PDA

View Full Version : Hello from across the Pond

travelingmcmahans
27th October 2003, 12:26 AM
Hi! I have been talking to Alan (Bonnie Scotland from Mini2) on Mini2, and he suggested I stop by here. My husband and I are coming to Edinburgh for Hogmanay :D and will be in Scotland for a few days. We have been once before, and loved it. We can't wait to come back.
We live in Kentucky, "The Bluegrass State" and have a British Racing Green Mini Cooper S. He turned one year old yesterday.
I work in Tourism, mainly doing things like writing articles, press releases, and designing brochures and newsletters, as well as some website work and other misc. My husband works on our business which is advertising. We have been married 6 years, love to travel and have no kids. Unless you count my baby Dudley, the Mini.
Alan has been working on getting a Run together for our trip over, and I'm so excited! Can't wait to come over to Scotland and meet some of you all!
Dana

Gismo
27th October 2003, 12:54 AM
Hi, well i guess i should be the first to welcome you to NMS, a lot of our members are on the 2nd day of the Glen Coe run (as detailed in the meetings forum) but i'm sure you'll be warmly welcomed.
If you trawl thru the site you'll see my attempts to get something organised for the monday or tuesday of your stay.

Fingers crossed and keep in touch

Bonnie Scotland

seany
27th October 2003, 02:25 AM
welcome to NMS.

Willie M
27th October 2003, 04:26 AM
Welcome to NMS Dana, Hubby and Dudley :cool:
Looks like you may just miss out on a Scottish MINI event the day you arrive :( Never fear though, I'm sure Alans' attempts at arranging a little get-together for the Monday or Tuesday will be a success ;):)

Enjoy your trip to Scotland. I've got a funny feeling we might just meet up with you at some point :cool:

Monsta Mo Mini
27th October 2003, 06:41 AM
Hi Dana - welcome to NMS

It's Calum here - I seem to remeber being in touch with you about a year ago when you first started planning the trip. I'm in edinburgh so I'm sure we'll meet at some point.

john
27th October 2003, 06:29 PM
Welcome,and dont be affraid,we are not all like Alan in fact some of us are even sane:D

zimbo
28th October 2003, 08:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

Welcome,and dont be affraid,we are not all like Alan in fact some of us are even sane:D

More like INsane..... :D

Dana and Co welcome to NMS, you are guaranteed to get a very warm welcome from us lot once you arrive on our shores... :)

Gismo
28th October 2003, 08:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

Welcome,and dont be affraid,we are not all like Alan in fact some of us are even sane:DAhem :I, this was my chance to start afresh :), make a name for myself ;), show i had conquered my fear of american people 8), i was just getting to grips with it and now this :blackeye:, i'm back to square one again :eek:, when will it ever end :dead:

Bonnie Scotland

travelingmcmahans
28th October 2003, 09:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Hi Dana - welcome to NMS

It's Calum here - I seem to remeber being in touch with you about a year ago when you first started planning the trip. I'm in edinburgh so I'm sure we'll meet at some point.

Yes, I remember you Calum... I've been wanting to come to Hogmanay for a LONG time!:D