PDA

View Full Version : my JCW brakes

Scottie
1st February 2006, 10:17 PM
are buggered pads are corroded which has resulted in them not working like how they should.

Car is in at dealer and they have ordered up new pads and I think new disc as well.

However the kicker to the story is this they may NOT be covered under warranty because of lack of use.?????? WTF.

My car has done 4000 miles in six months was last used 3 weeks ago.

So is this reasonable I have do idea what to think.

Craig
1st February 2006, 10:50 PM
no chance Fee, give them hell. Not covered under warranty 'cos you haven't used them enough - what a load of sh*te!:mad::mad:

I would speak to their service manager and explain your position with regards to how much business you put their way....;);)

Duncan Stewart
1st February 2006, 10:53 PM
Sounds like a poor excuse. I don't think Mini brakes like all the salt on the roads we get but that it BMWs problem to fix, not yours.
If average mileage is supposed to be 10,000 per year (as per 5 years / 50K TLC cover)then I would hardly call yours low.

Scottie
1st February 2006, 11:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

no chance Fee, give them hell. Not covered under warranty 'cos you haven't used them enough - what a load of sh*te!:mad::mad:

I would speak to their service manager and explain your position with regards to how much business you put their way....;);)

I am just going to wait and see what they come back with. At the moment they are only saying may not be covered.

Mini Me
2nd February 2006, 01:26 AM
lets just wait and see Fe.........dinnae panic !!!!!:p

bpirie1000
2nd February 2006, 01:36 AM
mmmmmmm seams dodge to me.

My mini has sat outside for over a month and not moved and it was fine at teh weekend......

Think something is wrong.........

Or there at it...(Which is more likely??)

Scottie
2nd February 2006, 04:21 AM
what gets me how do BMW know my brake problem is down to lack of use????? unless the dealer told them but wait how does the dealer know it is down to lack of use????? again 4000 miles covered in six months so that will be 8000 miles in a year is that lack of use. Not in my book.

What would you guys do shut up and pay up.

Am I wrong to come here and moan about it.??

Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill.??

Do dealers really care these days after they have sold you a car???

Somehow I always end up feeling it's my fault that I expect to much from BMW and the dealer.

Mini Me
2nd February 2006, 04:44 AM
Fe,i do think we could be panicing over nothing.......wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Scottie
2nd February 2006, 04:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Fe,i do think we could be panicing over nothing.......wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Iain, my name is Fiona when have you known a Fiona not to panic over nothing;):p it's in my geans I've got to always have something to worry about and give guys by the name of Iain a hard time.:D;):p

Craig
2nd February 2006, 04:53 AM
quite right fiona - ask him about the new house his wife wants...:eek:;):approve:

Scottie
2nd February 2006, 04:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

quite right fiona - ask him about the new house his wife wants...:eek:;):approve:

aye your right Craig but worse than that what about the new kinda car he is going to need.;):p;) wait till folks find out oop's;):p I've said to much already. Heh a wee bit of black mail.;):cool::kiss:

Craig
2nd February 2006, 04:57 AM
LOL

:D:D:D:D:D

Mini Me
2nd February 2006, 06:36 AM
Oh naw .....dinnae,please [v][v][v]

Scottie
2nd February 2006, 06:46 AM

Oh naw .....dinnae,please [v][v][v]

how much is it worth. h'mm may have to start a new thread.;):p what could the title be????:kiss:

Big Col
2nd February 2006, 04:01 PM
I could think up a few titles for you Fi! :D

By the way...I bet you a TV the discs and pads get done under warranty! ;):D

Whoever said it's not covered by the warrant through lack of use is being a chancer and is talking out their waste outlet.

ELFMAN
3rd February 2006, 10:35 PM
Fiona, this makes me SO MAD! AGAIN!!!

To quote you: “Somehow I always end up feeling it's my fault that I expect too much from BMW and the dealer”. “Shut up and pay up”. Well, I'm sorry to cut right to it, but if you go in with an attitude like that, you're screwed. They owe you big time, you're keeping them in a job. I think you're being treated like mugs by this lot, and not for the first time. What with your exhaust hanging off, bits of bodykit not fixed properly.... God knows you've spent enough money with them - a small fortune. If the parts aren't fit for purpose, they replace them, and they keep replacing them until they get it right. Simple.

I only cover about 5 and-a-bit K/annum (I live really close to my work). I had a problem a few months ago - a clicking sound from rear wheels. This was investigated by the dealer during which my (standard) rear discs & pads were found to be a bit corroded, but were replaced F.O.C. No quibbles. I had the JCW Brakes (which retain the standard rear discs, but uprate the pads) fitted later on, which I had intended to do at that time anyway as part of my ongoing “Improvement Plan”. The clicking was still there. Both the dealer and I persevered and through a process of elimination we eventually traced the problem to rear wheel bearings(!) - which were also replaced F.O.C. Hats off to Douglas Park MINI, Hamilton, a dealer who actually looks after their customers. Problem now gone. Brakes good. Customer Happy.

DON'T accept this fobbing-off, take it higher, BMW Head Office for example. And if BMW are actually sticking with this “lack of use” cack, then it doesn't say much for the quality of materials used for “The Ultimate Driving Machine” does it? As for your dealer (who's that again? Name them A LOT) They're getting a really bad press on this site, which should make them sit up and take notice for a kick off. How much is bad publicity worth in lost sales? A hell of a lot more than replacing your brakes. Don't fall for “The Ultimate BullS*%t Machine” which is what you're being processed through.

Apologies for the rant, but if this was the States they'd have had to replace your car by now... and landscape your garden, take you on holiday etc.... I hate this “British Underdog” thing of accepting bad service - and then apologising for it. Get Right Intae Them! As they say on the disturbingly hilarious 'Team America, World Police' puppet movie: “F&@% Yeah!” You go girl! We're right behind you - no strings attached.

Big Col
3rd February 2006, 10:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

(who's that again? Name them A LOT) They're getting a really bad press on this site,

coughsitesponsorscough

ELFMAN
4th February 2006, 01:00 AM
Yeah, I know. How ironic.

If a dealer's going to be “involved” in the club, they have to be even more attentive than usual to the members of that club, otherwise any dirty washing's on view right away. It pays to advertise, but there's also a flip-side.

Obviously the 'Scottiecoops' feel a bit stressed out about this (and previous problems). If a customer's feeling like that, something's wrong somewhere. Iain shouldn't have to “reassure” Fiona via the website, and I'm sure he'll see them alright, but these problems should surely have been sorted before they felt they had to post threads like they have. Come on Menzies, don't be Merciless, we know where you live! Hope it all “Works” out.

Mini Me
4th February 2006, 05:09 AM
fur fecks sake man i give up.......IF there is a warranty issue, it is BMW who decide , not the dealer !!!!
We take very good care of all our customers and bend over backwards to get things done !!, but can't help it if the customers post on the site...good with the bad,that's the way it goes. !!!!
As for reassuring via the sire, i have spoked to Fiona a dozen times this week also, but i think if she post's ,then i should reply, as there is always two sides.

Sassin frassin , bloody hard time am gettin the noo.....[v][v][v]

Scottie
4th February 2006, 05:27 AM

fur fecks sake man i give up.......IF there is a warranty issue, it is BMW who decide , not the dealer !!!!
We take very good care of all our customers and bend over backwards to get things done !!, but can't help it if the customers post on the site...good with the bad,that's the way it goes. !!!!
As for reassuring via the sire, i have spoked to Fiona a dozen times this week also, but i think if she post's ,then i should reply, as there is always two sides.

"a dozen times" at least double that;):p. I understand that it is BMW policy I work for BP for godsake they are all about policy usually anything I do re work hits the Grampian News:( last week I withdrew fuel cards from the Islands now that's stress.

Can I just say that Iain being the good guy that he is gets involved only to help over and above the call of duty and I for one really do appreciate all his help.:kiss::kiss:

Mini Me
4th February 2006, 05:45 AM
thanks Fe, i needed that:p

Scottie
4th February 2006, 05:51 AM

thanks Fe, i needed that:p

now about that discount re the GP.:p;)

N12 JLK
4th February 2006, 05:55 AM
This is great banter just like old times, I agree though with the amount of money youve spent Fiona with Bmw they should sort it out asap or if you went elsewhere to buy your cars in the future they would be bankrupt!!!!!

Scottie
4th February 2006, 06:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

This is great banter just like old times, I agree though with the amount of money youve spent Fiona with Bmw they should sort it out asap or if you went elsewhere to buy your cars in the future they would be bankrupt!!!!!

I know but I never once fell out with or had a go at Iain about this never once. I know sometimes I can be a bit hard on him but not this time.

Even George got of lightly today:eek: I still don't know if it is going through warranty will have to wait and see. Guess I'm to excited to see my steering wheel and spoiler don't even know if I have got the starter button.:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
4th February 2006, 06:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
Can I just say that Iain being the good guy that he is gets involved only to help over and above the call of duty and I for one really do appreciate all his help.:kiss::kiss:

Here, here! Couldn't agree more. :D:D

Scottie
4th February 2006, 06:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Andy did you see my car???? you still bringing the X

AndyP & Lenore
4th February 2006, 05:55 PM

quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Andy did you see my car???? you still bringing the X

No Fiona, didn't see uour car, sorry. Andrew will not let me take the MINI :( so yes we are still going in X5.

L

ELFMAN
6th February 2006, 12:53 AM
If you're happy, Fiona, fair enough. Let's try to put this in context.

Recently you seem to have had a lot of problems - Quick Change, Exhaust, Body Kit fixers and now the Brakes, and you seemed pretty upset about it all too. Of course I wasn't having a go at Iain personally (as I said I was sure he'd see you OK). I was just giving my opinion and support (as were a few others) for a fellow member who seemed to be having trouble.

Having read subsequent posts, I now feel that I was getting more annoyed than you about it and you now actually seem to be almost defending the dealer from "pelters" from myself and other members.

I hope you have more luck with your new Steering Wheel, Spoiler and Starter Button (you're a glutton for punishment!)... if not, maybe you shouldn't post it right away and just sort it out "Offline" with the dealer? Then we wouldn't get worked up, stick in our tuppence-worth and end up looking like the bad guys!

Me? I'd just enjoy driving the car and stop sticking bits to it for a while. But that's just my opinion - which will no doubt come back to haunt me........

sleepyrascal
6th February 2006, 02:11 AM

Iain i think it's failry obvious that your simply not putting in the effort! Stop drinking so much smice and get on with the job!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(KIDDING OF COURSE!!!!!!!)

Scottie
6th February 2006, 03:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

If you're happy, Fiona, fair enough. Let's try to put this in context.

Recently you seem to have had a lot of problems - Quick Change, Exhaust, Body Kit fixers and now the Brakes, and you seemed pretty upset about it all too. Of course I wasn't having a go at Iain personally (as I said I was sure he'd see you OK). I was just giving my opinion and support (as were a few others) for a fellow member who seemed to be having trouble.

Having read subsequent posts, I now feel that I was getting more annoyed than you about it and you now actually seem to be almost defending the dealer from "pelters" from myself and other members.

I hope you have more luck with your new Steering Wheel, Spoiler and Starter Button (you're a glutton for punishment!)... if not, maybe you shouldn't post it right away and just sort it out "Offline" with the dealer? Then we wouldn't get worked up, stick in our tuppence-worth and end up looking like the bad guys!

Me? I'd just enjoy driving the car and stop sticking bits to it for a while. But that's just my opinion - which will no doubt come back to haunt me........

Never ended up getting the starter button fitted as it would have meant my carbon fiber getting cut:eek:. Your right about the brakes and I do tend to get all worked up but quickly calm down

ELFMAN
6th February 2006, 06:41 AM
Glad to know you're feeling better about it, Fiona. I thought you were REALLY upset at the start of this thread. You probably were.... which prompted the arrival of the “MINI Cavalry”!

If there is a “Next Time” (which I sincerely hope there isn't), we'll should sit back and catch our breath before diving right in, eh?