PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhh!!! Nice Mod By JC's Aberdeen

MartinSullivan
24th October 2003, 12:14 AM
John Clarkes Aberdeen have just carried out a really nice subtle mod on my Cooper S. They have despoilered it in their car wash!!!! It only went in to have the power steering sorted out!!! Oh well, might have to see what I can get out of them for the inconvenience. Dunno when I am going to get it back now :(

KenL
24th October 2003, 12:50 AM
They use a carwash, cheeky beggars. Those things put swirl marks in the paint, they should not be doing that on other people's cars.

I'd definitely ask for some compensation and tell them to wash your car by hand in the future.

zimbo
24th October 2003, 12:58 AM
NO WAY!!!! John Clarks..... (enough said):evil:

sorry to hear that Martin. Hope you get some suitable compensation...

minidriver#1
24th October 2003, 01:05 AM
i got my car back from JC's after the bump and got the roof back with swirl marks on it. grrrr. Sorry to hear that, shouldnt be too big a problem to fix though :) ask for the S spoiler. lol

Wul
24th October 2003, 01:14 AM
Martin - that is crap! Most dealers use a jetwash bay to clean the cars - they must have a good insurer that lets them use an automatic car wash - they've obviously never looked closely at the damage those things do - especially to black cars or when the kids have tied washers and nuts to the bristles! :eek:

Don't be too soft with them - as a minimum you should be getting a new spoiler fitted and the entire bodywork checked and professionally polished to remove all traces of brush swirls - and then we get onto the incovenience and depreciation factor.

Julz
24th October 2003, 03:09 AM
Ah well, my car went in to get the cooling fans sorted yesterday, so I asked if I could get an oil service, but they didn't even change the filter and got charged £80 for it, what's worse is that I checked the oil tonight, and it still looks minging!!! I think they were spending too much time thrashing my car about, as a few rattles and a misaligned window were meant to get fixed too, but instead I get the car back with a few bars less fuel:mad::mad:

duncan
24th October 2003, 05:27 AM
Funny you should mention that Julz.
My One was in for the Intermediate 1 service, and the Air Filter wasnt changed, and the microfilter, if thats the small foam type thing beside the windscreen, wansnt changed either, even though the service book was ticked as done.
The Brake Fluid change indicator is now at 5, so presuambly not done either.
NOT IMPRESSED

Wul
24th October 2003, 04:39 PM
MINI service is the living incarnation of groundhog day - just when you think they are getting better - wham! your back to where you started again!

<sigh!....goes of to contemplete which dealer to let service his car this time!>

sh@z
24th October 2003, 08:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Ah well, my car went in to get the cooling fans sorted yesterday, so I asked if I could get an oil service, but they didn't even change the filter and got charged £80 for it, what's worse is that I checked the oil tonight, and it still looks minging!!! I think they were spending too much time thrashing my car about, as a few rattles and a misaligned window were meant to get fixed too, but instead I get the car back with a few bars less fuel:mad::mad:

Hope this is gonne be taken further cos thats utter BS :/... they shouldnt be doing that to customers cars.. professionalism eh

MartinSullivan
31st October 2003, 12:55 AM
Well got my car back yesterday - and so far (everything crossed) no complaints. It certainly feels a lot better when driving and there are no new bumps or rattles. They have also done a good job of replacing the spoiler. Was a bit annoyed to see a new sign in the car saying that as part of their complimentary service they had washed the car - thats what took the spoiler off the first time , thought they would have learnt. Will request they dont do it in future.

Burple
31st October 2003, 01:39 AM
Hey.. Got my car bck too on Tuesday... guess what??
It's going back in on Monday....:disapprove:
bit perturbed that repairs came to such a substantial total and they couldn't get it right...
so far I've discovered...
1: One wheel hasn't been balanced correctly (it wobbles at about 50 mph)- or suspension isn't right... :disapprove:
2: Electric mirrors have mysteriously stopped working
3: the Door handle surround / tweeter panel isn't fitting right and is loose...

On the plus side... the paintwork they've done seems to be spot on...
and I got the car back in just under 3 weeks....

Big Col
31st October 2003, 04:54 PM
Julz that's unbelieveable! I can't believe they took your car out for a thrashing. I hope you're going to speak to the manager about it. Hell if it was a MINI dealership you could gp straight to the BMW head offices and they'd have a canary about their servicing people thrashing customer cars!

euan
2nd November 2003, 11:19 PM
Hello all...

First up, sorry to all those whos cars have been damaged by the dealer - it's the last place damage should be happening, and washing cars with swirls - not once have I taken a car of mine through one. Never will either.

Secondly, I used to take my Golf to Sloans in Edinburgh. As I lived in Gorgie, it was a gentle walk home. However, on more than one occasion did I catch the staff taking the cars "round the block" in a manner that was not suitable for that road in your own car, never mind anyone elses! Wheel spin off the lights, wheel spin and slide out of the dealer parking at the front anyone? The car in question had 17" rims and was running Yokohamas as well - I know I'd be pi**ed off if it was my car. So I phoned the dealer and asked to talk to the manager. I was then asked if I was making a complaint, to which i replied it was not so much a complaint, just an observation. Spoke to the manager, mentioned what I'd seen and he certainly sounded like he was going to do something about it, he sounded very annoyed and took all the details etc. Still, you see it everywhere - people at dealers do not seem to behave in other peoples cars. I've caught people doing it at eastern as well, racing down Russell Road between the dealer and the workshop.

On another point, how much do they pay for insurance? Some of the people driving BMWs from eastern are late teens, yet they drive some of the biggest, fastest saloons out there...Sideways, probably.