PDA

View Full Version : PC Buffs

N12 JLK
18th January 2006, 05:41 AM
Please help , have bought a new Olympus camera and have taken some nice pics of my car, when loading the pics onto the pc it stores them on a olmpus programme and wont allow me to put them onto photobucket.com to then post on here. My other camera allowed me to host them in my documents but this doesnt:( help , ok im a computer dunce.

sleepyrascal
18th January 2006, 05:45 AM
When you connect your camera, if the olympus software opens, close it!

then go to the start menu, my computer, and your camera should be listed there. (It might be listed as an additional drive i.e B drive)

double click on the camera name.

this will open a window with all your files (photos).

drag them all on to the desktop or to a folder, wherever you want them saved.

then you should be able to access them for hosting.

AndyP & Lenore
18th January 2006, 05:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

Please help , have bought a new Olympus camera and have taken some nice pics of my car, when loading the pics onto the pc it stores them on a olmpus programme and wont allow me to put them onto photobucket.com to then post on here. My other camera allowed me to host them in my documents but this doesnt:( help , ok im a computer dunce.

OK.

You should be able to view your photies on your camera using Windows Explorer. When you plug your camera into the PC with Windows Explorer open it should recognise your camera as a "removable disk". Once it does this just click on it to open the "contents" of this "disk". You should be able to see the files - if not the actual pictures at this point. Then just drag the photies into whatever folder you want to on your hard drive - including "My Documents".

If this doesn't work or doesn't make sense, give me a call, I'll gladly help.

PM on the way with my mobby number.

Andrew

euan
18th January 2006, 06:41 PM
As an aside, and one for everyone, download Picassa! (google Picassa, it's a Google thing)

Best piece of free software to manage your digital photos I've ever seen. The red eye reduction is just awesome. So easy! You can set up labels, which is my favourite thing, so you can group all your photos by shooting date, and then group them together by applying labels. So you can group every photo which has a mini it, without having to duplicate the photos, or move them in any way!