PDA

View Full Version : Kielder Reservoir Spring Run - Sunday 19th March

AndyP & Lenore
30th January 2006, 09:04 AM
Run Date: Sunday 19th March 2006.
Who's in the mood for an early spring run into Northumberland:question: Starting out in Selkirk (probably Dunedin MINI) then taking in; Carter Bar, Bellingham, Kielder Reservoir, Kielder Forrest then up the Teviot valley back to the Borders. Some fantastic roads promised!:D

The usual format - gather, morning run, lunch, afternoon run, then a wee gathering at the end.;)

Update: Sunday 19th February:
Carried out first recce of the route today.

Update: Monday 13th March:
Route notes are AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD BY CLICKING HERE (http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/kielder_run_19-03-06.pdf)
Note: Because of the snow on Sunday we were unable to carry out a final recce of the route. Taking into account the questionable weather forecasts leading up to Sunday's run, we have decided the most responsible thing to do is to change our planned route for the first 30 miles or so. We had planned on travelling out the Yarrow valley and across the back roads to Hawick. However as it is very unlikely these roads will be treated/driveable on Sunday morning, with your safety at the forefront of our thoughts at all times, we have decided not to use them. As such, the initial section of the run does not have mileages attached. It's not a complex route to Hawick (using the A7) and once we arrive at Morrison's if everyone resets their trip, the mileages shown on the notes "should" be accurate from there onwards.:D

We will have copies of the notes on the day if anyone is unable to print them off.

Route is: Selkirk - Hawick - Bonchester Bridge - Carter Bar - Bellingham (Lunch) - Couple of stops around Kielder Reservior for pics - Kielder - Back roads to Hawick - Selkirk - Galashiels. Gathering at the end for drinks and a chat.

Lunch will be at The Cheviot Hotel in Bellingham (http://www.thecheviothotel.co.uk/) They do a fantastic carvery on Sunday's - bargain price of £6.25! Their web site lists some scrumptious meals, but it's only the Carvery on Sundays. However, today there was the option of Beef, Lamb or Pork. Along with Yorkies, Roast & Boiled Pots, Veg, Gravy and sauces, it was a delicious meal and comes highly reccomended by your run organisers;);) For the non-meat-eaters there's a vegetarian option.

To get an indication of who is taking up the lunch we've organised, can you all respond with a yay or nay.

Cheers.

All those interested, just say the word .:)

1. AndyP & Lenore + Lunch
2. Neil & Lorna + Lunch
3. CraigD & Jude + Lunch
4. Roadrunner + 1 + Lunch
5. Weefossy & Sioban + Lunch
6. Sara and Craig + Lunch
7. Elfman + Lunch for 2
8. Duncan + Lunch
9. jayex + 1 + Lunch
10. Mark R + 1 (run virgins) + Lunch
11. Lesley, Jason & Kerr + Lunch
12. ?????

Craig
30th January 2006, 04:33 PM
Put me and Jude down for this one.... ta very muchly

:D:D

Scottie
30th January 2006, 05:48 PM
put us down but only one Mini cause Allan is not allowed to drive for 12 weeks after his op.:D

AndyP & Lenore
30th January 2006, 06:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

put us down but only one Mini cause Allan is not allowed to drive for 12 weeks after his op.:D

Hope he makes a speedy recovery.... 12 Weeks! Wow, that's gonna drive him crazy.:(

Duncan Stewart
30th January 2006, 10:17 PM
The run sounds fantastic :D but I am not free that weekend :(:evil:.
Have a great time. I'm jealous already

Wul
30th January 2006, 10:26 PM
consider it sticky ;):p

Crombers
30th January 2006, 11:20 PM
Wul,

"The shed was nice while it lasted....but a MINI is better"

Gonna expand on this one just a tad , does this mean that a change of car is on the cards :question:

Crombers
30th January 2006, 11:21 PM
Stick me down as a maybe ;)

Wul
30th January 2006, 11:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Wul,

Gonna expand on this one just a tad , does this mean that a change of car is on the cards :question:

You've not read all the new threads yet....have you?;):p

Crombers
30th January 2006, 11:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Wul,

You've not read all the new threads yet....have you?;):p

Have now ;):approve:

AndyP & Lenore
31st January 2006, 12:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

The run sounds fantastic :D but I am not free that weekend :(:evil:.
Have a great time. I'm jealous already

That's a shame Duncan. If your plans change just let us know. Be good to have you.

AndyP & Lenore
31st January 2006, 12:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

consider it sticky ;):p

Taverymuchly, Wul.

roadrunner
1st February 2006, 06:36 AM
Sounds like a good run, count me and a friend in.

AndyP & Lenore
1st February 2006, 06:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by roadrunner

Sounds like a good run, count me and a friend in.

No problem. Thats you added.:D:D

weefossy
1st February 2006, 09:47 PM
Put Sioban and I down. Love that part of the country. Can you still go through the forest on the old "rally" road?

AndyP & Lenore
2nd February 2006, 05:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Put Sioban and I down. Love that part of the country. Can you still go through the forest on the old "rally" road?

Your added malcolm.

As far as I know you can still go through the forrest road.
It's a toll road but I'm sure they only charge £1. But to be honest, I'm not sure it's mini friendly. Especially if we have any lowered MINI's or MINI's with lower aero kits etc. As such, it wont be part of the route. Sorry Malcolm.

markyc
4th February 2006, 05:35 AM
Andy,
Put me down to as a maybe just now, should be able to get the day off :) Sounds a good run :D;)

AndyP & Lenore
4th February 2006, 07:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

Andy,
Put me down to as a maybe just now, should be able to get the day off :) Sounds a good run :D;)

As requested Mr C.

Hope all is well with you. See you Sunday 5th Feb. :D

saraandcraig
4th February 2006, 06:52 PM
put us down for this one its right on our doorstep, and we can argue nearer the time about who gets to drive! (funny there is never an arguement about who washes the car !!)

AndyP & Lenore
4th February 2006, 09:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by saraandcraig

put us down for this one its right on our doorstep, and we can argue nearer the time about who gets to drive! (funny there is never an arguement about who washes the car !!)

Thats you both added.

ELFMAN
6th February 2006, 06:48 AM
Put me down for a “possible” at the moment, folks - sounds like a great run on some nice roads!

AndyP & Lenore
6th February 2006, 07:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Put me down for a “possible” at the moment, folks - sounds like a great run on some nice roads!

No probs, thats you added.:D

Crombers
6th February 2006, 08:38 PM
Please remove my "maybe" as I'm now a defo for this one :p

duncan
6th February 2006, 10:00 PM
Add me to the list please :)

AndyP & Lenore
6th February 2006, 11:14 PM

No probs. How are you feeling now:question:

AndyP & Lenore
6th February 2006, 11:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Add me to the list please :)

No probs, thats you added.:D

Crombers
7th February 2006, 06:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

No probs. How are you feeling now:question:

Stiff a fair bit snotty mate :dead::(:sleepy:
But I'll survive ;)

jayex
8th February 2006, 01:10 AM
:cool: A/L is in the book ! :D me plus one pleeeese :)

Mark R
14th February 2006, 08:22 AM
Sign me up please. Maybe with plus one. Thanks.

AndyP & Lenore
14th February 2006, 08:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mark R

Sign me up please. Maybe with plus one. Thanks.

No probs :D, when do you get your MINI:question:

Mark R
15th February 2006, 02:31 AM
Waiting on the call for the delivery time right now. If it can't be delivered up here early Thursday I'm going to Tyneside myself to get it, provided the cars good to go of course.

I read the post on rules for runs so I've got the basic idea of what happens. Anything else I should know before my first run?

Craig
15th February 2006, 05:05 AM
not much, just get right in there and talk to people, we are a friendly bunch and don't really bite (apart from crombers ;))

Just make sure you've got a full tank (or thereabouts) so you don't have to stop part way thro' the run to fill up and get split up from the group.

other than that, just enjoy! :D:D

AndyP & Lenore
15th February 2006, 08:20 AM
Yeah.. What Craig said. :D

Don't worry Mark, Lenore and I will make sure your welcomed to the fold.

A.

Neil and Lorna
15th February 2006, 08:33 AM
[quote]Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Yeah.. What Craig said. :D

Don't worry Mark, Lenore and I will make sure your welcomed to the fold.

A.[quote]

Hi Mark

And us.
We felt like a fart in spacesuit on our first run.:eek:
And vowed never to ignore newbies. You'll have a ball were all nutters.:):p

Neil and Lorna. :D

Crombers
15th February 2006, 06:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

not much, just get right in there and talk to people, we are a friendly bunch and don't really bite (apart from crombers ;))

:kiss::eek: moi :question:

AndyP & Lenore
20th February 2006, 04:26 AM
Front page updated.

Plenty more space on the run - all those interested, just say the word!:D:D

markyc
20th February 2006, 04:54 AM
Andy
Sorry mate gonna have to cancel i'm afraid, can't get time off work :mad::(:disapprove::disapprove::disapprove::disapp rove:<sniffsniffboohoohoosniffsniff>
I'm sure it'll be a fab day, sorry to let u down :( Enjoy and i'll look forward to seeing the pics :):D:D;) C u guys for din dins in a couple of weeks :D:D

AndyP & Lenore
20th February 2006, 05:38 AM

Andy
Sorry mate gonna have to cancel i'm afraid, can't get time off work :mad::(:disapprove::disapprove::disapprove::disapp rove:<sniffsniffboohoohoosniffsniff>
I'm sure it'll be a fab day, sorry to let u down :( Enjoy and i'll look forward to seeing the pics :):D:D;) C u guys for din dins in a couple of weeks :D:D

Not to worry mate.:( Work comes first.:( Maybe next time.:D

Scottie
20th February 2006, 07:21 PM
Andy,

Can you remove our name from the list please. Just a bit to far for us to travel in one day and for dog sitters and stuff. :(:D:kiss:

AndyP & Lenore
20th February 2006, 08:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Andy,

Can you remove our name from the list please. Just a bit to far for us to travel in one day and for dog sitters and stuff. :(:D:kiss:

No problem Fiona.:( Sorry you can't make it.:(:(

ianking
21st February 2006, 09:22 PM
GOOD NEWS IS IM BACK
went for a wee drive to look at Menzies at the weekend and minime talked me into a deal so i will have a mini again in time for your run. Put me down and i will bring the g/friend out for an airing (its her first mini run). We will both go for the lunch as well.
Ian

AndyP & Lenore
21st February 2006, 09:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

GOOD NEWS IS IM BACK
went for a wee drive to look at Menzies at the weekend and minime talked me into a deal so i will have a mini again in time for your run. Put me down and i will bring the g/friend out for an airing (its her first mini run). We will both go for the lunch as well.
Ian

Excellent news mate.:D:D Glad to have you back.:D:D

C'mon then... spill the beans.... whats the spec of the new motor:question::D:D:question:

ianking
21st February 2006, 09:52 PM
got a red cooper with white roof with a union jack on it. Chilli pack , air con, cd, hopfully have spot lights on the grill by the time i come on your run. its an 05 plate but only has 230 miles on it which is unusual. You will prob remember me i used to work at Central Garage whilst I was at uni. I used to drive an indie blue mini one with silver chequers on the roof.

Craig
21st February 2006, 10:16 PM
saw your new car the other day Ian - looks cracking. See you on the 19th March :D

AndyP & Lenore
22nd February 2006, 12:34 AM

saw your new car the other day Ian - looks cracking.

We saw it as well, it is really eye catching.:D:cool::D

ianking
22nd February 2006, 07:03 AM
really sorry to have to do this but after i suprised the G/friend with the run news she tells me that she has organised and all ready paid for a suprise for me which cant be refunded. I am going to see Concorde at East Fortune, not a bad suprise mind but i was dead keen to go on a mini run. Hopefully you will be able to organise another one soon, I could even give you a hand if you want. Really sorry to have to pull out.
Ian

AndyP & Lenore
22nd February 2006, 07:18 AM

really sorry to have to do this but after i suprised the G/friend with the run news she tells me that she has organised and all ready paid for a suprise for me which cant be refunded. I am going to see Concorde at East Fortune, not a bad suprise mind but i was dead keen to go on a mini run. Hopefully you will be able to organise another one soon, I could even give you a hand if you want. Really sorry to have to pull out.
Ian

Not to worry Ian.

We went to see Concorde last year. It's a good tour, if a little long winded at times. Have fun.

Andrew

Scottie
22nd February 2006, 08:00 AM

Ian

Not to worry Ian.

We went to see Concorde last year. It's a good tour, if a little long winded at times. Have fun.

Andrew

What:eek:
and that's you trying to tell us it wisnae you that farted in at Menzies the other day.:D;):p

Mark R
22nd February 2006, 09:38 AM
quote:but it's only the Carvery on Sundays

So does that mean that the Carvery is the only option for lunch on the Sunday or that the Carvery is available only on Sundays in addition to their usual menu? Sorry, just not too clear on what you mean by that.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd February 2006, 05:48 PM

quote:but it's only the Carvery on Sundays

So does that mean that the Carvery is the only option for lunch on the Sunday or that the Carvery is available only on Sundays in addition to their usual menu? Sorry, just not too clear on what you mean by that.

The carvery is the only option on a Sunday. They have a starter and sweet menu also but the size of portion you get from the carvery is pretty big and they reckon they hardly ever sell a atarter or sweet on a Sunday.:)

Crombers
25th February 2006, 12:12 AM
Gutted. Sod it :( I've just realised :I:clown: that Sunday 19/3 is also the date for the Scottish League Cup Final. Really sorry but I'm gonna have to pull out of the run , my apologies Andy & Lenore.
All the best on the day , I,m sure your run will be a belter.

AndyP & Lenore
25th February 2006, 12:34 AM

Gutted. Sod it :( I've just realised :I:clown: that Sunday 19/3 is also the date for the Scottish League Cup Final. Really sorry but I'm gonna have to pull out of the run , my apologies Andy & Lenore.
All the best on the day , I,m sure your run will be a belter.

No problem Alan.

Cannae believe your putting footy ahead of a Mini Run:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D

We'll be avvin words on Friday at Mini Meets 3!;)

Crombers
25th February 2006, 09:24 PM
Aw naw , up in front of the class again :I:clown:;)

Mark R
26th February 2006, 12:08 AM
Is there a time for meeting at Selkirk yet? Or perhaps a normal start time for these?

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2006, 04:18 AM

Is there a time for meeting at Selkirk yet? Or perhaps a normal start time for these?

The plan at the moment is to meet at Selkirk at 10.00Am for 10.30 am departure.:D

AndyP

Mark R
26th February 2006, 09:52 AM

The plan at the moment is to meet at Selkirk at 10.00Am for 10.30 am departure.:D

AndyP

That's not too bad then. Just trying to get some idea of when I'd need to leave to get there by that time.

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2006, 07:13 PM

AndyP

That's not too bad then. Just trying to get some idea of when I'd need to leave to get there by that time.

You're just 20 - 30 mins up the A7 mate. You'd be here in no time.:D:D

saraandcraig
26th February 2006, 10:31 PM
hey folks,lunch sounds good, put us down 4it please. looking forward 2the run, hoping for crackin' weather!!

Craig
27th February 2006, 02:54 AM
how come I'm no down for lunch - think I was going to turn up and not eat................eh no!! ;);)

Me and Jude for food please..... CARVERY...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :approve::approve::approve::approve:

AndyP & Lenore
27th February 2006, 03:59 AM

how come I'm no down for lunch - think I was going to turn up and not eat................eh no!! ;);)

Me and Jude for food please..... CARVERY...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :approve::approve::approve::approve:

'Cos you never said to put your name down for it. So I figured you'd just be having a wee cheese salad snadwich and a bottle of water at the side of your car.;) :eek: :D

AndyP & Lenore
27th February 2006, 04:01 AM
quote:[i] hoping for crackin' weather!!

Thats been organised already!:D:D

roadrunner
27th February 2006, 09:46 PM
Looking forward to the run, will be needing gub for sure. Carvery sounds great, x2
Thanks

jayex
2nd March 2006, 03:59 AM
yay for lunch x2 please :D obviously not both for me!.. honest ;)

AndyP & Lenore
2nd March 2006, 04:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by jayex

yay for lunch x2 please :D obviously not both for me!.. honest ;)

I'll believe you:D. Thousands wouldn't:D:D

N12 JLK
4th March 2006, 10:30 PM
Still huming and hawing about this on:disapprove:

AndyP & Lenore
5th March 2006, 12:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

Come on you know you want to.:D

N12 JLK
5th March 2006, 01:28 AM

Come on you know you want to.:D

Oh suits you sir you know you want to!:cool:

ELFMAN
6th March 2006, 04:08 AM
Confirming we're going on the run! And lunch x2 as well - beats sandwiches!..... Fingers crossed for fine weather.

weefossy
13th March 2006, 05:19 AM
Lunch please, for two, Ta!

Mark R
13th March 2006, 08:24 AM
Add 2 for lunch please.

AndyP & Lenore
13th March 2006, 08:27 AM

Lunch please, for two, Ta!

Nae probs.:D

AndyP & Lenore
13th March 2006, 08:27 AM

Add 2 for lunch please.

Nae probs.:D

AndyP & Lenore
13th March 2006, 09:42 AM
We were supposed to do the final recce today, but the weather being what it was, we weren't going to risk the roads. So the notes will be uploaded and ready for download Monday evening sometime. Also considering an alternative route in case of bad weather. But the run is beyond the middle of March, so surely to goodness the snow will have gone by then.:eek::eek:

Crombers and Lesley/Jason...... Any second thoughts? Aw, go on go on go on go on go on......

ELFMAN
13th March 2006, 05:10 PM
“But the run is beyond the middle of March, so surely to goodness the snow will have gone by then”. Famous last words.......

I remember a mad road trip in my youth (1897) in April to Wanlockhead where we had to follow the SNOWPLOUGH from Leadhills..... I have various things crossed for good weather.

Craig
14th March 2006, 02:04 AM
For anyone going from the Central/Edinburgh Area....

I will be leaving Stirling Services @ 08:30hrs :eek::approve: on Sunday heading for Hermiston Gait for around 09:00/09:10hrs. Heading down to Selkirk for approx 10:00hrs.

reply if you want to join the convoy down.

Cheers

Craig:D

Mark R
14th March 2006, 04:47 AM

I will be leaving Stirling Services @ 08:30hrs :eek::approve: on Sunday heading for Hermiston Gait for around 09:00/09:10hrs. Heading down to Selkirk for approx 10:00hrs.

I'll join you around Hermiston Gait. Where's best to catch you though? Don't want to take you out of the way and it's not like I can sit on the A720. :D

How's about someplace just inside the retail park? Or where else would suit you?

Craig
14th March 2006, 04:50 AM
The last couple of times Mark, we have met just inside the car park of the retail park. Just at the stupid tiny MINI roundabout.. :D

markyc
14th March 2006, 08:10 AM
I'm well pi$$ed I'm going to miss this one :disapprove: Hopefully some kind soul will take their camera and capture the action (warts and all mind) :eek::eek::clown::D Hope you all have a fantastic day <sniffsniff> ;)

AndyP & Lenore
14th March 2006, 08:28 AM

I'm well pi$$ed I'm going to miss this one :disapprove: Hopefully some kind soul will take their camera and capture the action (warts and all mind) :eek::eek::clown::D Hope you all have a fantastic day <sniffsniff> ;)

Don't worry about it Mark. You have a perfectly sensible, reasonable and honest reason for not being able to come.

Others, however...... Hmphhhhh. fitba? Fitba? FITBA?? WTF?;)

AndyP & Lenore
14th March 2006, 08:46 AM
Update on first page, first post. Run notes now available for download.

Plenty spaces left on the run. And we've amended the run taking out some weather-questionable roads so it's a shorter run than before. Should now be IRO 110 miles instead of over 130 miles.

Anyone else interested?

monkeyhanger
14th March 2006, 09:30 PM
You got an ETA for Keilder? - might meet you there for piccies. Gotta walk the mutts on sunday in any case...

AndyP & Lenore
15th March 2006, 03:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by monkeyhanger

You got an ETA for Keilder? - might meet you there for piccies. Gotta walk the mutts on sunday in any case...

Because the route has been changed at the last minute it is really difficult to tell. I think it will be around 1.30pm. If you like, you can PM me your mobile number and I will either call or text you when we are about to head off after lunch. I'm assuming it would be Hawkhope car park you'd meet us at? Thats the one accross the dam. As much as it's a "Kielder" run, we're not actually stopping in Kielder village itself. Let me know. Glad to meet up with another Mini.

ELFMAN
15th March 2006, 08:52 PM
I'll see you at Selkirk, as I have to pick Bill up at Blyth Bridge.

AndyP & Lenore
16th March 2006, 01:28 AM

I'll see you at Selkirk, as I have to pick Bill up at Blyth Bridge.

Good stuff Euan! See you there!

N12 JLK
17th March 2006, 05:54 AM
Andy what times is the lunch for and also approx time when the run finishes! Still dont know may be to long a day for wee Kerr, I know Lesleys not up for it she wants a lazy weekend after a week of hell at work.Will have a defo answer for tommorow evening.

AndyP & Lenore
17th March 2006, 08:11 AM

Andy what times is the lunch for and also approx time when the run finishes! Still dont know may be to long a day for wee Kerr, I know Lesleys not up for it she wants a lazy weekend after a week of hell at work.Will have a defo answer for tommorow evening.

Hi Jason,

Lunch should be around 12noon. And the run should finish around 4pm ish at the Kingsnowes Hotel in Gala.

I wish I knew the timings better, but because of the snow last weekend we weren't able to recce the route a second time. On the first recce, we were going backwards and forwards along Kielder looking for good places to stop for chat/photies/toilets etc. We've found all those and they are in the route, but the timings are now pretty much all estimates. Shouldn't be far off though.

It is a fantastic route and I'm sure Kerr would enjoy seeing the dam and the sluce route for when it rains a lot. Who knows, maybe with all the rain/snow we've been having they might even be spilling. Now that would be a fantastic sight.

Just let me know and I'll get you booked in for lunch.

Cheers,

Andrew

Neil and Lorna
17th March 2006, 07:23 PM

Go on go on go on go on.

You'll only sit at home on sunday and say "we should of gone on the run":D

Neil and Lorna:D:)

At least your not watching football like somebody else is.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

N12 JLK
17th March 2006, 11:33 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/minirunhouse001.jpg
WAIT FOR ME I'M COMIN ALONG NOW, PLEASE BOOK LUNCH FOR KERR AND JASON:cool::cool::cool::cool:

weefossy
17th March 2006, 11:36 PM
Craig, We'll meet you at Hermiston Gate, usual spot. After being stuck in hotels all week, can't wait to have a blast. Mind you, highlight last night was having several pints of 6X poured straight from the barrell!! Maybe Engillaland isn't that bad after all.

weefossy
17th March 2006, 11:42 PM
Lesley, love the picture, Kerr's got about 3 more than me, unless you count my micro's:D:D
Mind you, Fiona and Sioban have just about had that many real one's between them.:evil:;):evil:

Craig
18th March 2006, 12:43 AM

Craig, We'll meet you at Hermiston Gate, usual spot. After being stuck in hotels all week, can't wait to have a blast. Mind you, highlight last night was having several pints of 6X poured straight from the barrell!! Maybe Engillaland isn't that bad after all.

See you then! :D

roadrunner
18th March 2006, 12:52 AM
Craig,

Will meet you and anyone else at hermiston gate at 9am

AndyP & Lenore
18th March 2006, 02:30 AM

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/minirunhouse001.jpg
WAIT FOR ME I'M COMIN ALONG NOW, PLEASE BOOK LUNCH FOR KERR AND JASON:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Glad you have decided to come.:D

See you Sunday morning.

N12 JLK
18th March 2006, 05:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Neil
Go on go on go on go on.

Andy, stick me down as well (Lesley).
Sorry for being so indecisive:)

AndyP & Lenore
18th March 2006, 07:57 PM

quote:Originally posted by Neil
Go on go on go on go on.

Andy, stick me down as well (Lesley).
Sorry for being so indecisive:)

No probs Lesley, glad you can come.:D

duncan
19th March 2006, 12:37 AM
Lunch for me, please, and I'll try to make it to Hermiston Gait too!

Craig
19th March 2006, 01:16 AM

reply if you want to join the convoy down.

Cheers

Meeting at Craig's House @ 08:30hrs ...

Craig & Jude
Jason, Lesley & Kerr

Meeting at Hermiston Gait approx 09:00/09:10hrs...

Roadrunner
Weefossy
Duncan

Have I missed anybody ? ? :D:D

AndyP & Lenore
19th March 2006, 01:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Lunch for me, please, and I'll try to make it to Hermiston Gait too!

That's you added for lunch.

See you tomorrow.:D

N12 JLK
19th March 2006, 06:50 AM
Andy and Lenore could you phone the local council and ask them to have the roads all nice and clean dont want to get the car dirty have spent 3 hours today cleaning it;)

AndyP & Lenore
19th March 2006, 08:24 AM

Andy and Lenore could you phone the local council and ask them to have the roads all nice and clean dont want to get the car dirty have spent 3 hours today cleaning it;)

OK. Items checked off for tomorrow:

Hotel phoned - numbers confirmed for lunch.
Weather man called - dry and sunny weather organised.
Council called - any roadwork's planned for weekend cancelled. And they've promised to clean the roads up for us.
Mini's nice and clean, inside and out!
What have I missed?

A.

Mark R
20th March 2006, 04:08 AM
Just want to express my thanks for making my first MINI run so enjoyable. I'm very much looking forward to the next one I signed up for to Oxford.

It was a good experience although keeping up was a little difficult at times as I wasn't really wanting to go above the posted speed limits, but it was still a good run.

Thank you all.

N12 JLK
20th March 2006, 04:08 AM
What a superb day well glad we came along!!!,good fun at the first stop with the snowballs:). Lunch was great I think I had a whole coo to myself:p. Left you all at 5:30 and got in the door in Cumbernauld at 6:50 which was not to bad. Thanks to Andy, Lenore,Lorna and Neil for organising this great day and thanks for Kerrs mini car;). Hope you enjoyed your first run Mark hope to see you again ,Oh your going to Oxford see you then. Need to clean the car tommorow as its caked:(:(

Jason

AndyP & Lenore
20th March 2006, 05:12 AM

Just want to express my thanks for making my first MINI run so enjoyable. I'm very much looking forward to the next one I signed up for to Oxford.

It was a good experience although keeping up was a little difficult at times as I wasn't really wanting to go above the posted speed limits, but it was still a good run.

Thank you all.

I'm really glad you enjoyed your first Mini Run with us.

I'm sorry if you felt you had trouble keeping up. We try to accommodate everyone on the runs, no matter what style of driving you enjoy. As such, for the majority of the first section we seldom got above 50mph (in 60mph zones), making allowances for your particular style of driving. In the afternoon, to accommodate the runners who do enjoy a more spirited drive, there were sections of route where we were driving at the speed limit (where it was safe to do so).

What you will find, is that the further back in the line you are, the faster you generally need to go to keep up with the group. For this very reason, we seldom broke the speed limit at the front ourselves. Which is the very reason I encouraged you to go behind me for the first section of the run. So you could get used to the dynamics of the run and get a feel for what happens, without having to worry about splitting from the group.

However, no-one should ever feel they have to stay within the group. If you prefer a more sedate drive, you can drop back and catch up at the next re-group (of which we ensure there are many).

Again, glad you enjoyed the run and we look forward to seeing you on Craig's Oxford Run in April.

Cheers,

Andrew

AndyP & Lenore
20th March 2006, 05:18 AM

thanks for Kerrs mini car;).

Nae probs Jason.:D Glad you had a good day, I bet Kerr sleeps tonight.:D

AndyP & Lenore
20th March 2006, 05:19 AM
Good to see everyone today and thanks to you all for coming along and making it another great MINI adventure.:D

See you all soon.:D

A & L

saraandcraig
20th March 2006, 05:21 AM
top day new suspension corners like it is on rails if a little bumpy over the rougher stuff sara had a great day she was in bed by 7:30 getting caught up with some sleep.am still stuffed with roast beef top food can't wait til next one.

weefossy
20th March 2006, 05:26 AM
Thanks again to the "Popcorn Kids";)for organising another fantastic run. Excellent new roads.:D:D
Hope these pictures work!!

OK, let's find a nice one
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/8a0b64d8.jpg

I'm having the wheels:evil:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/385ef242.jpg
Sioban Goes Sailing:clown:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/89f887d2.jpg

duncan
20th March 2006, 05:55 AM
A smashing day out, with great roads, food, and people!

Thanks to all :)

AndyP & Lenore
20th March 2006, 05:55 AM
Some of oor pics....

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/kielder0001.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/kielder0002.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/kielder0003.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/kielder0004.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/kielder0005.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/kielder0008.JPG

A.

roadrunner
20th March 2006, 06:10 AM
Andy,Lenore,Neil and Lorna.

Seems like I have been waiting all winter for another great NMS run and this did not dissapoint. Great to see everyone again and superb new roads. And what a lunch...still think a £10's is a bit steep for three puddings though !! Looking forward to the next run to feed my mini habit. But thank you for organising another great day.

jayex
20th March 2006, 06:41 AM
Great day thanks to Andy, Lenore,Lorna and Neil, here are a few pics :cool:
http://www.photo-host.info/uploads/c5a9ebcd4c.jpg
http://www.photo-host.info/uploads/f7ad440a1a.jpg
http://www.photo-host.info/uploads/0160a11aab.jpg
http://www.photo-host.info/uploads/538ed0f07f.jpg
http://www.photo-host.info/uploads/b4ccdb117b.jpg
:D:cool::D

ELFMAN
20th March 2006, 09:31 AM
Andy,Lenore,Neil and Lorna, THANKS for all the work putting today's run together. Run was great, food was great, company was great as usual. Even though my car now resembles a small salt mine on wheels... don't know why I bother cleaning it, it always ends up the mankiest car of the bunch - I must be collecting other folks' muck....if only I attracted women with the same ease. Still, at least Ive got enough salt to cover Fish Suppers for eternity, that'll save a few pence.

Mark, don't worry about that silly speed limit stuff - you'll grow out of it! Seriously though, if you stick with the lead cars (you'll find it's not too hard, as they weren't going too fast - I know that's subjective), they'll help spot cameras, road problems etc. Whereas if you drop back, you then become the “Leader” of the second bunch and you lose the comparitive safety of the group, which can be pretty stressful, especially on your first run. Try to stick with the group and you might find it's less hassle than you think! If you do want to go slower, as Andy said, you can catch up at the next stop - we'll wait. Hope you had an OK time, and we'll see you on the Oxford bash. Average speed, 97mph. Kidding! It's only 95. By the way BRG/Black is very smart on the Cooper.

Hope you all got home safe & sound - see you all soon.

sleepyrascal
20th March 2006, 06:56 PM

By the way BRG/Black is very smart on the Cooper.

I AGREE :D:D:D

monkeyhanger
20th March 2006, 10:24 PM
Sorry we never made it to meet you at Keilder... Thought I could have more fun in casualty with suspected appendicitis. :(

AndyP & Lenore
20th March 2006, 11:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by monkeyhanger

Sorry we never made it to meet you at Keilder... Thought I could have more fun in casualty with suspected appendicitis. :(

Sorry to hear that. I guess as your posting to the forum it wasn't appendicitis after all.

Hope you're feeling better now.

A.

Craig
21st March 2006, 02:09 AM
Great Day oot in the "south" once more.

Carvery was :approve::approve::approve: even if we were last - the taunting from Mum & Dad was not appreciated!! :disapprove:;):p

Roads were great and the weather wasn't too wet, but my car now looks like snow white with the amount of salt on it (dinnae tell MarkyC or a wee letter will be in the post ;))

Great to see the "usual suspects" and some new folks I hadn't met yet. Hope you weren't scared too much and see those of you on the Oxford Trip in about 3 weeks on fri!

PS - will post some photos after the torture that is five-a-sides..:(

N12 JLK
21st March 2006, 02:25 AM
Andy was wondering if the place we had lunch at could home deliver 3 roast beef carveries to Cumbernauld for say 6:30 for our tea tonight!;)
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/roast_beef2.jpg
Think I'll dream about the roast again tonight. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

AndyP & Lenore
21st March 2006, 02:57 AM

Andy was wondering if the place we had lunch at could home deliver 3 roast beef carveries to Cumbernauld for say 6:30 for our tea tonight!;)
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/roast_beef2.jpg
Think I'll dream about the roast again tonight. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I'll give them a call... see what they can do.;)

I'll also email them to let them know the positive feedback from everyone.

A.

Neil and Lorna
21st March 2006, 03:54 AM
Hi Peeps.

Posting from our hotel in Aviemore.

Headed up here last night for a couple of days skiing.

Glad you all enjoyed the run.

If i've got any different pics i'll post them when we get home.

Neil and Lorna.

Bring on Oxford.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

N12 JLK
21st March 2006, 05:23 AM
Just put some pictures on the pc from yesterday , hope you all like!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/March2006059.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/March2006070.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/March2006064.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/53030bc6.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/81577ba3.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/1c994ca4.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/8e78962e.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/March2006075.jpg
Thanks again for Kerrs new yellow MINI Andy&Lenore

AndyP & Lenore
21st March 2006, 05:29 AM
Did your dinner arrive?:D

And what's Jason doing with his hand stuck up that teddy's arse?:D

N12 JLK
21st March 2006, 05:33 AM
God your quick ,thought I was editing the photos at the time ,have added more in. Well if it got sootie off on one well its good enough for me.;)

AndyP & Lenore
21st March 2006, 05:35 AM
Good photos Jason & Lesley.:D

God it looks cold up Carter Bar. Brrrrrrrr!

AndyP & Lenore
21st March 2006, 06:23 AM
Just thought I'd post up my email to the Cheviot Hotel thanking them for the lunch on Sunday.

A.

"Hi,

We organised a BMW MINI run around Kielder reservoir on Sunday 19th March, which incorporated stopping at the Cheviot for your Sunday Carvery lunch.

It was unilaterally agreed amongst the entire group (over twenty of us) that the quality of food was excellent and the service was first class - cheery and extremely efficient - the girls do you proud!

I think we would all put The Cheviot at the top of our list if we were to revisit the area in the future.

In fact this evening I was asked by a member of the group if you could deliver his dinner to Cumbernauld - near Glasgow. I didn't think you would but said I would ask. :) And my wife and I, along with her parents, are coming down from Galashiels for Sunday Lunch at the carvery at the end of March. I canny wait!!

Well done to one and all! Keep up the good work, and many thanks for your hospitality.

Andrew Poole"

N12 JLK
21st March 2006, 07:04 AM
;)by god it arrived as well:p

AndyP & Lenore
21st March 2006, 07:08 AM

;)by god it arrived as well:p

Was it good:question:;):D

gill
21st March 2006, 10:40 PM
Photos look great !!! :D

Looks like you all had a good time... pity we missed this one!!! Just a bit too far, and too close to other expensive weekends for us! ;)

Maybe next time ... :p

Mark R
21st March 2006, 11:24 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/markreid/sets/72057594087268463/

Here's a link to the photos I took during the run.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2006, 12:15 AM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markreid/sets/72057594087268463/

Here's a link to the photos I took during the run.

Great photos Mark.

See you on Oxford Run.:D

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2006, 02:01 AM
Reply from The Cheviot:

"Hello,

Many thanks for your email. it was very kind of you. We were all pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal and we do hope that we will see you all again. Once again many thanks and happy motoring to you all.

THE CHEVIOT HOTEL..."

weefossy
22nd March 2006, 03:45 AM
Nice to see we are welcome back to The Cheviot:D:D
We must have been well behaved, despite Sioban's efforts to upset a hungry Craig;):evil:

Liked the photos Mark; it does look cold at Carter Bar.
Although most of the snow had gone when I stopped there on Monday afternoon, it still freezing.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2006, 04:14 AM

.... despite Sioban's efforts to upset a hungry Craig;):evil:

Doesn't take much to upset Craig, especially when food denial is involved.:D:D

<coughminyouIcan'ttalkcough>

N12 JLK
22nd March 2006, 04:18 AM
Nice photos Mark and nice poses from Jude!

See you at Oxford

markyc
22nd March 2006, 05:34 AM
[quote]Originally posted by craigd
(dinnae tell MarkyC or a wee letter will be in the post ;))

Ive just seen Craigy boys car :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Pics are great, Jason why have you got your hand up a bears a$$e :question::question::D;)

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2006, 05:40 AM
You missed a great dinner on Sunday Mark.:D;):D

Did you get the piccies of the food from Jason and Craig:question:

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2006, 05:45 AM
Ive just seen Craigy boys car :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

WTF???? Has he still no washed it?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Craig
22nd March 2006, 04:35 PM
some of us don't work part-time you know... :eek::blackeye:;)

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2006, 06:55 PM

:evil::eek::blackeye::eek::mad::disapprove::evil:: (:evil::blackeye::eek::(:evil::mad::disapprove::(: evil::blackeye::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Craig
22nd March 2006, 08:30 PM

:evil::eek::blackeye::eek::mad::disapprove::evil:: (:evil::blackeye::eek::(:evil::mad::disapprove::(: evil::blackeye::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

;):D:approve:

Burple
23rd March 2006, 12:18 AM
quote:

;):D:approve:

He shoots...... He Scores!!!! 3 points... All net! :D:D

Neil and Lorna
24th March 2006, 04:41 AM
Here is the only pic that I have thats different.

Even some of the lady's of the world have to fetch there own cuppa!.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/cid_media1.jpg

Neil and Lorna.:D:D:D

Crombers
24th March 2006, 09:14 AM
& it look well hot :p