PDA

View Full Version : Sub & Amp

Melly
27th January 2006, 09:02 PM
Right, Im not really much good when it comes to car stuff...I know it has 4 wheels and you drive it :I......Got a sub box the other day for a 10" sub, where can i get a decent one to fit and an amp? I want it LOUD :D

Edit: moved to M,F&F forum.

Burple
27th January 2006, 11:30 PM
If you want to get technical.. ;) then you should really know the inside measurements of the box and buy a sub for which this is the optimum size..

Alternatively, if you're no too bothered about it being 'spot on' (in which case it will work perfectly well if it's 'close enough') then pretty much any 10" sub should do the job :D so long as it's for the type of box you have... Ported, Sealed or wotever.

I'd recommend you go for a well known brand to get the best sound too, something like Vibe, Kenwood, Alpine, Kicker, Pioneer etc.
You could always go to Halfrauds and ask to try out the different ones they have set up to see which type of sound you prefer :D
..and of course which one fits your pocket!
:D
Get an Amp which closely matches the power handling of the sub too, might be best (cheaper) to get a 2 channel amp which can be bridged to one channel for the sub... where the power of the 'bridged' channel is close - but not over- the power rating of the sub. phew. :D

Sorry it's not much help on the 'where to buy' question, but that's a few things that should help..

Melly
28th January 2006, 02:31 AM
So basically your saying i should let my other half sort it out? lol