PDA

View Full Version : The cooper S has gone

Adam MCS
28th January 2006, 02:52 AM
Well, picked up my new car today,thought it was time for a change so bought a new focus ST. It's pretty cool, I'm just wandering how long it will be before I'm in a mini again. Maybe when I can afford a GP:cool:

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who helped me out and gave me advice on my mini (especially a certain mr sullivan for various things, and john for fixing my bluetooth!!). I'll no doubt be on here again when I figure out that the focus forum isn't s fun!!

Cheers

Adam

N12 JLK
28th January 2006, 04:41 AM
may your god go with you (Dave Allan), target reference

macblob
28th January 2006, 09:57 PM
Hope you enjoy the ST, heard its meant to be a cracking car

MartinSullivan
28th January 2006, 10:54 PM
Congrats on the new car Adam - will see you when get the new mini ;)

duncan
28th January 2006, 10:56 PM
Good luck with it!

Someone at my work is waiting for his to be delivered, think its next week it arrives.

monkimagic
29th January 2006, 01:45 AM
Seen a review of this on Topgear, great review Clarkson just loved it, what colour did you go for, blue or orange ?

euan
29th January 2006, 04:47 AM
I think they have expanded the colours now...

markyc
29th January 2006, 05:15 AM
Enjoy your new car ;) Let us know how it drives :D

zimbo
29th January 2006, 08:59 PM
We want pics :D is it an ST1, ST2 or ST3?

Adam MCS
29th January 2006, 09:43 PM
I went for a blue one, basically because its what they had coming in. But it looks cool so I'm happy. Its an ST2 so at least I get a CD player and some xenons! I like the extra power over my mini, it'll take a while to get used to! Its got a lot more torque so it pulls well, and the handling is really good, I floored it in first in the wet and didn't even feel the traction control cut in. I'm sure that will soon change though.

Thanks for all the comments

Adam

Gismo
29th January 2006, 09:50 PM
Adam, i used to only ever buy a ford, had umpteen different varieties until i got severly burned when trading in, I vowed i would never buy another
So far i have not bought another ford, but, i do like the new Focus ST :cool: fingers crossed for you when you come to sell you'll be able to maintain the high residuals you expect with a MINI

Adam MCS
30th January 2006, 12:53 AM
Yeah residuals are a big thing for me. But in saying that, I did lose more than I expected on the mini which wasn't too great! I think I'll stick with the ford for a year then go back to bmw when I can get insured on something insane! So hopefully I won't lose too much.

euan
30th January 2006, 06:08 PM
I think I'd like the noise of the ST - I've always liked those volvo engines. Nice and lazy and powerful, easy power!

I'm jealous - really think it looks a cracking bit of kit (and scarce - not seen one yet!)

Scottie
30th January 2006, 06:38 PM
I like the new STI sit behind one most morning in the Q on the Kessock Bridge:cool:

Also I like this car due out August I think. The Leon Cupra.:cool:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/6060123.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/ft008.jpg

zimbo
30th January 2006, 09:06 PM
Yup the new Leon Cupra looks really nice.... especially in red, just like the previous version did! :p

Duncan Stewart
30th January 2006, 10:11 PM
Congrats on the new Focus Adam, Cracking car :cool:
Whats with the roof bars and spotlights on the roof of the Leon!? :dead:, car looks good tho :p

Crombers
30th January 2006, 11:54 PM
'S' to a Focus. Mmmmmm !

Nice car sir but can see you passing other MINI's in a couple of months & thinking ............... have I done the right thing.

You'll be back ;)

Adam MCS
31st January 2006, 02:49 AM
Yep I'll no doubt be back to the mini scene at some point, which would make it mini number 4! But for now, I'm happy with the extra power of the focus. I think I'll miss the mini , once a mini lover, always a mini lover!