PDA

View Full Version : New GP on Ebay

Mini Me
18th January 2006, 05:49 AM
Just a quick word peep. There has been trouble brewing for a couple off weeks now regarding GP build slots on EBay:eek::eek:
MINI GB, have had them removed bar one thay have traced to the scottish region. The sh1t is about to hit the fan with this, so if anyone does happen to know who it is,get them to call me before someone gets in bother :blackeye::eek:;)

£5k for build slots, that are still available(some people):mad:

Scottie
18th January 2006, 05:52 AM
well I can tell you 100% it's not me. I could nae keep a secret from you anyway.:kiss::kiss: I got all excited for a mo thought you had a update on the GP like it was getting a rear window wiper.

john
18th January 2006, 06:01 AM
You Bar Steward I was all excited there too for a mo:blackeye:

Its not me either:)

jamiec
18th January 2006, 06:15 AM
There was an add on ebay and the guy had ordered his from the dealers in Irvine.

AndyP & Lenore
18th January 2006, 06:22 AM
Ian, I can guarantee you it's not us either. I wouldn't do that to you. ;)

Mini Me
18th January 2006, 06:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

you better no even have one on order, or we will be avin words :eek::blackeye::evil:

AndyP & Lenore
18th January 2006, 06:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

you better no even have one on order, or we will be avin words :eek::blackeye::evil:

ROFLMAO :D:D:D

Brian_Cooper_S
18th January 2006, 06:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by jamiec

There was an add on ebay and the guy had ordered his from the dealers in Irvine.

Yeah that is the same as the add I saw! Think the guy was from Dalry!

jamesp
19th January 2006, 11:04 PM
Can I ask - why is it a problem that somebody is trying to sell a build slot?

Crombers
19th January 2006, 11:17 PM
<takes cover>

Smitty
19th January 2006, 11:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

<takes cover>

PMSL:D:D

Mini Me
20th January 2006, 04:59 AM
well you see ,i would need to get all LEGAL on your ass, and that aint a good thing :p....
Procedures to be followed, forms that are filled in at point off order with the customer details mean that the car WILL be registered to them and no one else etc....

minimadtez
25th January 2006, 08:47 AM
*doesnt understand the problem*

Stays out :I

sleepyrascal
25th January 2006, 08:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by minimadtez

Well its similar to folk that buy xboxs with the single intent of selling them at profit.

People are buying built slots for the GP. ONce all the build slots are gone, demand out-weighs supply so people who bought the build slots have leverage to sell the slots at a profit to those who really want one. Genius.... eh.... i mean.... god dam creeps!! :D

minimadtez
25th January 2006, 08:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Well its similar to folk that buy xboxs with the single intent of selling them at profit.

People are buying built slots for the GP. ONce all the build slots are gone, demand out-weighs supply so people who bought the build slots have leverage to sell the slots at a profit to those who really want one. Genius.... eh.... i mean.... god dam creeps!! :D

Still dont see a problem with it.....however, cant afford a 'slot' anyway, so i wont be getting myself into trouble. :D

jamesp
26th January 2006, 12:26 AM
Why is it not ok to make a profit out of gp?

I am totally confused by this, just open up the sunday papers and you will see plenty of Astons & Ferrari up for sale at over list. There is nothing wrong with this at all. A local dealer to Edinburgh is selling 2 Aston V8 Vantages for £8k over list.

I bet there are a few punters speculating on the new M3 & Z4 Coupe - surely a dealership will take the order without any questions because every customer for limited models such as these has the potential to be in it for a quick buck. If somebody is willing to take the risk on ordering a car to try and make a profit good on them.

Gismo
26th January 2006, 12:37 AM
I can't see why this is a problem when BMW often have the build slots sold on by their customers, mostly due to excess slipping delivery dates etc
Can someone explain why it is such a huge problem :question:

sleepyrascal
26th January 2006, 02:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I can't see why this is a problem when BMW often have the build slots sold on by their customers, mostly due to excess slipping delivery dates etc
Can someone explain why it is such a huge problem :question:

Bonnie why is it ok to do this with a GP but not an XBOX 360?

If you bought a build slot but later decide you dont want it, you should sell it on for the price you paid and any expenses you had associated with buying the slot. You don't ebay it for massive profit.

Gismo
26th January 2006, 02:55 AM
I was waiting for this, my point about the Xbox was simply aimed at the NMS site, we have a friendly community here, to try and sell anything at a greatly increased mark up goes against the spirit of the forum's and friendliness, in my opinion anyway :)
However, eBay has nowt to do with me and i would actively encourage anyone to try and make as much as they can on there, that's what eBay is all about

The Dogfather
26th January 2006, 02:57 AM
I don't why either is a problem, supply and demand and all that. Blame the manufacters for creating the demand but not the supply, if someone is willing to pay the price then thats fair. There's nothing wrong with a bit of entrepreneurial speculation.

If the Xbox 360 had turned out to be a pile of crap then the person buying one to sell on would be in the doo doo. A lot of people may have cut their losses on the GP before BMW upped the spec and power.

Scottie
26th January 2006, 04:08 AM
I don't know why it is a problem. However I think it has something to do with BMW and the bit paper that the dealer send down saying that Fiona Thorne has order a GP and paid a deposit of £££ I have now entered in to a contract with BMW. I imagine this will be legal kinda thing so really when the car comes to the dealer they should register it in my name but if I have sold my slot to someone on ebay I don't really know how the dealer would be placed although I dare say there are ways to get round it.

I could be completely wrong though.

Mini Me
26th January 2006, 04:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I don't know why it is a problem. However I think it has something to do with BMW and the bit paper that the dealer send down saying that Fiona Thorne has order a GP and paid a deposit of £££ I have now entered in to a contract with BMW. I imagine this will be legal kinda thing so really when the car comes to the dealer they should register it in my name but if I have sold my slot to someone on ebay I don't really know how the dealer would be placed although I dare say there are ways to get round it.

I could be completely wrong though.

Spot on nearly..... Your details are logged by BMW when you order the car, and that is the only name the car will be registered in.You can buy the GP, then sell it,if you want.
But if you do want out of your slot,you must ask the dealer for your deposit back, and the new customer must have his/her details logged.......
There are legal implications toward the dealer,which i have read , and didn't quite understand.....(awaits comments) :eek:;)

sleepyrascal
26th January 2006, 04:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I was waiting for this, my point about the Xbox was simply aimed at the NMS site, we have a friendly community here, to try and sell anything at a greatly increased mark up goes against the spirit of the forum's and friendliness, in my opinion anyway :)
However, eBay has nowt to do with me and i would actively encourage anyone to try and make as much as they can on there, that's what eBay is all about

lol:D

guess your right. It's just not something I would do. I must just be to nice a guy!!!! :D:D

minimadtez
26th January 2006, 04:40 AM
hmmmmmm

Mini Me
26th January 2006, 04:49 AM
hmmmmmm

What does that mean :question:

sleepyrascal
26th January 2006, 05:04 AM

hmmmmmm

I have a funny feeling it means, "hmmmmmm, I know sleepyrascal, and he aint a nice guy!! "

:D

minimadtez
26th January 2006, 05:49 AM

hmmmmmm

I have a funny feeling it means, "hmmmmmm, I know sleepyrascal, and he aint a nice guy!! "

Thats exactly what it means! haha
no, i say that when i dont know what to say, or how to word what i want to say! basically, i cant see what the fuss is all about.....if someone buys a 'slot' then sells it, or the car.....then more fool the person who pays more than they need to......its the way of it, same goes for concert tickets, new games consoles etc etc etc.....dont see why a car is any different....happened with the minis when they first came out, and then with the cabriolets......

thats my opinion anyway

sleepyrascal
26th January 2006, 07:21 AM

hmmmmmm

Thats exactly what it means! haha
no, i say that when i dont know what to say, or how to word what i want to say! basically, i cant see what the fuss is all about.....if someone buys a 'slot' then sells it, or the car.....then more fool the person who pays more than they need to......its the way of it, same goes for concert tickets, new games consoles etc etc etc.....dont see why a car is any different....happened with the minis when they first came out, and then with the cabriolets......

thats my opinion anyway

Sorry Tez. I just feel that people who buy slots with the sole intention to sell at profit on a site such as Ebay is discriminatory and realistically invites only an 'elitist' minority who can afford to pay ‘above the odds’ for the car.

However I do now feel that it is not so much the fault of those actually doing the selling on Ebay. As some have pointed out it is simply entrepreneurial which is totally fine. But I still feel it is a blanket oversight by those who are at the base of the supply chain. BMW!

The Dogfather
26th January 2006, 07:33 AM
You could also say that the fact that people are able to sell a build slot on at a profit means the used values the GP will be pretty bomb proof.

We all know that the MINI holds it's value like no other car (OK, apart from a boxster and few others), which is a great bonus for us the owners......

Perhaps we shouldn't be condemning BMW for not over-supplying the market.

sleepyrascal
26th January 2006, 07:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

You could also say that the fact that people are able to sell a build slot on at a profit means the used values the GP will be pretty bomb proof.

We all know that the MINI holds it's value like no other car (OK, apart from a boxster and few others), which is a great bonus for us the owners......

Perhaps we shouldn't be condemning BMW for not over-supplying the market.

Not sure if that was in reference to what I said about BMW being at fault as they are the base of the supply chain. However to clarify, I do not think the supply of the GP should be increased as it is a special edition, nor do I think the supply of any other MINI should be increased.

I was suggesting that perhaps the fact that the build slots are being fiffled away on Ebay at profit is the fault of BMW not linking the individual buyer to the specific car they put a deposit on. This makes the build slots less attractive to people who wish to sell the car on at profit as they would either have to buy the car in its entirety, or demand the 3rd buyer pays the full amount up front.

Anyway, I need to go check Ebay and see how many bids I have on my built slot... OH SH*T!! :D

minimadtez
27th January 2006, 08:05 AM
We all know that the MINI holds it's value like no other car (OK,
Anyway, I need to go check Ebay and see how many bids I have on my built slot... OH SH*T!! :D

Highest bidder = me! oops :approve: