PDA

View Full Version : Be careful wih Speed Cameras!

Burple
11th January 2006, 07:06 PM
Just a warning if you're ever temtped to take out some angst while passing a speed camera!

Clicky Linky (http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/08/891.asp)

feckin' disgrace if you ask me. THe wording in the article doesn't say what they did the guy for exactly, but we better watch out and hope the police don't become 'enraged' (doesn't sound very professional to me Mr Policeman) at anyone on here...

So they can't find the Ned who hit me whilst drinking and driving or his non-seatbelt wearing Ned-ettes, caused £4500 of damage then legged it, but they fine and ban a guy who gave the 'V's to a speed camera because it 'enraged' them?? Wow. so they're really tackling the tough cases these days..

:p

bpirie1000
11th January 2006, 07:27 PM
I shakes my head..

what is the world comming to........

Adam MCS
11th January 2006, 07:34 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I HATE mobile speed cameras, why is it I only ever see them when I've passed them?

GAJ
11th January 2006, 07:40 PM
He was done for dangerous driving; full story -
A motorist who made V-signs at a police speed camera has been convicted of dangerous driving and banned for a year.

Sean Toehill, 21, took both hands off the steering wheel to make the gesture, although Cupar sheriff court, Fife, heard that he was not speeding and did not lose control.

Toehill, of Cupar, said afterwards: "I think it's incredibly harsh. Just because I'm a young guy, they want to make an example of me.

"I can't believe that speed cameras can be used in this way. I thought they were to catch speeding drivers."

Burple
11th January 2006, 08:01 PM
Ahh.. that article conveniently didn't mention the "both hands off the steering wheel" part... but added a little 'creative journalism'

Well in that case, he deserves all he gets :D:blackeye:
ah swift justice ;)

...that's what I get for not reading the source article :p;):D

monkimagic
12th January 2006, 03:33 AM
Spose he did take both hands off the wheel, but really, a 1 year bann

Big Col
12th January 2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah he was stoopid taking both hands off the wheel but a 1 year ban is a lil harsh. Now if they'd banned him for a year for doing 22mph in a 40 then I rekon it's spot on! :)

Duncan Stewart
12th January 2006, 10:34 PM
Why did the speed camera photograph him? If he was not speeding then why was there a photo and why were they examining it closely? Don't make sense to me.
How come they don't catch all the folk on mobile phones then.

euan
12th January 2006, 11:10 PM
I wondered the same thing. The only thing I can assume was it was snapping someone else who was speeding and caught him at the same time.

Or, it could have been "artistic license" on the half of the newspaper and he was done going past a "hairdryer" with the policeman behind it.

monkimagic
13th January 2006, 02:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Yeah he was stoopid taking both hands off the wheel but a 1 year ban is a lil harsh. Now if they'd banned him for a year for doing 22mph in a 40 then I rekon it's spot on! :)

I'm with you, do 40 in a 40, 50 in a 50 ect......