PDA

View Full Version : Another New Fifer has returned

Kirsty
23rd October 2003, 02:25 AM
I've been lost in cyber space somewhere!! I've been trying to get back into the website for ages but to no avail!! Can't even spot that I was ever here in the first place now that I am eventually back. Seemingly I'm one that was lost when the server crashed!! :(

Just in case you have forgotten me, I'm Kirsty!! Wee yellow mini one, with nothing special apart from SALT pack and chrome bumpers, from Fife!!:kiss:

Hope the run up north goes well this weekend I'd love to join in one of these days!! I'll keep my eyes open for the next run!!:)

Getting more waves now, especially on my way to work in Falkirk!! Maybe it's people here who have seen me moaning about the lack of other minis waving back!! Keeps me happy!!!:D

Look forward to hearing all the news about this coming weekend!!
Enjoy!!:cool:

3GGG
23rd October 2003, 02:30 AM
Welcome back Kirsty :)

Look out for the Blue Apple out and about in Fife.

Kirsty
23rd October 2003, 02:34 AM
I was sitting next to a possible Blue Apple at Moodie Street traffic lights in Dunfermline the other night, possibly last week!! Didn't notice thought until the lights went green and by that time it was too late to wave!! You??

seany
23rd October 2003, 03:15 AM
welcome back to the site, and hello again

3GGG
23rd October 2003, 06:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by Kirsty

I was sitting next to a possible Blue Apple at Moodie Street traffic lights in Dunfermline the other night, possibly last week!! Didn't notice thought until the lights went green and by that time it was too late to wave!! You??

Could have been Kirsty, but cannot recall seeing you. Recently I have had a few waves from other MINIs around Dunfermline and in Fife generally, which is a pleasant change.
Keep a look out for the IB/W Cooper with a white Apple badge on the boot.

Cheers

macblob
23rd October 2003, 07:49 AM
wb kirsty

Willie M
23rd October 2003, 03:32 PM
Yeah, welcome back again Kirsty :cool:

Monsta Mo Mini
23rd October 2003, 05:03 PM
Hi again Kirsty - unfortunately EVERYTHING posted between 28th August and end of September was lost and that included new members. We're only just getting back to what it was before the crash!

KarenH
23rd October 2003, 10:35 PM
Welcome back Kirsty, if I'm over in Fife I'll be very sure to wave at any yellow mini ones :)

Linda M
23rd October 2003, 11:20 PM
Hi Kirsty :) More girls :cool:

Burple
24th October 2003, 12:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

Hi Kirsty :) More girls :cool:

Cool....More Girls!.... ;);):D:cool:
<straightens collar and slicks back hai.. oh... wait...*ahem* I've nae got any...> ;)

Hi Again! Welcome back to the nuthoose! :D

zimbo
24th October 2003, 01:30 AM
Yeh welcome back Kirsty...
More women the better I think :D

Tahra
3rd November 2003, 07:41 PM
Hullo welcome back fellow fifer _ Ive waved to a couple of yellows ones recently but dont know if Ive see you yet !

Davidson2
4th November 2003, 09:22 AM
Welcome back, glad you found us siber space girl!

Kirsty
9th November 2003, 08:43 PM
Thank you for all your welcome backs, it's nice to be missed!! I'll need to do something to my mini to make her more noticable so that people know it's me!! I originally got a yellow one cause it was a colour of mini that I hadn't seen much of on the roads but now they seem to be everywhere!! Anyone got any suggestions?? (bearing in mind that I'm a single girl with a mortgage to pay!!!) HEE HEE!!!

Gismo
9th November 2003, 08:55 PM

Thank you for all your welcome backs, it's nice to be missed!! I'll need to do something to my mini to make her more noticable so that people know it's me!! I originally got a yellow one cause it was a colour of mini that I hadn't seen much of on the roads but now they seem to be everywhere!! Anyone got any suggestions?? (bearing in mind that I'm a single girl with a mortgage to pay!!!) HEE HEE!!!A simple roof graphic :cool:

Bonnie Scotland

Kirsty
9th November 2003, 09:14 PM
Good idea!! How much do they cost and do all MINI dealers have a good selection to choose from??

Gismo
9th November 2003, 09:42 PM

Good idea!! How much do they cost and do all MINI dealers have a good selection to choose from??
Hi, try John at Apex Signs in Edinburgh, apex.signs@virgin.net, i was £167 for a union jack, he fitted it in around 1-1/2 hours, preferred this route as the dealer is dearer.

Hope that helps

Bonnie Scotland

macblob
9th November 2003, 10:42 PM
I got checks on my roof for about £137 and as Bonnie says bmw are way more expensive, you could also go for bonnet stripes which will only set u back around 40 quid.

Kirsty
11th November 2003, 05:36 AM
Brilliant thank you very much Bonnie Scotland and Macblob!!:D I popped into BMW in Kirkcaldy yesterday but they didn't have any information that they could give me so I think I might have a nose on the net and contact apex signs to get some ideas!! I had been swithering whether to get the Saltire on my roof but not sure how it would look on my wee yellow one!!?? I've seen it on a dark blue MINI and it looks really smart!!:cool:
I shall keep you posted and probably ask for some knowledgable advice!! HEE HEE!!! (wouldn't want to mess up my wee MINI!!:()

Tahra
14th November 2003, 11:46 PM
Hi Kirsty,

Ive been talking to John at Apex for a while too, and they do stuff to your own specification - which probably means colours too ! You could be the only person with a yellow Saltire ! I liked the cooperflags.com site, dead easy to see their designs - theres a rather cool flower one, my husband wasnt keen though....

macblob
15th November 2003, 03:04 AM
Your welcome Kirsty.

This is how my roof turned out :D

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/macblob/roof_back_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/macblob/roof_back.jpg)

and

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/macblob/roof_front_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/macblob/roof_front.jpg)

hope this gives u some ideas

john-apex
15th November 2003, 03:22 AM
Hi Kirsty thought I would just say hello. If you have any thoughts on what you might like to do with the car just let me know and I can do a layout for you and e-mail it back. The girl who works with me would love to design a flower or something a bit girlie for a change.:)

Kirsty
15th November 2003, 08:44 PM
Brilliant!!! Thank you all so much!! The yellow saltire sounds good, hadn't thought about it in a different colour!! Macblob's roof looks really good too!! I have a tatoo of piglet on my foot (the original type of drawing, blowing a dandilion clock) had thought about that too!! Would that be girlie enough John?? Hee Hee!!

Mini Martyn
18th November 2003, 11:10 PM
Hey Kirsty Welcome aboard the ship of madness. I think will have to get a smoking jacket and change my name to Hugh, if any more bunny's come on board!! :D

Kirsty
20th November 2003, 08:43 AM
Thank you Martyn!! Nice to be aboard!!:D Smoking Jacket?? Hugh?? Bunnies??:question: Maybe I'm too young to get this one or just really slow!! Can you explain??:)

knaone
20th November 2003, 06:34 PM
I think he means Hugh Heffner (spelling?), the guy runs Playboy and its quote famous for walking about wearing a red velvet smoking jacket... bunnies, playboy bunnies.... :D:D

Kirsty
21st November 2003, 08:01 AM
Ahhh!! I see... all becomes clear!! :)Thank you for enlightening me Knaone!! HEE HEE!!:D There is always one!! HEE HEE!! :D(it's usually me!!);)