PDA

View Full Version : New MINI Scotland - Social Meets

Willie M
11th March 2003, 09:36 PM
Continuing on from a thread John (Zoooooom) started on MINI2 a good wee while back, I thought it might be good to air this subject here.

As most of the folks around here will know we've had a few social meets of late (Perth, Montrose, Aberdeen) giving everyone a chance to meet and get to know their MINI counterparts :cool: Also gives us all a chance to see the latest 'modifications' on Bonnie Scotland's car :) visit different places and get a good feed as well ;)

Personally I really enjoy the 'socials', gives me a focus whilst waiting on the next MINI run :D

We've bounced a few ideas around over the months as to whether we should look at regular (i.e. monthly) social meets and, given the distances involved at times, should we look to having regional events?

Throwing the topic open to the floor. It'd be good to hear your thoughts folks. Also, if any of you would like to organise your own wee social meet don't be afraid to speak up :)If there's food in the offing you can be sure at least one of our number will be there ;)

Monsta Mo Mini
11th March 2003, 09:50 PM
Me thinks regional meets would be good. Central, Dundee & Aberdeen would be a good way of breaking it up.

Gismo
12th March 2003, 02:15 AM
I agree, i look forward to the social events as much as the runs themselves.
Thanks to Willie again for highlighting my love of food, as long as its on offer i will take it.

So, i would welcome a once monthly meet, as long as its only once a month ;) every month, 12 times a year.

Step right up folks and get it organised.

Bonnie Scotland, (burp)

Willie M
12th March 2003, 04:46 PM
Okay, that's a reply from Central Edinburgh and somewhere in the North Sea ;) Still looking for more of your thoughts and comments folks :question:

Julz
14th March 2003, 04:26 AM
I'm pretty central for most places, but who cares where they are anyway, it's a good excuse for a drive!!:cool::D:I

scott shand
18th March 2003, 06:03 AM
have to agree any excuse......................

Gismo
20th March 2003, 06:17 PM
No takers for organising the next social meet then :question:

Scott mentioned that a Carnoustie visit would be good, so, here is the gauntlet, come on Scott, what's the date ;):evil:

Bonnie Scotland

minidriver#1
20th March 2003, 07:30 PM
Carnoustie would be cool like :)

Linda M
20th March 2003, 09:51 PM
I was thinking that maybe the next social meet should be down here somewhere, just to give the Edinburgh and Glasgow folk more of a chance to meet us all. Just my thoughts.

Monsta Mo Mini
20th March 2003, 09:56 PM
What about Stirling?

john
20th March 2003, 10:34 PM
Go on Linda you know you want to:)

Linda M
21st March 2003, 01:08 AM
OK, I knew that would happen :clown: I'll get my thinking MINI cap on :D

Gismo
21st March 2003, 04:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

Go on Linda you know you want to:)
So, when and when, come on come on, times flying by, what still no decision :p:clown:

It's not as if you have much to do thru the day, bit of hoovering, dusting, cleaning then out for a meal at night, ah the life :evil:

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
21st March 2003, 08:43 PM
It would be a heck of a lot easier if I could find a suitable date :( There's too much MINI stuff going on the next few weekends THEN it's Easter weekend THEN 2 people are going to Ireland THEN Calum is going on holiday SO find me a date :mad: OH and someone's going off golfing !!!!!

minidriver#1
21st March 2003, 09:59 PM
do a poll with multiple choices and get everyone to vote on a suitable date. Make it possible to choose multiple dates, then arrange it for the most popular voted day :) thts what i do on my forum :P

Willie M
22nd March 2003, 08:21 AM
:D Why don't we hold it when Bonnie Scotland's offshore? :D
Only kidding Alan, how does the saying go?... 'there's no show without Punch' :clown:

scott shand
25th March 2003, 03:59 AM
hi all, sorry for the late response but have been mega busy at work any how stirling would be good for the next meet, and the organisation and date setting for the next meet poss at carnoistie could be done as i would need a good few weeks notice for the hotel, its getting in to our busy season again...

so lets get some dates set for the next meet how about may 4th, or any sunday in may, the reason i say may is cause there is a meet on the 6th of april which i cant attend.

Linda M
25th March 2003, 07:06 AM
I'm hoping to tie in the next social meet with the MINI Cooper challenge at Knockhill. After a few discussions over the weekend April and May is looking pretty busy. I know that quite a few folk were thinking about going to Knockhill. The plan would be to meet at the Gartwhinzean Hotel (festive run) in Powmill at about 11am for bacon rolls and tea/coffee then a convoy onto Knockhill.

duncan
25th March 2003, 09:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

I'm hoping to tie in the next social meet with the MINI Cooper challenge at Knockhill.

Do the Ones get too, or do we have to sneak in under the fence?;)

Linda M
27th March 2003, 12:43 AM
Here we go again :mad: Just heard that the first Cooper round has been changed to the 13th April but I need to get that confirmed !

john
27th March 2003, 01:05 AM
I have heard that if anyone turns up to knockhill for any of the rounds of the mini championship in a mini (old or new) then they will get two for the price of one entry.

I will try to find out more about it at the Press day:)

Linda M
27th March 2003, 09:45 PM
John, I'm in contact with Knockhill about this and a parking section for us all.

john
28th March 2003, 12:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

John, I'm in contact with Knockhill about this and a parking section for us all.

So why are you not at Knockhill today then:question:

Willie M
28th March 2003, 05:22 PM
?? Confused ??
Was it the press day John? Does anyone know for certain yet as to whether they have moved the 1st round to the 13th April?

Linda M
29th March 2003, 12:15 AM
John, I think that you maybe have more contacts for this idea than me, maybe it would be better for you to put something together for an outing to the Cooper challenge. I'm going to give up on this one as the dates aren't looking too good for me at the moment.

Fontal
31st March 2003, 01:42 AM
The bonus is comming soon :D:D:D so im looking at comming down to get the car chipped around the end of April begining of May but I will hold of to see if there is going to be a meet on the go around then and I will co-inside my trip down with that:):D.

Cheers Richard

Fontal
5th April 2003, 05:52 PM
IM LOADED :p:p
Sorry the bonus came through yesterday, just a bit overexcited:clown:

I know its a bit early but is there any meets set up for early may so I can come down and get the car chipped and finnaly meet everyone (and some of you again)
Hope to hear soon Richard

Willie M
5th April 2003, 06:51 PM
We're going to talk to everyone on Sunday and try and agree the most suitable date for the proposed 'Perthshire Run'.

Even if that one doesn't work out for you Richard I'm sure we could try and organise a wee social (meal at a pub?) when you're over :)

Where are you travelling to, to get your MINI chipped?

Fontal
5th April 2003, 06:57 PM
Not to sure yet either Aberdeen or Forfar Ive still to get that finalised.
MMMMMmmmmmmmm Fooooood sure does sound good, so is there much on this weekend a wee run out in Stouffer perhaps?

Cheers Richard

Gismo
5th April 2003, 08:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fontal

Not to sure yet either Aberdeen or Forfar Ive still to get that finalised.
MMMMMmmmmmmmm Fooooood sure does sound good, so is there much on this weekend a wee run out in Stouffer perhaps?

Cheers Richard
Fontal, this sunday is the borders spring run, pity you couldn't of made it.
As Linda says, although there might not be a meet we could arrange something, if you are in and around Forfar then you are close to me. I'm sure we could get something sorted.

Bonnie Scotland

Fontal
10th April 2003, 01:41 AM
I am going to get the car chipped in Aberdeen :D so I can wait untill you set a date for the Perth run then I'll orginise to get down for that weekend:D:p:D

Richard

Linda M
10th April 2003, 03:09 AM
A new thread for this run will be announced next week Fontal :D

c_hill_21
5th July 2003, 05:18 AM
Is there any runs getting planned for the Glasgow/edinburgh area? thanks