PDA

View Full Version : Roof Decals

MartinSullivan
17th October 2003, 09:21 PM
Been looking at the carvogue website www.carvogue.co.uk. Really like the look of the decals - especially the sunroof ones. Anybody bought one?

Also anyone know of anyone in Aberdeen (or surrounding area) who will install one? Any idea of the cost?

Got some plans of what I want on the roof - but will keep them secret till its done!

Cheers y'all

Mart :D

macblob
17th October 2003, 11:26 PM
Just back in the house after a wee visit to Apex signs in Edinburgh with newly fitted silver chequers on my coppers roof.......Looks great even if i do say so myself

Gismo
17th October 2003, 11:52 PM
I got a union jack installed at Apex Signs and i think its braw

Bonnie Scotland

MartinSullivan
17th October 2003, 11:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I got a union jack installed at Apex Signs and i think its braw

Bonnie Scotland

Cheers guys, is that the guy Mike that was on here???? I have emailed him to see if he would provide a quote for fitting.

Gismo
17th October 2003, 11:58 PM
quote:[i]
Cheers guys, is that the guy Mike that was on here???? I have emailed him to see if he would provide a quote for fitting.
Thats him and just to confuse you his real name is John :eek:

Bonnie Scotland

MartinSullivan
18th October 2003, 12:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

quote:[i]
Thats him and just to confuse you his real name is John :eek:

Bonnie Scotland

Cheers Boonie, yeah I just looked at his profile and realised his name was John - makes my head hurt!!!!! Did he provide ur union jack as well?

Gismo
18th October 2003, 12:42 AM
Martin, i couldn't make my mind up what colour i wanted, so he sent me different colours to choose from, once i made up my mind he made the graphic onsite.
My union jack is an exact copy of the BMW one

Bonnie Scotland

john-apex
19th October 2003, 09:37 AM
Hi, Martin sorry I have not had a chance to get back to you. We could manufacture a kit that would work on a sunroof but I have to say the material needed is a bit costly and it is not as clear from inside the car as the pictures show on some web sites. If you really wanted something a would be happy to give you some idea of cost.:)

MartinSullivan
23rd October 2003, 09:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by john-apex

Hi, Martin sorry I have not had a chance to get back to you. We could manufacture a kit that would work on a sunroof but I have to say the material needed is a bit costly and it is not as clear from inside the car as the pictures show on some web sites. If you really wanted something a would be happy to give you some idea of cost.:)

Mick/John,

Yeah I would be interested in a rough idea of cost - but if its too much hassle for you to get the small amount of the pierced stuff required to do the car then thats fine. I would still be interested in you fitting the kit if I ordered the stuff from carvogue.

I have got 2 designs in mind - one that is just the sun roof in pierced stuff. And one that is the full roof with the sunroof done in pierced. If you can give me a rough idea of price then that would be great.

Also let me know if you would be prepared to fit the kit if i bought it from somewhere else and roughly how much to do it.

Cheers Mart :D

john-apex
24th October 2003, 06:17 AM
:)Martin if you can get a kit that you like we should be able to fit it for you no problem. Because we would be using a kit we have not fitted before I would not be able to give you an exact cost to without having a look at the vinyl first but I would think around £65ish

Cheers John.

minidriver#1
24th October 2003, 07:38 AM
John, i'm looking to get a custom decal made, one of either a cobra sillhouette (spelling) or one that covers the whole roof in a sort of snake skin / scalley look, if you know what i mean.

john-apex
25th October 2003, 06:22 AM
KJ, have you got some artwork that you want to use or are you looking for some ideas. Maybe you should pop in sometime and I can see what we can do.:D

minidriver#1
30th October 2003, 02:08 AM
John. i have a piece of art work now that i can show you. Do you have an email address that i can send it to you?

john-apex
30th October 2003, 04:20 AM
KJ, if you send the artwork to: apex.signs@virgin.net and I will see what we can do mate.:D

Monsta Mo Mini
30th October 2003, 04:22 AM
I've actually seen a cooper with a snakeskin effect roof. About a year ago. The whole thing had a custom paint job with gold wheels to match.

john-apex
30th October 2003, 04:30 AM
Snakeskin maybe but gold wheels:disapprove:. Think that would take a bit of getting used to.

minidriver#1
30th October 2003, 05:03 AM
john, i've sent the email :) its a cool design. i like it lots.

john-apex
30th October 2003, 07:08 AM
Good man KJ, look forward to have a sneak preview :D

john-apex
2nd November 2003, 09:36 AM
KJ, come on let us see the roof graphics you want.:D:D