PDA

View Full Version : Info Required

Craig
12th January 2006, 04:20 AM
I need some help from Aberdeen area people (or caravanners in general;))

I am looking at going up to Aberdeen in Apr and taking the caravan. I know there is a caravan club site in banchory, but I really want to be nearer to Aberdeen so that we are close to the bars, restaurants, cinemas etc...

Could someone recommend a good touring site which has full facilities.

Thanks

Craig:D

<I'll get ma coat now and not talk about caravans again....>

john
12th January 2006, 04:31 AM
I don't think there are any :(

sleepyrascal
12th January 2006, 04:37 AM
There is one on the banks of the river Dee which is about a ten min drive from the city centre.

http://www.lowerdeesideholidaypark.com/

Craig
12th January 2006, 04:45 AM
thanks for the info SR...;)

Scottie
12th January 2006, 05:03 AM
Craig it has got to be the one at Banff right on the beach. Lovely site would recommend. Oh any not to far from Aberdeen. When are you going??? we could just so happen to be there.:cool:;):p Hey maybe we could get a caravan meet going:I ok ok I know.:clown:

oops just noticed the "near the bars bit":clown:

markyc
12th January 2006, 05:28 AM
Park up the caravan somewhere safe and stay in a HOTEL :eek::eek::p;)

Burple
12th January 2006, 06:57 PM
Here's a plan.... ;):clown:

Why not set up your caravan in your driveway and keep it away from our nice public roads, then go and stay with Big Col? (You can still wear the flat cap and pipe if you want :p:p:p:D:D:D;););)

Craig
12th January 2006, 10:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Here's a plan.... ;):clown:

Why not set up your caravan in your driveway and keep it away from our nice public roads, then go and stay with Big Col? (You can still wear the flat cap and pipe if you want :p:p:p:D:D:D;););)

get it up ye baldy!:D

get back to wrecking the uni computer systems...:p

Craig
12th January 2006, 10:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Craig it has got to be the one at Banff right on the beach. Lovely site would recommend. Oh any not to far from Aberdeen. When are you going??? we could just so happen to be there.:cool:;):p Hey maybe we could get a caravan meet going:I ok ok I know.:clown:

second week in April (School Hols) probably Mon 10th to Sat 15th... Just looking for a different part of Scotland to see more of...;) Doesn't have to be that close to bars as Jude drives and doesn't drink:approve:

What is the name of the place at Banff?

Crombers
12th January 2006, 10:34 PM
Banff's got bars :p

When I were a lad in the BB we used to camp there every year & learn how to (or not to) drink beer :approve: in our mid teen's ;)

Scottie
12th January 2006, 10:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

second week in April (School Hols) probably Mon 10th to Sat 15th... Just looking for a different part of Scotland to see more of...;) Doesn't have to be that close to bars as Jude drives and doesn't drink:approve:

What is the name of the place at Banff?

I'll get back to you with the name tonight unless some one else knows.

AndyP & Lenore
12th January 2006, 10:59 PM
Craig, we've only stayed at the Banchory CC site. Not reccomended. At 8am sharp - every single frikkin morning - the warden was cutting the grass with the petrol lawn mower. Worse still, the site borders a timber yard, and from 7.30am you can hear their forklift trucks reversing all over their yard - "beep beep beep...." "Beep beep beep"....... And worserer even stillerer the site also borders the main Banchory to Aberdeen road. And Banchory is a popular commute village. So from 7am all you can hear is cars flying past the site at 40 to 50mph every 1.75 seconds!!!!!!! AAAAggghhhhh.... I'll never go back.

Craig
12th January 2006, 11:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Craig, we've only stayed at the Banchory CC site. Not reccomended. At 8am sharp - every single frikkin morning - the warden was cutting the grass with the petrol lawn mower. Worse still, the site borders a timber yard, and from 7.30am you can hear their forklift trucks reversing all over their yard - "beep beep beep...." "Beep beep beep"....... And worserer even stillerer the site also borders the main Banchory to Aberdeen road. And Banchory is a popular commute village. So from 7am all you can hear is cars flying past the site at 40 to 50mph every 1.75 seconds!!!!!!! AAAAggghhhhh.... I'll never go back.

good to know Andy, Thanks :D as that was going to be my fall back solution...

bpirie1000
13th January 2006, 12:23 AM
there is also a caravan site at alford Don't have a link but I know tehre is......

Think there is one in stoneheaven and well I think that is your lot for aberdeen.....

But what do I know.. Minis and LIVING IN A HOUSE suit me.............

you tow your caraslow with your mini??

S7JGW
13th January 2006, 12:25 AM
Yep Banffs got bars, i live just over the river in Macduff. http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/caravanparks/locations/banff.asp its Banff links caravan park. There is also the caravan park in Macduff but has just been taken over and geting done up not sure when it opens again. But it should be good when open and is right next to the new Driving range.
Jim

Craig
13th January 2006, 01:51 AM

Craig it has got to be the one at Banff right on the beach. Lovely site would recommend. Oh any not to far from Aberdeen. When are you going??? we could just so happen to be there.:cool:;):p Hey maybe we could get a caravan meet going:I

sounds like an idea - you'd be more than welcome as always Fe:D

markyc
13th January 2006, 02:44 AM

Like the idea of a caravan meet :eek: I could stay in the caravan when it's being towed and make sure the drink is safe :eek::D:D Now there's an idea :approve::approve::cool:;)

monkimagic
13th January 2006, 03:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

There is one on the banks of the river Dee which is about a ten min drive from the city centre.

http://www.lowerdeesideholidaypark.com/

The deeside park looks lovely, its right by the river with lovely views.
It is next to one of Aberdeens little treasures,http://www.oldmillinn.co.uk/ this is a lovely hotel where the owners are really nice.

Monki

dilligaf
14th January 2006, 12:19 AM
If you want to try a site called Silversands (very nice)it's in Lossiemouth it has it's own bar also you can walk along the beach to a nice little bar and there are a few retaurants as well. I stayed at banff last year it was a nice site up along the road torwards the village they filmed the film LOCAL HERO lovely site (listed on the web)