PDA

View Full Version : bluefin chip

bobafet
17th January 2006, 01:58 AM
has anyone fitted this chip to their mini?

got it today, says i have to connect it to the port under the steering wheel, it says to remove a pannel, ive done that but cant find the port.

i have removed the front panell under the steering wheel which has the little tray for storing things, is this the right one?

bobafet!!

Burple
17th January 2006, 02:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by bobafet

has anyone fitted this chip to their mini?

got it today, says i have to connect it to the port under the steering wheel, it says to remove a pannel, ive done that but cant find the port.

i have removed the front panell under the steering wheel which has the little tray for storing things, is this the right one?

bobafet!!

Nope... 'Fraid not!

The actual steering column itself is where you should be looking if I remember correctly...
Near where the adjuster is for the height of the steering wheel :D

MartinSullivan
17th January 2006, 02:16 AM
No, get your head under the sterring column and you will see a little flap (with a little finger slot on later cars) - pull that down and you will reveal a socket that matches the plug on the bluefin

AN03REW
17th January 2006, 02:32 AM
its a flap about 2inch by 3inch. it goes right in. and youl have your 30 bhp. lets us know how you like it!

bobafet
17th January 2006, 03:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by AN03REW

its a flap about 2inch by 3inch. it goes right in. and youl have your 30 bhp. lets us know how you like it!

did you have any bother when putting it in?

ive found where it goes plugged it in, all was fine it saved my settings, then an error code came up c065.

its then saying car is imobilsed??so ive called lohen, they#ll bell superchips in the morning as they close at 5pm

just wondered if you had any trouble getting yours to work?

T6 KFR
17th January 2006, 08:44 PM
You should have just went for the MTH remap Bobafet

;)

Sorry cant help you.

AN03REW
18th January 2006, 02:36 AM
yes i had bother. i sent it back and got a new 1 cause the unit was falty! u should try it a few times thats what super chips told me to do. remember turn your key to the second notch when it tells you to turn ignition on. once i installed it. ive never had a problem since!! i was craping myself like. but remember superchips still cover your warrenty. so your safe!

bobafet
18th January 2006, 08:41 AM
its cool, i called them and sent it back today they are sending me a new one, or they are going to sort the probelm with that one
cheers

AN03REW
18th January 2006, 09:08 AM
cool well tell us once youve had a run with it. you put your foot dont waitin for the power, then boom it hits you about 4 to 5 1000rpm

bobafet
24th January 2006, 02:13 AM
sorted, once it hits 4000 revs it goes likt s$£t really good.
spot on