PDA

View Full Version : satin black parts for Cooper

dilligaf
9th January 2006, 07:56 PM
Can anybody help me i am after the satin black boot handle, and satin black grille, usually found on the mini one as i dont like the chrome on my Mini (I know i payed extra for it when i ordered it but i don't like anymore) do they do the door handles as well ? if so has anybody got any of them.:D

monkimagic
10th January 2006, 08:36 PM
Try ebay. most folk went for chrome, so pretty hard to come by.

you could try and paint them.

Monki

Wul
11th January 2006, 05:07 AM
The boot handle shouldn't be problem as it's standard on a basic ONE - the front grille (upper) is either fully chrome or colour coded and chrome unless you get the aero-kit black plastic one which is criss-cross rather than slats. The door handles are a plasti-kote spray job i'm afraid!

Big Col
11th January 2006, 04:16 PM
Don't forget you'll still have the brightwork chrome around the bottom of the windows ets.

dilligaf
12th January 2006, 12:58 AM
I was going to spray the whole chrome with shadow laquer so it will look like black chrome but i will have to wait til i move and set up my workshop. but i want it done yesterday because i am impatient

Burple
12th January 2006, 01:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

The boot handle shouldn't be problem as it's standard on a basic ONE - the front grille (upper) is either fully chrome or colour coded and chrome unless you get the aero-kit black plastic one which is criss-cross rather than slats. The door handles are a plasti-kote spray job i'm afraid!

Ahem... The bottom part of the grille on a One is black... unless you order the chrome pack... :p:p
Like this one (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-Mini-One-Front-Grill_W0QQitemZ4603527435QQcategoryZ100916QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

(unless things have changed on the facelift models...)

Wul
12th January 2006, 05:29 AM
LnL - the ONE comment was only meant to be relative to the boot handle :clown: should have explained more - yes your right as it's the MCS grille which is colour coded (unless it's a black car ;)) however the MCS grille has one less slat!

dilligaf
12th January 2006, 10:41 PM
Yes the black inner would look ok Im not quite sure if the small bits of chrome should stay or go perhaps i should post a new vote poll called chrome or black see what everybody else thinks peoples opinions are usually truthful so that might be a way to find out

monkimagic
13th January 2006, 03:19 AM

(unless it's a black car ;)) however the MCS grille has one less slat!

ANORAK;)

Wul
13th January 2006, 04:51 PM
:Ihee hee!

Burple
13th January 2006, 06:48 PM

LnL - the ONE comment was only meant to be relative to the boot handle :clown: should have explained more - yes your right as it's the MCS grille which is colour coded (unless it's a black car ;)) however the MCS grille has one less slat!

I dunno... give a man a shed, an he turns into a mumbling eejit ;)
If you're gonna be REALLY picky... the Diesel has the same MCS grille (with one less slat :p:p;))

/zips up anorak hood and hides under desk :D:clown:

Wul
13th January 2006, 11:39 PM
It's the diesel fumes that does it man!!!

And i'm now onto Shed MkII seeing as i changed jobs this week - a diesel vectra now :clown:

Burple
13th January 2006, 11:43 PM

It's the diesel fumes that does it man!!!

And i'm now onto Shed MkII seeing as i changed jobs this week - a diesel vectra now :clown:

Ooooh.. is that an upwards or sideways move? ;):p

Where you working now? Who for? Who with? (cos you never know your bad luck.. I may have been at Uni with someone there!)

:D

Wul
14th January 2006, 12:32 AM
It's a sort of 45deg move - new company is called morris & spottiswood - might be working on the primark store opening in Dundee soon.

The vectra's only a hire car for the 3 month probationary period - then it's a choice of mundaneo, vectra or accord - bit of a no-brainer really!!

Burple
14th January 2006, 12:39 AM

It's a sort of 45deg move - new company is called morris & spottiswood - might be working on the primark store opening in Dundee soon.

The vectra's only a hire car for the 3 month probationary period - then it's a choice of mundaneo, vectra or accord - bit of a no-brainer really!!

Snigger... sorry.. can't help it.. every time I hear the name Spottiswood! :D:D:D:D

You'll have to give me a shout for a beer or two sometime :D
Sure we can persuade some of the other lot round here to make an appearance too :D

p.s... sorry for the thread Hijack!