PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!

The Dogfather
25th January 2006, 04:56 PM
As per Big Col's request!;)

Hi, I'm Paul.

I live in Turriff and work in Aberdeen, I own a LPG converted MINI Cooper.

I'm an easy going chap:evil:, very laid back :evil::evil:. I'm 6ft 2 slim with a good sense of humour :eek:

Big Col
25th January 2006, 05:03 PM
No no mate that's me you just describred, only I'm 6'6" not 6'2". :D

Smurf
25th January 2006, 05:08 PM
Glad to have you back on board Bad Dog! :D
I've missed the banter with you and the Lanky one!

:D

The Dogfather
25th January 2006, 05:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
No no mate that's me you just describred, only I'm 6'6" not 6'2". :D

Nope, I didn't mention numpty at any point! :p

Big Col
25th January 2006, 05:19 PM
Of course you never mentioned numpty mate. That's 'cos you were describing me and not yo...<blinks>...HEY!!! WHO YOU CALLING LANKY ONE STUMPS??? :evil:;):clown::)

The Dogfather
25th January 2006, 05:33 PM
Shut up or I'll let ya tyres doon, I know where you live! ;)

Gismo
25th January 2006, 05:35 PM
Ahh, normal service has been resumed ;)

Crombers
25th January 2006, 06:53 PM
"Oh the banter"

:):D:cool::p;):approve::kiss:

Wul
26th January 2006, 01:56 AM
Hey BDM - where you been hiding?

Col - you really don't like being called lanky! do ya? :p

The Dogfather
26th January 2006, 03:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Hey BDM - where you been hiding?

Col - you really don't like being called lanky! do ya? :p

Hiding? Nah just decided to take a break, then I went back home.

When I came back after New Year I started a new job so had to pretend to be hard working, so less NMS during the day from now on :eek:

The Dogfather
26th January 2006, 03:10 AM
Oh, I should thank Big Col, John, Minime and Crombers for dropping me an email/call to kick me out of my work induced stupor :I

Mini Me
26th January 2006, 04:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Oh, I should thank Big Col, John, Minime and Crombers for dropping me an email/call to kick me out of my work induced stupor :I

Oh dry yer eyes ya puff ,i only wanted you back to slag ye,ya big knob jockey :eek::blackeye::D:evil:;)

The Dogfather
26th January 2006, 05:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Oh dry yer eyes ya puff ,i only wanted you back to slag ye,ya big knob jockey :eek::blackeye::D:evil:;)

That's more like it, ya smirnoff ice drinking fanny!

Anyway I asked you a question via email about getting my car serviced at Menzies under TLC, given the fact its been converted to LPG, remember:question:

Mini Me
26th January 2006, 09:12 AM
think yer up a gum tree with the TLC mate, i did ask the question,much to the disbelief of the service dept.But i will return:p

Wot a bell end :evil::blackeye::eek::DLPG under TLC....lol

Big Col
26th January 2006, 04:30 PM

:D:D:D:D

I just missed stuff like this. ;)

The Dogfather
26th January 2006, 04:59 PM

Funny, I just assumed that you'd get abuse wherever you went:D

The Dogfather
26th January 2006, 05:03 PM
Wot a bell end :evil::blackeye::eek::DLPG under TLC....lol

I see that customer service course worked out well :D It's only a bloody oil change BTW.

Wul
26th January 2006, 05:26 PM
I thought the wording of the warranty and tlc basically meant that the modifiactions had to have a direct affect on the part/s being repaired/serviced - surely your tlc oil and brake fluid changes are still valid!?

Big Col
26th January 2006, 05:54 PM

I thought the wording of the warranty and tlc basically meant that the modifiactions had to have a direct affect on the part/s being repaired/serviced - surely your tlc oil and brake fluid changes are still valid...

...ya shower of loophole abusin' robbin' barstewards! :)

Crombers
26th January 2006, 07:24 PM

Funny, I just assumed that you'd get abuse wherever you went:D

He's even moved up to the NMS Capital in order to soak up even more insult & violation :eek:;):kiss:

Mini Me
27th January 2006, 04:38 AM

I thought the wording of the warranty and tlc basically meant that the modifiactions had to have a direct affect on the part/s being repaired/serviced - surely your tlc oil and brake fluid changes are still valid!?

Sorry buff boy :D any mod to the engine(linked to the fuel) invalidates it :blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::( I did ask......

The Dogfather
27th January 2006, 04:46 AM
So how much are you gonna charge for an oil service?

Mini Me
27th January 2006, 05:13 AM
am , no cavin, there must be a way round this [v][v]

Big Col
27th January 2006, 04:24 PM

am , no cavin, there must be a way round this [v][v]

Translation : The service department said "Of course we can still do a TLC on it Iain ya spanner! The wording of the warranty and tlc basically mean that the modifications have to have a direct affect on the part/s being repaired/serviced so obviously the tlc oil and brake fluid changes are still valid!!!" and Iain just said that they couldn't to make himself look good when he "convinces" the service dept to do it.

I'm wise to you sales monkey!;)

MartinSullivan
27th January 2006, 04:55 PM
Im pretty sure technically TLC is voided by any mod - where as warrenty is only affected on parts that have been replaced or as a direct result of a replacement/modified part. However lots of us have retained their tlc after carrying out extensive mods to the car.

Wul
27th January 2006, 04:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Im pretty sure technically TLC is voided by any mod - where as warrenty is only affected on parts that have been replaced or as a direct result of a replacement/modified part. However lots of us have retained their tlc after carrying out extensive mods to the car.

How does that figure when you have to pay £100 for it(TLC) - you have paid for the service so you're entitled to it!

Big Col
27th January 2006, 05:27 PM
Yeah but you pay £100 to get the service done on a standard car. If you choose to change it from standard then you're no longer asking them to service what you agreed to pay for. If you buy a ticket to fly on the monday you can't expect to fly on the tuesday. Just playing devil's advocate of course. :)

The Dogfather
27th January 2006, 05:30 PM
The service will still be a standard service, no special parts will be used. In fact it might actually be cheaper for BMW to service my car as it won't ever need an air filter.

Wul
27th January 2006, 06:13 PM
Yeah but you pay £100 to get the service done on a standard car. If you choose to change it from standard then you're no longer asking them to service what you agreed to pay for. If you buy a ticket to fly on the monday you can't expect to fly on the tuesday. Just playing devil's advocate of course. :)

So define a "standard car" then col - if that was the case then does putting shell optimax or BP ultimate in the tank constitute a modification compared to normal unleaded? With a range of options as long as your arm the definition of standard would be a beezer!!

And with regards to your comparison - you book your services at pre-defined mileages - the process carried out to the car is the same - the service has been paid for - it has nothing to do with changing the parameters of the service provided as you've implied above. So if they refuse to carry out a service which has been paid for they should at least refund the £100!

Don't you just love a good contractual debate!! lol! :p;):)

Big Col
27th January 2006, 06:34 PM
It's a standard list of pre defined BMW options mate. The options list itself defines what they consider to be acceptable standard options. They also define what fuel you can use in the manual don't they and the higher RON petrol is mentioned?

The parameters of the service also has changed since BMW make it clear that you're paying £100 for the work to be carried out on a standard car. Regardless of whether the work is the same you've broken the agreement by modding it.

They'd have to be complete w@nkers to use that argument though as I agree with you, they're using the same parts and carring out the same work (assuming the LPG mod doesn't change anything within the engine compartment of the MINI, which I doubt it does) So whilst I don't think they're obliged to pay anything back they should carry out the service or henceforth be known as A1 jobbies!

Rather oddly I hate contractual debates in work as they're so tedious but it's more fun on here. :)

The Dogfather
27th January 2006, 06:56 PM
Actually there's quite a few additions under the bonnet, Gas Injectors, LPG Vapouriser, S-spec air filter, LPG ECU and additional pipes hoses. The standard system still remains in place though.

I'm not bothered about paying for the service in order to keep the warranty valid on the bits of the car not modded. However it might actually end up cheaper just to buy an after market warranty that covers the whole car and use the guy who did the conversion.

Mini Me
28th January 2006, 08:35 AM

Actually there's quite a few additions under the bonnet, Gas Injectors, LPG Vapouriser, S-spec air filter, LPG ECU and additional pipes hoses.

Oh dear :disapprove: