PDA

View Full Version : Induction Kit in Cooper K&N

S7JGW
24th January 2006, 10:22 PM
I have recently got a K&N induction kit for my cooper from a friend who works in a garage.
It is second hand and the instruction are for a Mini One D. He said it was on a Cooper before and they took it out and put in standard airbox for selling.
The number is 57-0515
Anyone know if its a Cooper one with Mini D fitting instuctions. Or if its a Mini D kit has anyone done it before?
Jim

Craig
24th January 2006, 10:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by S7JGW

I have recently got a K&N induction kit for my cooper from a friend who works in a garage.
It is second hand and the instruction are for a Mini One D. He said it was on a Cooper before and they took it out and put in standard airbox for selling.
The number is 57-0515
Anyone know if its a Cooper one with Mini D fitting instuctions. Or if its a Mini D kit has anyone done it before?
Jim

a search on that part number shows it is for an Audi A4 2.7 :question: :question: I would get it checked before going any further...:D

GAJ
25th January 2006, 12:11 AM
The model you want is the 57-0331. Fitting instructions for the Cooper can be found here (http://www.filterpower.co.uk/kn_induction/files/57-0331.pdf).

Sometimes the differences between different models are minimal but if the pipework on yours seems radically different from what is shown on those instructions I'd take it back for a refund.

S7JGW
25th January 2006, 02:44 AM
Ah ive put in the wrong number Its 57-0510 dunno why ive got 5 down instead of 0.
Seems to be the same kit but without a bend.
Jim

GAJ
25th January 2006, 03:43 AM
That's the kit for the ONE D. It's not got a bend as it fits in a totally different place in the diesel than it does in the Cooper.

I wouldn't fit that in my car; they make two models with two different designs for a reason.