PDA

View Full Version : How far for a MINI???

AeroJonny
6th February 2006, 08:31 PM
Typical random me, I was just wondering how far people have gone to get that right MINI for them. I went down to Surrey for mine and it was well worth it.:D:D:D:cool::p:p:p

So...who's gone the farthest?:question:

I know minime, shouldae just nipped up to Stirling, sorry!:I

Fontal
6th February 2006, 09:25 PM
I went 280 mile over night on a ferry and then from Aberdeen to Inverness (100 miles?)so nearly 400 miles for me.

Gismo
6th February 2006, 09:26 PM
Not quite went a long way to get my Mini, but, went to Uxbridge for the Hartge conversion for my old S, approx 1100 miles roundtrip

bpirie1000
6th February 2006, 09:45 PM
I travelled to Milton Keynes For my First One.....

Flew then drove 9 hours back up the road(Back roads of Course)

that was a laugh

Craig
6th February 2006, 10:22 PM
I went to Bournemouth for my wee classic (Dougal). It was certainly a mini adventure.... He made it back all the way without breaking down :eek::eek::D:approve:

Burple
6th February 2006, 11:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

I went to Bournemouth for my wee classic (Dougal). It was certainly a mini adventure.... He made it back all the way without breaking down :eek::eek::D:approve:

Of course he did! :D

My Classic Cooper used to make almost weekly trips down that way for shows when I had him! :D:D

2 London to Brightons,
5 trips to Castle Combe's Miniworld Action Day (And trips on the track each time! :D)
3 or 4 times to Sunderland for MiniMania
Mini in the Park at least twice...
not to mention all the runs up this neck of te woods! :D:D

..and not a splutter from him! (plenty of Emergency oil tho.. just in case! ;)

indigomatt
7th February 2006, 05:21 PM
Nearly got mine down in Canterbury (Kent) 440'ish miles :p sent ma parents to take a look :D but it had been sold the day before :dead:...

N12 JLK
8th February 2006, 04:14 AM
Stirling (Menzies) old pa broon has cursed me , seem to get a calling in my head every 2-3 years just small whispers 'Jason Jason feel the force dont deny yourself let it flow through you the Cooper T awaits ' . God knows I'll be homeless if I trade in the Cooper next year.

minimadtez
8th February 2006, 04:26 AM
I didnt travel to get mine.....it came from shetland right to my door in aberdeen :D

S7JGW
9th February 2006, 07:18 PM
I got mine from Inverurie so not far.

euan
9th February 2006, 08:45 PM
I ordered my car in Edinburgh, but then moved to London before it arrived, so had to fly up to Edinburgh and drive it back to London. So about 430 odd miles.

T6 KFR
9th February 2006, 09:34 PM
Didnt go that far...10 minute drive up to John Clark in ABZ.. Took longer taking it home though;)

Melly
10th February 2006, 02:51 AM
Went to NewCastle to get mine. I was looking for an all black one but when i saw the one i bout i HAD to have it hehe

sleepyrascal
10th February 2006, 03:06 AM
I travelled 90 miles because my local dealer's ( 2 miles away) MINI salesman acted like a bellend when I went to see a car.

Mark R
12th February 2006, 08:01 AM
I went 120 miles to Newcastle just to see the one I bought and fill out forms. It's either going to be delivered to me or I may just go pick it up in person, still thinking about it.

monkimagic
13th February 2006, 08:15 PM
1.5 miles to JC, Nice and handy ;)