PDA

View Full Version : JCW start button pic

Big Col
27th January 2006, 07:34 PM
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8400/mvc021s113si.jpg

Hopefully it's not just a black rubber button and it'll at least light up! :D

Cost is £115 for the parts and approx £80 labour according to the sales chimp.

Burple
27th January 2006, 07:41 PM
Hmm... looks a bit like a random pluke sitting there!

Is there room to put it on the plate the heated seats control is on?

:D

Big Col
27th January 2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah it totally looks like a "Buggar it we'll just stick it there" shot doesn't it.

I don't think there would be room on the heated seats plate but there might be room in the wee change holder slot just by the handbrake? You could even put a clear plastic cover over it. :D

The Dogfather
27th January 2006, 07:53 PM
Looks gash, come on what's wrong with a key start:evil:

sleepyrascal
27th January 2006, 08:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Yeah it totally looks like a "Buggar it we'll just stick it there" shot doesn't it.

I don't think there would be room on the heated seats plate but there might be room in the wee change holder slot just by the handbrake? You could even put a clear plastic cover over it. :D

I would want a red aluminium flap to cover mine!! DANGER ZONE!!!!:D

Scottie
27th January 2006, 08:07 PM
well I like it:cool: but I would ;) Have the push button start on my 1 series which is in the same position although the 1'er's button looks a bit more flush and says start on it can't rememeber if it lights up at night.

Burple
27th January 2006, 08:12 PM
quote:

I would want a red aluminium flap to cover mine!! DANGER ZONE!!!!:D

LOL @ Kenny Loggins there :D:D:D:cool::cool:

KenL
27th January 2006, 09:10 PM
What a load of rubbish this fashion is for a wee button to start your car :evil:

The one in the MINI looks such a cheap afterthought to me :eek:

Wul
27th January 2006, 09:12 PM
That looks like a sticky-onie thing you'd buy from halfrauds!! 8)

bpirie1000
27th January 2006, 09:23 PM
Funny thing is that YOU'LL STILL NEED A KEY.....................

POINT IN THIS?????

looks gash too.. In my Humble opinion.

Fitted a number of these before and there are better looking ones available.

NOT SO BIG............

Smurf
27th January 2006, 09:26 PM
Our racing car (sadly no longer with us :() had two switches and a button to start it.

Flick the fuel pump on, flick the ignition on, press the button - and VROOM!! :D

Very very cool, I always felt like some sort of jet fighter pilot starting the car that way. :I

However, the one on the Mini looks stuck on - the dash won't balance unless there's something in the same position on the other side of the speedo clock..... Might look better in the flesh, but I doubt it.

:(

Crombers
27th January 2006, 10:06 PM
Orrible :disapprove::dead:

Julz
27th January 2006, 10:30 PM
I don't think cars should have a start button unless they have an engine powerful enough to run an ocean liner! When we test drove the new civic it was very depressing starting the car with this wee button and hardly hearing the engine! Should be left for Astons and the like methinks!;):p:D

john
27th January 2006, 11:28 PM
It's BOGGIN!!!

If you really want a botton then someone on MINI2 has put the button in place of the lighter socket,much tidier than that monstrosity;)

Scottie
27th January 2006, 11:51 PM
Oh No am I the only one who likes it???:I:I and it's getting fitted next week but at least it will go with my pink furry dice that I recently bought to hang round me rear view.

Oh dear i've had start buttons on my last couple of other cars:I:I did nae ask for it they were just standard along with the keyless entry you kinda get used to having one:cool::cool:

MartinSullivan
28th January 2006, 01:01 AM
A lot of people on mini2 took the s2000 buttons and fitted them in the mirror control panel. Looked better than this and probably cheaper, but still a bit pointless

Mini Me
28th January 2006, 08:31 AM
Well i love it, but then.....you would expect me to say that:p

monkimagic
29th January 2006, 01:50 AM
This looks like a poor mans start button, there are so many other cool ones and as Martin said, a lot cheaper so they questions is, Who would ?

I Want A Works
29th January 2006, 04:27 AM
I got the start button on the Laguna along with the keycard. I don't have the keyless entry, cos I don't have the money to pay for the top of range model.

I like the start button especailly since I have the diesel I only have to hit the buttone then the car starts as soon as the fuel pump pressurises and the glo plugs warm the diesel up, but totally agree with the most of you that this ine from BMW looks like something that your 17 year old boy racer would buy from Halfords to stick in his pimped out Nova with a little printed sticker saying "STARTS THE LOVE MACHINE" on it!
And also seems 110% stupid that you need to put the key in with 1 hand them hit the start button with the other hand, but I suppose on the LHD card you'd only need to use 1 hand.

duncan
29th January 2006, 05:01 AM
So how do you take the steering lock off, turn the key, and press the button at the same time?
Grow a third arm?

The button start on cars these days are all gimmicks.
Whats next? Retro Starting handles?

Scottie
29th January 2006, 05:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

So how do you take the steering lock off, turn the key, and press the button at the same time?
Grow a third arm?

The button start on cars these days are all gimmicks.
Whats next? Retro Starting handles?

well on my 1'er which has the start button and keyless entry the steering lock releases automatic when you get in the car:cool::cool::cool:
don't know about the mini.

duncan
29th January 2006, 05:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
well on my 1'er which has the start button and keyless entry the steering lock releases automatic when you get in the car:cool::cool::cool:
don't know about the mini.

That makes sense! :)

markyc
29th January 2006, 05:30 AM
Hmmmm not the best lookin :disapprove:

ELFMAN
31st January 2006, 09:35 AM
Oh Dear... A hideous carbuncle of a thing which spoils the lines of that great dash. It's in the wrong place (ie not in the bin) and you still need the KEY! Like a broken pencil - POINTLESS. I hate to ask, how much is it?

ScottieCoop, you should have waited for the full 'JCW/Fisher Price Carbon Fibre Effect Activity Dashboard'. Only £800.00.

sh@z
31st January 2006, 10:15 AM
It seems like they are running out of new things to put on the options list, and are just settling for anything now :( You'd think they'd at least make it look good lol

euan
31st January 2006, 09:53 PM
I think it looks horrid. These things should be there for starting with a sense of drama, like in the Aston where it launches a HUGE engine.

Also, when I test drove and <coughs> stalled an S2000, tried turning the key for ages before I clicked that I had to hit the button......

But that looks awful, and for the money is hardly good value!

Nick
31st January 2006, 10:18 PM
yes i agree looks terrible......

now the smart car roadster brabus has a neat starter button on top of the gear knob!!

ELFMAN
31st January 2006, 10:36 PM
Looks like it's been voted out of the "Big Button House"!

Burple
31st January 2006, 11:15 PM
quote:

ScottieCoop, you should have waited for the full 'JCW/Fisher Price Carbon Fibre Effect Activity Dashboard'. Only £800.00.

Lol.. You owe me a new keyboard! I just sprayed coffee on mine! :D:D:D:D

(actually, never mind, I'll just get one of the spares out the 'Cupborad of Doom' :D:D)

sh@z
1st February 2006, 01:31 AM
Yeah the started button the McLaren Mercedes i drove on Sunday night is cool.... Now thats the kind of engine a starter button should be kept for!!!

ELFMAN
1st February 2006, 08:30 PM
Now that's just showing off! I'd be dead jealous, but I know I couldn't park it.... and you know what they say about cars with HUGE bonnets.....

Other great ideas for tasteless/useless
MINI add-ons:
Genuine 60's style "Slide Ezy" vinyl interior
with "Whiplash" bucket seats and "Fold-U-Up" lap belts.
Richard Grant front Spoiler (for all you 'Oldies') - guaranteed to lose 20mph from your top speed.
Michael Caine "Italian Job" One-Shot Rapid Remote Door-Opening Kit (warning - may contain explosives)

Any other ideas?