PDA

View Full Version : Portobello Road .... was that you GAJ

weefossy
19th October 2003, 01:55 AM
:question:Gaj, was it you we saw on Friday (4.00pm ish) at the Portobello Road roundabout. We were heading to Dunedin to try and arrange a test drive in their Works "S". Were you on returning from a similar mision??:approve::approve:
They didn't take to my suggestion that I test drove it next weekend (via Skye););)

GAJ
19th October 2003, 05:02 AM
It would have been me! Didn't see you though, sorry!

I was coming back from Abercrombies body shop after getting another quote to repair the bump in my door. My insurers rejected Dunedin's quote saying the labour costs are too high. Abercrombies quote is £100 more though so I think they might be changing their minds!:clown:

macblob
20th October 2003, 02:27 AM
I saw u aswell Gaj , i was walking out of the industrial estate as u drove in , my wee coop was in apex getting the roof decals done, i waved but u were away in the land of gaj :D:D

weefossy
20th October 2003, 02:55 AM
Don't know what everyone else thinks GAJ, but I wouldn't rush to Dunedin. Our first Cooper went in, to get an original paint flaw fixed and they resprayed the wrong wing !! We had to have both wings re-done. Maybe just an off day at Wallyford.

GAJ
20th October 2003, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the advice. I had to take the car back to Wallyford after they replaced my bumper as it was rattling, I dont thing they bothered using all the fasteners! The paint job is top notch though.

Sorry I didn't see you Brian. I was in a right rush on Friday. I finished up at my job at lunchtime and I had loads of stuff to do in the afternoon before I went to the pub to celebrate! I start the new job tomorrow - I should have left it a week, I could do with doing nowt for a few days!

macblob
20th October 2003, 04:40 AM
No Bother, good luck with the new job, hope it goes well, im sure we will see how ur doing next weekend

Kirsty
9th November 2003, 09:04 PM
I recently had to get my rear passenger side pannel resprayed as it had bubbled!! Took it to Dunedin, car then went to Wallyford. Went to pick it up at 5pm, needed to be back in Fife for 6pm, thought I might just make it!! BUT they had forgotten to pick my mini up from Wallyford!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the guys had to drive me to Wallyford to pick it up, got back to Fife at 6.45pm!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think I might use the guys up in Kirkcaldy for anything else in the future cause Dunedin also didn't fix my flashing tyre pressure light which I have told them about three times now!!! So yes another mini avoiding Dunedin!!!