right :mad: Now don't ya go disrespectin' me.
Yours,
Pimp Daddy Willie :kiss:

Big Gordy
27th November 2003, 01:19 AM
People so far are :-
2) Willie M & Linda M?
3) Julz & Rob
4) Big Gordy + Ishbel
5) John + ?
6) Big Col + his big(small)bro
7) Low-n-loud + ?
8) weefossy + Sioban
9) Tahra + ?
10) Dana + Brian (our colonial cousins)
11) Seany
12) Una
13) Sh@z + 1 (his bro)
14) Jules & Lisa
That makes 23.This is going up and down like the stock market :eek:

Big Gordy
27th November 2003, 09:00 PM
Tahra:)are you joining us for the recce on Sunday :question: BS is leaving Montrose at about 9am so should arrive at my house 11amish. So after a coffee and a biscuit we should be off. Do you want to join us somewhere along the way :) If so, where :question: Big Col will probable come along in his yella coop as well but he will confirm tomorrow :p:D:approve:

Tahra
28th November 2003, 02:19 AM
Hiya, should know tonight if and when, or Ill make sure I know so as to tell you tomorrow !!!
However almost did anothe mini recce for you last night since we were going Kdy, to St Andrews to Crail and back to B'Island - a long story ! Anyway the road from St A to Crail probably has the better view, it being along the coast for a fair bit and you do have a wee set of traffic lights after Kingsbarns. The road from St A to Anstruther is good and bumpy :approve:!! And was thinking, if you want to get some castles for Dana - dont know if you can swing by Kellie Castle on the way back from Anstruther ?? But after Leven, if you dont go the coastal route which isnt the nicest....you can go staight on at the next roundabout for Glenrothes/Markinch so you can get Balgonie castle, its right by the road then when you hit Kdy, go straight down St Clair Street ( the road form the top of the town going down past the ice rink) then you'll get Ravenscraig Castle at the bottom as you turn right and head towards the Esplanade !! All you need now is a view of Loch Leven and you'll be pretty castled out since we could pass St Andrews as well.........

Big Gordy
28th November 2003, 02:44 AM
Ehh...what...where...Erm yes I think I know what roads your on about Tahra but I think you will just have to make sure your available on Sunday just to make sure :evil: <mental note to have a look at those bl**dy maps again> Your right about the St.A to Ainster road :p its a cracker. Loads of lumps and bumps to keep you on your toes. I remember my dad, my brother and I careering along that road in the early 70's in our '69' mini cooper 's' - magic - I think I've been hooked on small fast cars ever since. <eyes go all misty> Aaaghhhhhh. :p:D:approve: (If you really want to scare the cr*p out of yourself try that road on a 1200 Laverda Jota motorcycle :eek:)

Tahra
28th November 2003, 05:27 PM
Its a cool road, J managed to land in a field off one of them ! Not his fault though, he was in a Robin Hood and someone going the other way couldnt see him for the hedgerow :p
Anyway it seems I wont really know about Sunday till then, my Mum - in- Law is maybe coming for a visit, I finally have wedding photos to give her ! But its kind of weather dependent and ironic that she'll be coming down from Anstruther. Anyway could probably meet you in Leven for the second half ?? Since Im sure you and BS will get sidetracked in St A for lunch;) then the second half should be in the afternoon ???

Tahra
28th November 2003, 05:28 PM
Hey finally made it to 100 posts - does that mean Im a supper now ???

Tahra
28th November 2003, 05:46 PM
John here: for the uninitiated, a 'Robin Hood' is a Robin Hood S7, a Westfield/Caterham 7 replica, which was/is based around a Dolomite Sprint 2.0 16V DOHC engine putting out around 135bhp into a car weighing a little more than a baked bean tin and with slightly worse aerodynamics. Great fun, very tail happy... we still have that car, somewhere. I think it's in the back of a trailer, hasn't been used in around 5 years though, and it was never quite the same after I had the bump (neither the car nor the driver felt quite the same about each other afterwards)...

John (pinching T's account as ever)

Big Gordy
29th November 2003, 12:55 AM
Tahra, I will be off-line email/forum wise until Monday now so if you decide to join us on Sunday can you get in touch with BS :p:D:approve:

Gismo
29th November 2003, 08:07 AM
If anyone wants to tag along for the recce, i'm meeting up at Big Gordy's hoose (can anyone tell me why he's called that ;)) at approx 11am

Bonnie Scotland

Gismo
29th November 2003, 08:14 PM
Ok peeps, many apologies, the recce has been cancelled due to a number of reasons.
Hoping to reschedule for the 14th dec.

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
29th November 2003, 08:48 PM
Ah you thought I wouldn't check didn't you :question: The 15th is a Monday you mean the 14th. They call me Big Gordy because I'm 5'2" and my names not Gordon :p:D:approve:

Tahra
30th November 2003, 04:57 AM
Thats grand cos things were geting a bit hectic for tomorrow - its also a wee bit wet out there. We've just come down from Perth, puddles big enough to constitute a car wash !!!

Big Gordy
2nd December 2003, 01:25 AM
Bummer :( Yesterday turned out rather a nice day. Ideal recce weather :mad: Ohh never mind I'm sure it will be lovely and sunny on the 14th. At least we have a fortnight to get everyone 'on board' and organised :p:D:approve:

travelingmcmahans
4th December 2003, 11:28 AM
just 24 days to go till we leave!

Big Gordy
9th December 2003, 08:32 PM
Double bummer :mad: Looks like 'the baw is up on the slates' for this Sunday's recce :blackeye: BS canny make it and the work have sent Big Col to Texas of all places :eek:
Can some of you 'Fifers' confirm stopping off places for me 8) My plan was to have the first stop at McDonalds (I think) just before we join the M90 at Kinross with a second stop at the car park that's on the left hand side on the way out of Cupar. Is the Cupar car park a good idea as I seem to remember the junction next to it has traffic light's 8) That's on the way to St.A. On the way out I planned just one stop on the sea front at Kircaldy. Bearing in mind it will be December and blinking cold I didn't want to hang about with too many stops. Any suggestions will be taken on board and then ignored :p:D:approve:

travelingmcmahans
10th December 2003, 02:42 AM
Anybody know what time we plan to leave on that morning? Do you like to leave early? I just need time for the big wonderful breakfast our B&B provides, and I'm ready to go!

Gismo
10th December 2003, 02:56 AM
Hmm, i'm scheduled to go offshore on the 19th, only a minor miracle will save me :(:dead:

Bonnie Scotland

travelingmcmahans
10th December 2003, 03:15 AM

Hmm, i'm scheduled to go offshore on the 19th, only a minor miracle will save me :(:dead:

Bonnie Scotland

Bad news!!! :(SO Sorry you won't make it. Hope all is still on though...
When will you be back?
(hoping for a minor miracle):)

Gismo
10th December 2003, 03:36 AM
Won't get back until the 30th

Bonnie Scotland

travelingmcmahans
10th December 2003, 09:35 AM
We'll still be in town ... let me know if you all want to meet up! We're there till early on the 2nd.

Julz
10th December 2003, 05:07 PM

Won't get back until the 30th

Bonnie Scotland

Just pray for bad weather offshore Alan, it held you back for long enough the last time!! AND, does Santa know where you'll be, and will it be safe for him to get down the chimney on a rig??:eek::D

seany
10th December 2003, 09:37 PM
so is this run still on or not?

Gismo
10th December 2003, 09:51 PM

so is this run still on or not?
This run is still on, Big Gordy has kindly taken over :):D
and i may get home on the 28th too :p

Bonnie Scotland

seany
10th December 2003, 10:13 PM
ok looking forwards to it julz are you still booked in the travel inn

Julz
10th December 2003, 10:43 PM

This run is still on, Big Gordy has kindly taken over :):D
and i may get home on the 28th too :p

Bonnie Scotland

YAAAAAYY!!:D:p

Big Gordy
10th December 2003, 11:28 PM
Is that 'YAAAAAYY!!' for me taking over the run or BS coming home on the 28th Julz :p:D:approve:

Julz
10th December 2003, 11:44 PM
To be on the safe side I'll say both!!:D

Tahra
11th December 2003, 12:06 AM
Was the Maccy D's you mentioned the one at Moto ?? Dont know my Kinross stops that well....... I can still manage this Sunday if you want ????

Julz
11th December 2003, 12:58 AM
Cheers for tidying my post Alan, you're very good at this house-keeping lark!!!:clown:

Big Gordy
11th December 2003, 01:39 AM
Hi Tahra ;) I'm not sure if we will need the stop at Kinross as everybody should be able to regroup on the short stretch of motorway right after you pass McD's. As for Sunday I still don't know whether I'm working or not :( But I will keep you posted and thanks for the offer 8). Yes everyone the run is still on it just might not be as well organised as the others you have been on :D <wonders - this could turn into a mystery tour>

seany
11th December 2003, 02:43 AM
dont worry gordy, a mini run is aways a mystery tour, looking forwards to it.

morrisminiminor
11th December 2003, 05:23 AM
Want a twisty road from Cupar to St. Andrews? Take the road to Pitscottie from Cupar then on to St.Andrews. Nice twisty bits and some long straights. Would be good to see all the MINIs driving past on the straights. Cannot make it myself. The 29th is the only day I am working frpm Christmas through to 5th Jan. What a bummer! Know the road well as one offspring still at Uni. Like something decent to eat instead of a McD? Dobbies garden centre has a very good eaterie next door to the motorway cafe. Kincardine to St.Andrews is a good twisty road in bits. Love driving it myself. Watch for cameras when entering 30MPH limit. These ones just tell you to slow down but gave me a fright the first time I saw it. Good meal in StA? Ziggys 1st on left after pelican crossing as you drive along North Street. Canny go anywhere withoot finding good food.
morrisminiminor

Big Gordy
11th December 2003, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the imput morrisminiminor :) Were booked into the Doll House for lunch but thanks for the suggestion anyway :p:D:approve:

frizzie__kizzie
11th December 2003, 06:33 PM
Do I get to come this time?

:clown::kiss::I

knaone
11th December 2003, 07:08 PM
She is gonna start following all your movements Gordy :p

travelingmcmahans
11th December 2003, 09:29 PM
Who do we ride with if Bonnie Scotland doesn't get to make it? (I get car sick in the back seat...)

Big Gordy
11th December 2003, 10:09 PM
Seeing as your staying in Edinburgh Dana I'm sure one of the East coast bunch will squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze you in someones mini :p:D:approve:

Linda M
12th December 2003, 05:27 AM
Well folks, I'm afraid due to festive family commitments (paying back my folks for doggy sitting on the Sunday) we aint gonna make this run :(

Good luck with it anyway and hopefully we'll see most of you on the Festive Run :cool:

broken_brian
12th December 2003, 06:02 AM
i will be coming along for this one as well will brob be with l n l1 just so that he can regain some SOME of his sanity after being in my car :D

Big Gordy
12th December 2003, 05:17 PM
Right here's who I have down so far
1) Bonnie Scotland + Me Julie (if he's back from work)
2) Julz & Rob
3) Big Gordy + Ishbel
4) John + ?
5) Big Col + his big(small)bro
6) Low-n-loud + broken-brian
7) weefossy + Sioban
8) Tahra + ?
9) Dana + Brian (our colonial cousins)
10) Seany
11) Una
12) Sh@z + 1 (his bro)
13) Jules & Lisa
Is this correct :question: Please add your name if it's not there. I'd like to try and firm up numbers by the end of next week OK :p:D:approve:

Tahra
13th December 2003, 01:20 AM
J's just told me that he's got loads of leave left (lucky b699er) so it'll be me and him instead of me and ? Im afraid I cant make a recce this Sunday though unless its in the morning - to early afternoon. But like someone said a mystery tour makes it more exciting !!!

Burple
13th December 2003, 10:24 AM
quote: I'd like to try and firm up numbers by the end of next week OK :p:D:approve:

Tee hee... snigger snigger...
He said "Firm Up"..... snigger...:I:I

Yeah yeah... I know... <moves tothe front of the class>....hmph...;):D

Davidson2
13th December 2003, 10:35 AM
Hey Guys, Just trying to catch up... Scimmed through the last 12 pages... Have no idea where your going, but I Love St Andrews (mentioned a couple of times) and I thought... Why be self Employed, if I canny take an extra day off? So please count me and A.Mini Other in, tell us where to meet and we will just follow the Mini in front:D

Big Gordy
14th December 2003, 05:44 PM
So far we have :-

1) Bonnie Scotland + Me Julie (if he's back from work)
2) Julz & Rob
3) Big Gordy + Ishbel
4) John + ?
7) weefossy + Sioban
8) Tahra + J
10) Seany
11) Una
12) Sh@z + 1 (his bro)
13) Jules & Lisa
14) Davidson2 + A.Mini Other

That makes 26 bodies so far. Any other takers :) The Dolls Hoose is booked for 30 so there are still 4 seats available :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
14th December 2003, 05:50 PM
To save everyone trawling though all the page's here's the proposed 'mystery tour' route.

quote:Right here's what I was thinking. We start at Kincardine bridge then head up the A977 past Knockhill and onto the M90 at Kinross. Come off the M90 onto the A91 through Cuper and on to St.Andrew's. If we head off at 10am we should get to St.A just before lunch. I thought we could park in the carpark that is down at the beach by the golf coarse. After lunch we could head out around the coast via the A917 which takes in Crail, Anstruther, Pittenweem, St.Monans, Elie and onto Leven where we would join the A955 through Kirkcaldy onto the A921 through Burntisland and onto the A90 at the Forth road bridge. We could finish at the hotel on the other side of the bridge and everyone head home from there.
:p:D:approve:

weefossy
16th December 2003, 08:16 AM
Route sounds good to me. Sioban is having to work so I will bring one or both of the kids. Suppose at 18 and 20 they are not really kids!! If the numbers for the "Dolls House" are tight, one of them can starve. Looking forward to the run.

Willie M
16th December 2003, 04:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

If the numbers for the "Dolls House" are tight, one of them can starve.
LOL :D Nice one Malcolm. I see you haven't lost your parenting skills as the kids have matured ;):D

Big Gordy
16th December 2003, 05:13 PM
I don't think starving one of them will be quite necessary Malc :D I just want to confirm this week how many are actually going to make it to the Dolls Hoose for lunch thats all. The numbers are not cast in stone yet :p:D:approve:

Linda M
16th December 2003, 08:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Route sounds good to me. Sioban is having to work so I will bring one or both of the kids. Suppose at 18 and 20 they are not really kids!! If the numbers for the "Dolls House" are tight, one of them can starve. Looking forward to the run.
HMMMMM, Malc 'without' Sioban.....I don't know if that's a good idea ;)

Julz
16th December 2003, 10:29 PM
I agree Linda, it's like Billy without the Connelly!!;):D

Big Col
17th December 2003, 04:53 PM
Hey G. I just saw the Big (wee) bro thing in the run list. he he he. I'll have to forward that to him. :D

travelingmcmahans
18th December 2003, 09:52 AM
Am I still invited? I don't have a MINI anymore.:blackeye::dead::disapprove:
full story is here:http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47171&page=2I'm so, so sad. I hope it doesn't make me cry to ride in all your wonderful Scottish Minis when my beloved MINI is gone.:mad:

Big Gordy
18th December 2003, 05:24 PM
Oh I suppose so :) you're going to be here anyway. Just joking :D We won't hold the fact that you don't have a Mini anymore against you :p:D:approve:

travelingmcmahans
19th December 2003, 09:19 PM
:D:) 8 more days till we leave!!! :I:p

Big Gordy
23rd December 2003, 07:37 PM
OK you lot :evil: Where do I get the master of those nifty route planner sheets that Willie and Linda are using for the festive run :question: I know I said its going to be a mystery run but I dont want it to be a 'completely lost' run, know what I mean ;) :p:D:approve:

travelingmcmahans
23rd December 2003, 10:30 PM
Here is my cell phone number for our rental phone while we are there:
7817 013 329
We'll be on British soil as of about 8am Sunday. I guess it works on the train from London ...?

travelingmcmahans
23rd December 2003, 10:31 PM

To save everyone trawling though all the page's here's the proposed 'mystery tour' route.

quote:Right here's what I was thinking. We start at Kincardine bridge then head up the A977 past Knockhill and onto the M90 at Kinross. Come off the M90 onto the A91 through Cuper and on to St.Andrew's. If we head off at 10am we should get to St.A just before lunch. I thought we could park in the carpark that is down at the beach by the golf coarse. After lunch we could head out around the coast via the A917 which takes in Crail, Anstruther, Pittenweem, St.Monans, Elie and onto Leven where we would join the A955 through Kirkcaldy onto the A921 through Burntisland and onto the A90 at the Forth road bridge. We could finish at the hotel on the other side of the bridge and everyone head home from there.

Will there be time for the gawking American tourists to see the cathedral and castle?? :I please? I promise I'll look quickly!:)

Big Gordy
23rd December 2003, 11:56 PM
I don't see why not :) They are only 10mins walk from where we are having lunch :p:D:approve:
I finish at work today so if you need info don't email me at my usual address. You can get me on Maxxed Ross email instead. :p:D:approve:

Gismo
24th December 2003, 12:14 AM

Here is my cell phone number for our rental phone while we are there:
7817 013 329
I reckon that we'll have to add the 0 when dialling that number Dana, normal phones you drop the 0 but not for mobiles, crazy innit :evil:

Oh and by the way, i will be attending this run after all :) apologies to those who thought i wasn't coming :evil:
Does anyone have a telephone number for the Banns restaurant so that i can book it for the sunday night???????
Anyone else want to join us see this thread http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?whichpage=2&TOPIC_ID=838#8956

Bonnie Scotland

Willie M
24th December 2003, 07:35 AM

OK you lot :evil: Where do I get the master of those nifty route planner sheets that Willie and Linda are using for the festive run :question:
I'm afraid the jazzy route sheets were courtesy of Monsta MM Gordy. I normally just put together a wee Word doc. Calum's been good enough to sex up the dossiers (so to speak) for me in the past but, as he's off his work now I don't think he'll be able to help you.

Best of luck on the day, just sorry we cannae make it for this one :(

travelingmcmahans
24th December 2003, 12:00 PM

Oh and by the way, i will be attending this run after all :) apologies to those who thought i wasn't coming :evil:Bonnie Scotland

so glad the original organizer will be there:D Now, how bout do I get to drive? Slowly in a parking lot with no cars or objects nearby of course;)

Gismo
24th December 2003, 07:35 PM
so glad the original organizer will be there:D Now, how bout do I get to drive? Slowly in a parking lot with no cars or objects nearby of course;)It's taken me weeks of scheming to rope other people in so that i looked as if i organised the run and yet did nothing ;)
As for a test drive, well, i've read what you do to MINI's :eek: but, of course you can, providing it's in first gear, in a straight line, in a large car park, with no one else near :eek: Hey no worries, i'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities

Bonnie Scotland

Tahra
24th December 2003, 07:42 PM
Banns' number if you dont have it, is 556 5888, not to be confused with Bann's Uk if you have an old phone book. Was there again just last week - recommend the haggis !!!

Gismo
24th December 2003, 07:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tahra

Banns' number if you dont have it, is 556 5888, not to be confused with Bann's Uk if you have an old phone book. Was there again just last week - recommend the haggis !!!
Cheers Tahra, at least i got the right place, there is a couple of places left if you fancy joining us on the sunday night :p

Bonnie Scotland

seany
24th December 2003, 07:49 PM
that's what i will be going for the haggis

Tahra
24th December 2003, 08:56 PM
mmmm very tempting actually, Ill mention it to J when I get home. Cheek of it Christmas eve and Im still getting express jobs even if it is for a posh sunday paper !

travelingmcmahans
24th December 2003, 10:28 PM
As for a test drive, well, i've read what you do to MINI's :eek: but, of course you can, providing it's in first gear, in a straight line, in a large car park, with no one else near :eek: Hey no worries, i'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities

Bonnie Scotland

You evidently don't know how fast I can go in 1st gear!:evil:;)

macblob
24th December 2003, 11:08 PM
Not very Bonnies car is a tad slow , prolly only manage 5mph in 1st bahahhahahaha:p

Gismo
25th December 2003, 10:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tahra

mmmm very tempting actually, Ill mention it to J when I get home. Cheek of it Christmas eve and Im still getting express jobs even if it is for a posh sunday paper !Tahra, the slots are now full, unless you phone and add an extra 2 seats, it's booked in the name of mercer, fingers crossed, more the merrier :cool:

Bonnie Scotland

zimbo
26th December 2003, 02:34 AM
Alan is there still any space available for me too? :eek:;)

:D:D:D

zimbo
26th December 2003, 02:37 AM
Ooops hang on a second I just saw your post to Tahra, about seating. Its ok dont worry bout it. Hope you all have a great run, hope our visitors from across the BIG pond have a brilliant day.... :D

Gismo
26th December 2003, 06:05 AM
Zimbo, your more than welcome :D just phone 0131 556 5888 and add the amount of names you need to my booking, it's in the name of mercer for 10 at 7.30pm at the moment, they didn't seem too busy at that time, let me know if you add your names

Bonnie Scotland

Gismo
26th December 2003, 08:10 AM
Is this the final list??????

2) Julz & Rob
3) Big Gordy + Ishbel
4) John + ?
7) weefossy + Sioban
8) Tahra + ?
10) Seany
11) Una
12) Sh@z + Waka (daredevil navigator ;))
13) Jules & Lisa

Burple
27th December 2003, 04:11 AM
Woops.... just to clarify this all... the Meal is on the SUNDAY night at Banns... NOT on the MONDAY run after this run...

Nearly had me confuzzled there!!!

Big Gordy
27th December 2003, 07:58 AM
Hey guys :mad: shouldn't this all be on another thread.......
I've made a route sheet for Monday's run :D email me at mad maxxers address if you want a copy ;)

weefossy
27th December 2003, 08:29 AM
Have i been drinking too much:D, cause I'm confused. Neil, Claire and I will be eating at "The doll's House" on the Monday, But Sioban and i can't make Banns on the Sunday night. we still have the Inlaws and Outlaws staying with us...:(:disapprove::mad::blackeye:
Does that make sense, BG + BS ??

Gismo
27th December 2003, 07:04 PM
Sorry for any confusion folks :I
This is the list for the run:-
2) Julz & Rob
3) Big Gordy + Ishbel
4) John + ?
7) weefossy + Sioban
8) Tahra + ?
10) Seany
11) Una
12) Sh@z + Waka (daredevil navigator )
13) Jules & Lisa

Anyone can still join the run :)

And this is the list for the Sunday night meal:-
2) Julz + Rob
3) Seany + Una
4) Dana + Brian
5) Sh@z + Waka

I only booked 10 spaces, if anyone wants to join us then you will have to phone the restaurant to increase the numbers

Bonnie Scotland

Gismo
27th December 2003, 07:17 PM
I don't know where the Kincardine Bridge is :I for the start of this run (yet) and am not sure if my route from the Holiday Inn (just off queensferry road) to the bridge will go past Dana and Brian's lodgings at 12 Marchall Rd, EH16 5HR or not.

But, it would be nice if someone or more could help in picking them up to take them to the start where we could find seats for them, if anybody who knows the area well could tell me or if anyone would volunteer that would be great :)

Bonnie Scotland

Julz
27th December 2003, 09:00 PM
And I'm following Alan so that's two of us lost already!!;):D

P.s, BG, can you put a link to your current email address as my swirly hung over eyes cannot find it:dead:;):clown:

seany
28th December 2003, 01:47 AM
we are all following Alan, so he is to blame if we get lost.

Big Gordy
28th December 2003, 01:54 AM
Hi folks :D You will find me at madmaxxer@hotmail.com (I think :I)
I'll email the drivers going on the run the route. :p:D:approve:

seany
28th December 2003, 02:13 AM
Big Gordy, can you email a copy please, seanpadden@supanet.com

Julz
28th December 2003, 04:20 AM
I'll email the drivers going on the run the route. :p:D:approve:

Cheers!!;)

Tahra
28th December 2003, 08:47 AM
Ill away and check my emial then Gordy.........Nah you missed me ! My address is Marajade69@lycos.co.uk or are we still meeting at Bathe ? That was a while back that was mentioned. Thanks for the invite to Banns Alan, I did get home from work eventually but forgot to mention it to J till yesterday so I think we'll have one night off from a mega-meal and try and create some space for lunch at the Doll's Hoose ! Where did I put the jeans with the comfy waistband.......

sh@z
28th December 2003, 10:31 AM
shaz.q@blueyonder.co.uk

dont forget me me me me me :p

seany
28th December 2003, 01:47 PM
col can you bring some copys with you

jward
28th December 2003, 11:12 PM
What time are we all to meet at the bridge? couldnt see any times mentioned on previous threads :) Could be blind though ;)

Jules

Burple
29th December 2003, 06:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by jward

What time are we all to meet at the bridge? couldnt see any times mentioned on previous threads :) Could be blind though ;)

Jules

10:15 for a 10:30 start!!!

Another early one... bette not go to the pub tionight I suppose... ;)

Maxxed Ross
29th December 2003, 07:01 AM
10.30 early!!:evil:

I'm getting shipped off to my grans at 10.00 so you lot can go and play without me...booo!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:

Linda M
29th December 2003, 07:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Another early one... bette not go to the pub tionight I suppose... ;)
AYE RIGHT :evil::D:clown:

Gismo
30th December 2003, 01:19 AM
Congrats to Big Gordy for taking over the entire run, given the weather the roads were in great condition, the food was very tasty, yum yum :p
I'm sure Dana and Brian enjoyed themselves as part of their holiday.
Apologies for leaving you at St Andrews......

Bonnie Scotland

Big Col
30th December 2003, 02:50 AM
Yeah well done Big G. Food was excellent. I apologise too for legging it early. Still never got to see your stereo BS. I shot off (oo er) too quick to get the pics taken. I'll get you next time Gadget.

weefossy
30th December 2003, 05:05 AM
Well done "Big Gordy" for a super run. I'm sure Dana & Brian were "well impressed". Claire saw bits of St Andrews for the first time... and she's a student there! When Neil started asking what I thought the trade-in value of his Corsa was, I started to go very quiet.:(:dead: They both send their thanks to everyone for making them feel so welcome.

Maxxed Ross
30th December 2003, 05:32 AM
Good to hear you all had a good time. I'll get the pics off some time tonight, or at latest tomorrow.

(I'm still in a huff though :disapprove::disapprove::disapprove::disapprove:)

macblob
31st December 2003, 12:07 AM
Anyone got any pics from this run.

I was stuck in work!!!:disapprove:

Big Col
31st December 2003, 12:27 AM
There should be loads of pics appearing soon Macblob. LnL and Broken Brian took a few, as did Big Gordy (Hopefully Ross will help him post them). We also almost had to take royalties out on some other people that took pics as the cars where lined up. :D

jward
31st December 2003, 01:00 AM
Lisa and I had a great day, Brian and Dana got a lift back with us to edinburgh - we ended up having a couple of drinks with them. They also had a great time and wish they could come back soon!

You all made both of us feel very welcome and we cant wait for the next run! Lisa now wants to do up her One! (see what you've done!!!) I must say I was very envious of everyones cars! They did look superb!!!!

Maybe I'll get a run in Alans 'S' some time .... (i wish!)

Thanks again,
Jules

Big Col
31st December 2003, 01:21 AM
You've got no chance Jules. I never even got to see his stereo. :(

Gismo
31st December 2003, 01:45 AM
Jules,
Many thanks for running Dana & Brian back into Edinboro :) I was really stuck for time :eek:
Of course you are more than welcome to have a run in my car.

Big Col, maybe if you had turned up at the Kinkcardine Bridge on time you would have had at least half an hour to see/hear the ICE :evil:;):p:blackeye:

Bonnie Scotland

Big Col
31st December 2003, 03:06 AM
<grumbles> Coulda swore we were supposed to meet at Stirling Services...

broken_brian
31st December 2003, 03:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by macblob

Anyone got any pics from this run.

I was stuck in work!!!:disapprove:

i if u want pics go to my mini2 gallery just finished uploading them :D:D

www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/gallery_13734.html

Big Col
31st December 2003, 05:06 AM
Escellent pics Brian. Glad I washed me lil motor. He looks all yellow and shiny in the pics.

Tahra
31st December 2003, 08:50 PM
Cheers Gordy - so Im so tardy with this as usual, but back to skivving at work today..... Anyway sorry we left a bit early too, the cold was definately getting to me or perhaps it was alcohol induced. Anyways we went back the Largo road and admired the sunset ! Will try and get some photos up soon. Everyone have a great New Year !

Maxxed Ross
1st January 2004, 01:56 AM
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img1442_31122003161640_1.jpg

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img1442_31122003161640_2.jpg

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img1442_31122003161640_3.jpg

Big Col
1st January 2004, 02:12 AM
Nice one. Cheers Ross.

Big Gordy
5th January 2004, 07:51 PM
Did everyone make it back home safely :) I was a bit worried as the only car I could see after St.Monans was weefossy :I The sunset on the way home was superb :D I'm back at work now so normal internet service has resumed :p:D:approve:

Burple
5th January 2004, 08:22 PM

Did everyone make it back home safely :) I was a bit worried as the only car I could see after St.Monans was weefossy :I The sunset on the way home was superb :D I'm back at work now so normal internet service has resumed :p:D:approve:

Yeah, we did.. Cheers for taking us on the rest of the run by the way... these roads are fun!!
We (myself, Brian and Zimbo) turned off at St Monans and headed back up to Dundee via some nice wee roads up to Dairsie and stuff.. apart from getting stuck behind a tractor then Zimbo getting stuck behind a Tesco Lorry (tee hee! :p) it was a fun wee jaunt!!
Then straight to Dominos Pizza when we got back!! Mmmmmmmmm... texas Barbeque Pizza.... <drool>....
And the gig was pretty damn fine at night too! :D:D:D
I think we saw possibly the worlds tallest woman there too!! she must have been close on 7" tall!! in FLAT shoes!!! :eek::eek: <ulp!>...:I;)

Big Col
5th January 2004, 09:21 PM
The thing is it's really hard to judge how tall people are when you're looking up from such a low height lnl. ;):p:clown:

weefossy
5th January 2004, 10:27 PM
Big Gordy, yes that was me trying to keep up!! Neil got some good video of you "heading off" into the setting sun. I would love to try and transfer one part of it to a "still photo", but I am still a novice. I have manage to download the video onto the computer (mpeg) but I haven't worked out how to extract a still image from it, into jpeg. Anyone any ideas??? I am using Roxio v 6.0
I will try and edit the video of both the xmas runs and pass it to MMM, but I don't know how long it will take. Could be by next Xmas!!

travelingmcmahans
6th January 2004, 10:50 PM
Well, we're home. I can't thank everyone enough for the wonderful time we had. We enjoyed ourselves so much! It was so cool to see all your MINIs, to have "a lift" in some of them, and to see so much of the beautiful country.
Lunch was delicious, St Andrews was amazing, and everyone we met was great!:)
I'll post pics online soon. Thanks again to everyone!!:D

Big Gordy
6th January 2004, 11:05 PM
Glad you and Brian enjoyed yourselves and made it back home safely. Pity about the weather on Wednesday night puting a dampener on things :( Just let us know if your ever planning on coming back. It was nice meeting you both.:p:D:approve:

Burple
7th January 2004, 08:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

The thing is it's really hard to judge how tall people are when you're looking up from such a low height lnl. ;):p:clown:

Growl.....

<mutters something about ankles and kneecaps and slinks off to the shed> :evil::evil:;);):D

but really... she was Sooooooooo tall.. my head was just about level with....erm... never mind... she was tall ok??? ;);):D:cool:

travelingmcmahans
8th January 2004, 02:54 AM
Here's loads of photos ... you may have to dig for the MINI ones :)http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=9eeax07b.7vjt6ymf&x=0&y=pma1g0