PDA

View Full Version : TVAdvice

Big Col
19th January 2006, 04:16 PM
Me new flat up here in Abz has got a TV about this size I<----->I so can anyone offer any advice on where's a good place to get a new one without breaking the bank:question: Any help gratefully appreciated. :)

Wul
19th January 2006, 05:15 PM
Wait till the TV shop closes and purchase an engineering brick for £0.18 and that should be the cheapest way - unless you can find a free brick!! :p;)

Big Col
19th January 2006, 05:27 PM
What is it with you Quantity Surveyors and bricks??? They're your solution for everything! :)

Now...does anyone have any SERIOUS addvice?

ny152
19th January 2006, 05:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Now...does anyone have any SERIOUS addvice?

Asda or Tesco?

euan
19th January 2006, 05:48 PM
CostCo at Westhill?

euan
19th January 2006, 05:50 PM
Actually, sorry for going off topic - did you get the flat we spoke about?

Scottie
19th January 2006, 06:04 PM
Colin, what is the minium size you would have ?????

Big Col
19th January 2006, 06:09 PM
I'm in the process of crossing the t's as we speak Euan mate. :) That's another beer I owe an NMS member. :D

SC I'm not really sure until I've looked at them but 28" is looking like the minimum. I'd prefer larger though...obviously. (No innuendo you lot!!!) :p

Scottie
19th January 2006, 06:28 PM
I'm in the process of crossing the t's as we speak Euan mate. :) That's another beer I owe an NMS member. :D

SC I'm not really sure until I've looked at them but 28" is looking like the minimum. I'd prefer larger though...obviously. (No innuendo you lot!!!) :p

ok that's a big telly then. Just asked as I have a couple LCD TV's spare you could have had a shot of but there tiny ones <---> more than likely the size you were looking at.

Gismo
19th January 2006, 06:38 PM
How much we talking Col, i'm seriously considering getting another Hi Def plasma for my games room
I have a 42" Sony plasma complete with stand and yet another stand (not dedicated) for it to sit on that i would sell
I wouldn't need all the cash for it in one go, could maybe spread it over a few months etc to help you out
Send me an e-mail if you're really interested and wanting pictures of it

GAJ
19th January 2006, 06:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
Just asked as I have a couple LCD TV's spare you could have had a shot of but there tiny ones <---> more than likely the size you were looking at.

SC I've been looking for a wee LCD TV for a while, just to stick in the bedroom. Can you let me know the details and what you're looking for price wise. I could be interested if it is cheap enough.:I PM me if you don't want to post here.:p

Scottie
19th January 2006, 06:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
Just asked as I have a couple LCD TV's spare you could have had a shot of but there tiny ones <---> more than likely the size you were looking at.

SC I've been looking for a wee LCD TV for a while, just to stick in the bedroom. Can you let me know the details and what you're looking for price wise. I could be interested if it is cheap enough.:I PM me if you don't want to post here.:p

Yip sure will I'll check it out when I'm home tonight.

Big Col
19th January 2006, 07:03 PM
PM sent ALan mate. :D

Gismo
19th January 2006, 07:58 PM
PM sent Alan mate. :D
E-mail sent back :)

Big Col
19th January 2006, 08:29 PM
<reads email> <passes out> :)

bpirie1000
19th January 2006, 08:57 PM
you got one then. Bugga I was keeping an eye out see where you get your because I want one to..

Anyone else. got any Idea's??

Or is it a trip around the Stores again.. Boaring..
"can I help you walk out alittle lighter on the wallet sir"

Damn them

Burple
19th January 2006, 09:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

you got one then. Bugga I was keeping an eye out see where you get your because I want one to..

Anyone else. got any Idea's??

Or is it a trip around the Stores again.. Boaring..
"can I help you walk out alittle lighter on the wallet sir"

Damn them

No No No..
Currys, Comet etc.. that's where you got to try out stuff, to see if it will break... ;)

Then you search out the ones you like and buy it much cheaper! :cool::D

Have you had a look at Minime's post in 'For Sale' thread - http://www.add2it.co.uk ?
:)

Gismo
19th January 2006, 09:52 PM
If you want quality equipment, Robert Ritchie in Montrose is the place, all delivered and set up in your house included in the sale price, also any cables all supplied etc

Col, you have more e-mail :p pick yourself up off the floor ;)

Big Col
19th January 2006, 10:10 PM
I do? <Col picks himself up and staggers over to check email> :)

bpirie1000
19th January 2006, 11:15 PM
Montrose Need a passport to get there don't you..

hee hee does he have a web site??

Might get a trip down tehre this weekend

Gismo
19th January 2006, 11:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000
Hee hee does he have a web site??

Yes he does, but, it's not been kept up to date, i've just come back from there after connecting my Xbox to many HD TV's :cool:
New Sony ordered, so, original Sony for sale

Smitty
19th January 2006, 11:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

If you want quality equipment, Robert Ritchie in Montrose is the place, all delivered and set up in your house included in the sale price, also any cables all supplied etc

AGREED:D

Set up mum n dads TV with surround sound. Did an ace job, even wired in my playstation and left cables for plugging in iPod and laptop.:approve:

You pay a little extra for the items themselves, but its worth it for the service! No more expensive than comet etc.

Scottie
20th January 2006, 01:09 AM
well if you don't live near Montrose then try shop@panasonic.

Panasonic top quality stuff much better than Sony IMHO. Sorry:I well I'm just saying disnae mean Sony is crap though.http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/gayfight.gif

Oop's http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/takecover.gif I'm offhttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/zoom.gif

macblob
20th January 2006, 05:06 AM
This is the 32 inch lcd tv im looking at, can get it for about £700 online.
http://www.sharp.co.uk/Product.aspx?ID=1069
Gets pretty good reviews on the AV Forums.