PDA

View Full Version : DVD writing

euan
10th January 2006, 01:40 AM
Hey all,

Need some advice - replaced my CD burner with a DVD burner in my home PC and now need to get some DVD burning software - any recomendations?

I've used Nero a few times but have heard it crashes a bit. Currently have Sonic RecordNow which is no use for DVDs.

Burple
10th January 2006, 01:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

Hey all,

Need some advice - replaced my CD burner with a DVD burner in my home PC and now need to get some DVD burning software - any recomendations?

I've used Nero a few times but have heard it crashes a bit. Currently have Sonic RecordNow which is no use for DVDs.

I've got the newest nero (well, the OEM one that comes bundled with our XP machines) and never had any problems using it at work with external DVD burners...

sleepyrascal
10th January 2006, 02:00 AM
If you use premier(PC) or final cut pro (mac) both have Excellent DVD burn suites which allow you to design your own DVD interface etc. Clever stuff. A bit complex if your only using it to burn illegal copies of films etc :D

bobafet
10th January 2006, 02:00 AM
ill give the newest nero the thumbs up, thats what i use, never had any problems

GAJ
10th January 2006, 02:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

If you use premier(PC) or final cut pro (mac) both have Excellent DVD burn suites which allow you to design your own DVD interface etc. Clever stuff. A bit complex if your only using it to burn illegal copies of films etc :D

Premier is available for the Mac too!

Gismo
10th January 2006, 03:11 AM
Nero all the way, nicely packaged and an easy to use interface :)

sleepyrascal
10th January 2006, 04:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Premier is available for the Mac too!

Is it... cool. Final Cut is probably better anyway :)

broken_brian
10th January 2006, 05:29 AM
I have nero 7 and have no probs with it you might also need a bit of software called dvd shrink that lets you make " backup " ;)copys of origonal dvds with copy protection.

euan
10th January 2006, 05:29 AM
Cheers folks, need to order Nero by the sounds of it!

bobafet
10th January 2006, 06:16 AM
and the shrink, i got that after i founf out i couldn't copy any dvds at all as 99% of them are all protected,

Gismo
10th January 2006, 06:57 AM
Be careful about admitting to ripping DVD's on an open forum, you never know who's watching :evil:

Mini Me
10th January 2006, 06:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Be careful about admitting to ripping DVD's on an open forum, you never know who's watching :evil:

i ws just thinking that BS, we have been here before, and it wasn't nice :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::blackeye:

Neil and Lorna
10th January 2006, 06:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Me

Who gets reminders from FACT (Federation of Copyright Theft ) on a daily basis through our chosen business.

Neil.

Gismo
10th January 2006, 06:52 PM
I wasn't meaning you guys directly, but more the trading standards etc ;)

dilligaf
10th January 2006, 08:42 PM
i use nero6 express for writing dvd or dvd shrink, and dvd X copy for copying dvds