PDA

View Full Version : IPOD Kaput, Advice Please!

The Dogfather
25th January 2006, 08:19 PM
My IPOD is no longer working as the harddrive as packed in, it's about 3 years old. Question is do I replace the harddrive for £50 odd notes or go and buy a new one, probably a Nano?

BTW does anyone know if the Nano works with the Clarion and Alpine stereo adapters?

GAJ
25th January 2006, 08:29 PM
Replace it but not with a nano; what good is 4GB? Get a new 60GB one, you'll only regret buying a nano as your only ipod.

You'll be needing to replace the battery soon too, if you've not already done so which will cost you another 20 or 30 quid so probably best to bite the bullet and get a nice shiny video one!

The Dogfather
25th January 2006, 08:35 PM
I like the idea of only putting songs I want to listen to, at that moment in time, on the IPOD and whacking it on random play.

I'll just move them manually as and when needed.

Scottie
25th January 2006, 08:36 PM
my nano worked fine witth our ALpine however I've lost the dam thing and yesterday I got a 30gb photo video black ipod thingy and it's much better.:cool:

GAJ
25th January 2006, 09:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I like the idea of only putting songs I want to listen to, at that moment in time, on the IPOD and whacking it on random play.

I'll just move them manually as and when needed.

Do that in a playlist.

sleepyrascal
26th January 2006, 02:39 AM
I have the 4G Nano and it's fine for me. I don't have enough music to put on it and I have no burning desire to carry photos around on my Ipod either although the Nano can do this.

I like the nano. Its light, very small, great sound quality and cheaper than the bigger versions. I use it at the gym rather than my bigger Ipod as the bigger one used to pull my shorts down on the running machine LOL!!

If its for the car, then perhaps the bigger ipods are fine because you dont have to carry it around in your pocket etc.

GAJ
26th January 2006, 02:53 AM
I think the Nano is dead cool but I couldn't have it as my only iPod. 8500 songs in my pocket and growing . . .

The Dogfather
26th January 2006, 03:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

I think the Nano is dead cool but I couldn't have it as my only iPod. 8500 songs in my pocket and growing . . .

Your pocket?:D:p

I only really listen to newish stuff so I'm happy to keep most of my stuff on the PC and swap it as and when I want it.

I'll be getting an Nano black......

GAJ
26th January 2006, 03:23 AM
[Your pocket?:D:p

It was Apple's original iPod slogan. Looky here! (http://history.acusd.edu/gen/recording/ipod.html)

That's the same as my first iPod which is still going strong. (with a new battery.)

The Dogfather
26th January 2006, 03:58 AM
And I was surprised mine lasted 3 years! BTW the battery on mine still gave a good 6 hours of listening.

sleepyrascal
26th January 2006, 04:24 AM

And I was surprised mine lasted 3 years! BTW the battery on mine still gave a good 6 hours of listening.

I have one of Bonnie Scotlands 20G 3rd gen cast offs, and the battery is totally fine in it.:)

The Dogfather
26th January 2006, 05:29 AM
Sleepy any chance I could test out my Clarion Stereo with your Nano, I know the Alpine works but I can't find any info on the Clarion's compatibility:question:

Smitty
28th January 2006, 10:09 PM
I've got the new 30GB one and it does the job. Plenty of space for my mass amounts of tunes, and can do pictures and videos (still not used these features yet!!)

One complaint though, they scratch so easily. Didn't use my cover for the first couple of weeks and its ruined now:(:(

The Dogfather
29th January 2006, 01:15 AM
I got a Nano yesterday from PC World only 2Gb but it's enough for what I want.

It cost £124 and I got a free silicone skin cover plus a £15 itunes voucher, bit of a bargain really :D