PDA

View Full Version : WEB SPACE

sleepyrascal
29th January 2006, 10:14 PM
Where is the best place to get web space? Preferably Free.

I'm trying to get free webspace at the moment but there are so many hoops to jump through!

N12 JLK
29th January 2006, 11:52 PM
Ive got plenty spare webs in my garden shed you could use, i think all the spiders are away on holiday at the moment:D

sh@z
30th January 2006, 12:32 AM
Theres quite a few sleepy, tripid/goecities/etc, but with all things free, they will have loads of ads and spam and blah blah.

Have a look on ebay, theres a lot of hosting up there, which give you great deals for very little (like £20 for a year), thats where i got mine from and it works fine for me.

Also, depends what you wanan host, just images, then use imageshack or something :p

Gismo
30th January 2006, 01:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal
Don't you get any from your ISP :question: or is that old news :p

sleepyrascal
30th January 2006, 08:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Don't you get any from your ISP :question: or is that old news :p

I wasn't sure but had no idea how to find out. Just about to set my new site live for the first time. its called WWW.MINI2SCOTLAND.CO.UK

:D:D only kidding!!!

Its just a website to put my CV/work on etc. It's that time of my life where I need to get a career. :)

euan
30th January 2006, 06:05 PM
sleepy - if it's just for a CV, you could use a wiki - loads of free ones about (jotspot is a good one - but has limited user logs in - but it has built in editor, forum setup, blog, the whole thing!)

My mate does web hosting, I pay 20 quid a year all in - that includes my own domain name, email and hosting (although I suspect it's mates rates) - if you want me to have a word for you I can and see what he'll charge.

sleepyrascal
30th January 2006, 11:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

sleepy - if it's just for a CV, you could use a wiki - loads of free ones about (jotspot is a good one - but has limited user logs in - but it has built in editor, forum setup, blog, the whole thing!)

My mate does web hosting, I pay 20 quid a year all in - that includes my own domain name, email and hosting (although I suspect it's mates rates) - if you want me to have a word for you I can and see what he'll charge.

Yeah that would be good Euan. Appreciate it!

Ewan.:D

Burple
31st January 2006, 12:29 AM

Damn.. this is confusing...

Ewan :D

sleepyrascal
31st January 2006, 12:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Damn.. this is confusing...

Ewan :D

Well Euan and Ewan, this is Ewan here just saying that i agree that ewan having the same name as euan, and me also being called ewan, is confusing.

lol

Euan... It would appear that by ISP does supply webspace which I didn't know until recently. However I cant remember any of my log in details for it as they want the original log in details from four years ago. It haws changed many times since then. I'll need to get on the blower and speak to someone.

However it would still be interested in your mates space if the isp thing doesnt work out.