PDA

View Full Version : Megiuars NXT

Burple
13th January 2006, 12:47 AM
Hey Mr buffmeister...

So is this stuff really as good as all the reports? :p

Reason is... I was in HellFrauds the other day, and I spotted a goodie back of Meguiars kit for £34.99 (should have been £40) - all in free Meguiars Coolbag - which is a PERFECT fit for the Mini boot! It it there's some NXT shampoo, polish and glass cleaner, as well as polish applicator and wash mitt (fun! :D). Yeah.. so I gave in and bought it, along with a nice big Meguiars 'shammy and some Microfibre cloths...
So far I've only managed to use the shampoo, and by crikey it smells yummy! :D

Now all I need is some nice(r) weather to go try it all out!

Wul
13th January 2006, 12:51 AM
Try it out and Ewan - the secret to it is not to use too much as you then have to try and buff it back off - I think on your BEP it will work a treat! :cool:

Big Gordy
14th January 2006, 05:13 AM
That's how I got my Maguires stuff Euan:D It all came in a nice red bucket :p:D:approve:

euan
15th January 2006, 07:10 PM
NXT does smell great, and it comes up a treat - I'm off to Halfrauds now to see if I can get this bag as well!

Burple
16th January 2006, 11:18 PM
Hope you can resist the urge to drink it!! :p:D It smells luvverly!

And wit a bit of luck I might even get a chance to try out the polish next week! :D:D

nylo
25th April 2006, 06:57 AM
Must say I like the NXT stuff a lot. Usually end up with 2 layers on the MINI:cool:. My only gripe is that it's not that hard wearing/long lasting :( Actually, that's not a major gripe, coz I actually really enjoy waxing it :)

Mark R
25th April 2006, 07:49 AM
I think the NXT stuff works great. Not a big fan of the glass cleaner though. Fine for the inside of the glass but on the outside all it seems to do is leave windows streaky when using the wipers.

Burple
25th April 2006, 06:23 PM
Slathered some on Sunday past... Mmmmmm smells yummy! :cool:

And what a shine! :cool::cool: Have to get some on ma heid! :p

Next question.. what's the best thing to use to get rid of seagull ploppies? I washed some off, but it seems to have left a mark :(
Also.. what would be best for cleaning the back of the car, where all the crap fromthe road and the exhaust gets thrown up? I've noticed some tiny lumps that seem welded to the paint...

Big Col
25th April 2006, 06:33 PM
Steel wool mate! That'll get it all off. :)

Mon the fish
26th April 2006, 03:34 AM
At the Meguiars section in Hallfrauds, get the 'Quik Clay' stuff. Absolutely fantastic at cleaning the paintwork.

One question though - I've used it a few times now. and my clay bar is pretty mucky. Where can I get a nice new one:question:

macblob
26th April 2006, 04:35 AM
You can buy clay bars online mate.

http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=clay+bar&x=0&y=0&search_in_description=1
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb111clean.html

The Dogfather
26th April 2006, 04:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Slathered some on Sunday past... Mmmmmm smells yummy! :cool:

And what a shine! :cool::cool: Have to get some on ma heid! :p

Next question.. what's the best thing to use to get rid of seagull ploppies? I washed some off, but it seems to have left a mark :(

On ya head, eeeeewwwww! :question: :D

Wul
27th April 2006, 04:32 AM
Aye -clay bar is the biz - be careful though - if you drop it - then bin it! A wee tip is to break it into three bits - that way if you drop a bit you still have a back-up.

The next clay bar i am gonna try is the new sonus one - it is claimed to be the least abrasive one going at present but still pulls off the tar spots etc! this (http://store.bettercarcare.com/son-3200-2.html) one :)

Remember folks - save that quick detailer for making your car all shiney and use a double strength wash mix to lube the clay bar.

Wul
27th April 2006, 04:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Next question.. what's the best thing to use to get rid of seagull ploppies?

LnL - keep a bottle of quick detailer in the car for removing the offending mess between washes.

Unfortunately if the mark is still there after washing then it's etched your clear coat(bird poo is acidic) and the best you can do is have a go at the etching with some scratch X or similar.

I have a permanent etch on the back bumper of mine which won't shift so only keeping the wax well topped up seems to hide it!