PDA

View Full Version : CD Stuck!!

Smitty
19th January 2006, 03:49 AM
Well, theres a CD stuck in the CD player. Go to eject it and it just clicks and clicks. Phoned the dealer and their taking it 2mrw, said it should take two minutes to pull out which seems about right

BUT

They said that if it is a "copied" CD it may void warrenty and we will have to pay for them to remove it or to fix it if its broken. Why is this? Is this true? :eek:

I mean, its an MP3 player aswell, it must be able to handle copied CD's, and it really shouldn't void the warrenty:dead:

Gismo
19th January 2006, 04:05 AM
Check the manual, if it says it can play CD-r's then it will be covered by warranty

john
19th January 2006, 04:17 AM
whats the logic there then are copied cd's a different shape or something??:D

Smitty
19th January 2006, 04:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

whats the logic there then are copied cd's a different shape or something??:D

Exactly, same thing is it not, be different if i had tried to shove a DVD in, or even a good old cassestte tape!!:p

Plus, if its an MP3 CD player, then you can't buy MP3 CD's, they have to be made on your computer, therefore being "copied":mad:

mikeythemini
19th January 2006, 05:19 AM
There problem with 'copied' cd's maybe the ones with homemade stick on labels - these are a major cause of cd problems as the peel with heat

Smitty
19th January 2006, 08:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by mikeythemini

There problem with 'copied' cd's maybe the ones with homemade stick on labels - these are a major cause of cd problems as the peel with heat

yup, it did have a stick on label on it. And it obviusly come off, or half off n stoppin it ejecting. But the main worry is why this is voiding warrenty. Cuz if it does, there gona charge a huge pile to fit a new one.

Probably be better off buying a 2nd hand one and fittin myself. Any advice would be welcome!!:D

GAJ
19th January 2006, 08:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smitty
Probably be better off buying a 2nd hand one and fittin myself. Any advice would be welcome!!:D

If it is caused by a label coming off then I think you would be lucky for them not to charge you for the repair, after all, the problem wouldn't be due to a faulty player.

If you decide you want to buy a 2nd hand unit give me shout.

Gismo
19th January 2006, 09:34 AM
If it's as bad as you say with the label coming off, you may be able to grab hold of the disk with a pair of tweesers and simply force the cd out by pulling on it.
The fact the player is trying to eject the disk means that the release mechanism has been activated
Worst case is you damage the disk, but not the player, providing there are no obvious marks you may be eligible for a new player under warranty because the disk you now have installed without a label simply won't come out ;)

Big Col
19th January 2006, 04:00 PM
But wont some of the label likely still be stuck inside the player?

Smitty
19th January 2006, 11:50 PM
Well mums at the garage just now with it, so i'll let you's no what happens when she gets in contact!

But told her, the minute they start talking about replacimg the unit, and not under warrenty, to get on the phone to me, there no doing that! Be hellish prices im guessing:p

Smitty
21st January 2006, 03:55 AM
Panick over, the CD ejected the next morning no problem so didnt even have to go to the dealer. WEIRD!!

Thats the last time i put a copied CD with a label in it, thats for sure!!

gill
21st January 2006, 11:12 PM
Whew !!! :D