PDA

View Full Version : Hi There

MartinSullivan
16th October 2003, 08:15 PM
Just found the forum after seeing a lot of your cars at the Golden Wheels Show in Aberdeen a few weeks ago. Just been mooching through the forums and definitely impressed so far. Think I will hang around here for a while if thats ok???? :D

I have been into "Old School" minis for years but "sold out" last year and bought my Cooper S - really glad I did!

I drive a 2002 Cooper S in Electric Blue, Chilli Pack, Half Leather, Sat Nav - all pretty standard stuff (at the moment :D). Reading what some of you guys have done has wetted my appetite for some mods.

I always wave or flash lights at minis - new and old and up here in Aberdeen you get a pretty good response.

Thanks for setting up the site and making it so friendly - gives me something to do when I am bored at work now !!!!!! :)

Monsta Mo Mini
16th October 2003, 08:41 PM
Wave bye bye to ever doing any work again if some of the 'cases' in here are anything to go by.
Welcome to the club and hope to see you at one of our events soon.

There are a couple of places available on the Skye run if you're interested.

MartinSullivan
16th October 2003, 08:49 PM
Sorry Monsta - dont think I will be able to make the Skye Run :-(
The S is booked into JC's for them to try and clear the power steering problems that have been getting worse over the past few weeks.

Will definitely be coming to one of your events once its sorted though - then save up for some mods!!!!!!

Julz
16th October 2003, 09:43 PM
Yee-ha, another modder!! That's what I like to see! Welcome to NMS, and the land that work forgot!!;):clown:

MartinSullivan
16th October 2003, 09:50 PM
Dont think I will be going quite as "extreme" as you Julz (on the modding front , NOT the not working front). Saw your car at Golden Wheels and was well impressed but the high number of speed bumps up here in Aberdeen (and back home in Manc for that matter) would probably put me off!!!! :-( On the power front I have no worries, apart from speaking to JC's up here to see if they will still cover me on warranty! Will probably mention it after they sort the power steering out!

U impressed with your BBR mod? Been reading all the mags and it seems to be the one to go for!

Julz
16th October 2003, 09:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan
U impressed with your BBR mod? Been reading all the mags and it seems to be the one to go for!

Very impressed with it! However, I had some cylinder head/warranty problems which soaked up my finances which would have allowed me to go for the 240bhp conversion, which is the one that I would recommend to anyone!!;):D

MartinSullivan
16th October 2003, 10:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Very impressed with it! However, I had some cylinder head/warranty problems which soaked up my finances which would have allowed me to go for the 240bhp conversion, which is the one that I would recommend to anyone!!;):D

240Bhp would do me a treat!!! :D
Are your dealer honouring your warrenty Julz? I believe stuff like that is down to the discretion of the dealer - not sure how John Clarke in Aberdeen will take it yet - but you dont get if you dont ask - tee hee!!!;)

MartinSullivan
16th October 2003, 10:10 PM

PS what level of tints have you got Julz - been trying to decide whether to do it or not - but when i got the pics back of your car it made the decision for me - it looks spot on!:cool:

seany
16th October 2003, 10:15 PM
hi and welcome to the site, i drive a cooper. hope to see you on one of the mini run

Julz
16th October 2003, 10:17 PM
PS what level of tints have you got Julz - been trying to decide whether to do it or not - but when i got the pics back of your car it made the decision for me - it looks spot on!:cool:

The tints are on the legal limit (hopefully, and not including the tint already on the glass), they're 35%!!;)

MartinSullivan
16th October 2003, 10:19 PM

The tints are on the legal limit (hopefully, and not including the tint already on the glass), they're 35%!!;)

Cheers Julz, right well after I get the car back next week I'll have to book it in and get them done - if the girlfriend asks I'll just blame u :D

Julz
16th October 2003, 10:25 PM
No problem, I shall accept all responsibility, it's not the first time I've been blamed:clown:

MartinSullivan
16th October 2003, 10:32 PM

No problem, I shall accept all responsibility, it's not the first time I've been blamed:clown:

:D ok i might as well go for the clear rear light conversion as well then - no point you getting the blame twice!!!!

Julz
16th October 2003, 10:38 PM
Oo, ooooooo, if you're going for lights, have a look at these tidy little monsters!!! I'm seriously thinking of changing mine to the Eurostyle Gen II!!!;)

http://www.coopertuning.de/shop_e/index.php

MartinSullivan
16th October 2003, 10:45 PM

Oo, ooooooo, if you're going for lights, have a look at these tidy little monsters!!! I'm seriously thinking of changing mine to the Eurostyle Gen II!!!;)

V.Cool Julz (god I really should get on with some work!!! - oh well just another five minutes on here - tee hee). I think these were the lights some guy was selling on ebay a few weeks ago. I was going to bid on them but they guy never got back to me to answer my questions. Have you ordered anything in the past from that site? Might be worth getting a few orders together and see if we can save on postage etc.

So you might have a set of clear rear lights for sale soon then????? If so let me know, would be very interested!!!! ;)

Julz
16th October 2003, 10:48 PM
No I've not ordered anything from the site, YET, but Santa has been given numerous hints;):D

MartinSullivan
16th October 2003, 10:52 PM
Not sure I can wait that long!!! Might have to get the credit card out next month and order some stuff!!! :cool: Will let everyone know how it goes!

Definitely interested in your lights - if santa brings the ones you want for BabyB :D

Julz
16th October 2003, 11:00 PM
I will keep that in mind, just not sure about changing just now as I prefer to have no red on my lights, if the Eurostlye Gen II were just the white/blue then I'd definately be changing, but I'll let you know!!;):clown:

Burple
17th October 2003, 12:38 AM

Ooh Ooh Ooh.... V V V Sexy!! Me Like!!
They would look the B*llox on my wee beastie when I get 'im back!!
better start saving!! :D;)

macblob
17th October 2003, 01:38 AM
mmm tasty lights, i need more money :disapprove:

Julz
17th October 2003, 04:36 AM
Hee hee, I sense the need for our own Italian Job styleee robbery!!! So, who else wants to join in??:p

MartinSullivan
17th October 2003, 05:03 AM
I'm up 4 it - they will never know what hit em!!!! :)

MartinSullivan
17th October 2003, 05:28 AM
Ahhhh! Not only am I logging on here in work time but I am even coming on at night - I really must get a life!!!!!! :)

Burple
17th October 2003, 08:23 AM

Hee hee, I sense the need for our own Italian Job styleee robbery!!! So, who else wants to join in??:p

Count me in!!! They'll never know it was us Guv'nor!! ;);)
So who's getting the back of their car kitted out in chequerplate then??;):cool:

Willie M
17th October 2003, 03:53 PM
Welcome to NMS Martin, I can clearly see you've got the bug Big style :D I'm sure you'll fit in around these parts just fine :cool:
Hopefully see you at some future event :)

Linda M
18th October 2003, 02:24 AM
Welcome Martin :) I see you're getting into the swing of things round here ;)

john
24th October 2003, 03:38 AM
Hello Martin,glad to see someone else in Aberdeen.

There are a few people on here and MINI2 from Aberdeen,If you are ever in Dyce on a Saturday then most of them can be found at my house:)

PS I am zoooooom on MINI2 so check out my gallery

MartinSullivan
24th October 2003, 05:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by john

Hello Martin,glad to see someone else in Aberdeen.

There are a few people on here and MINI2 from Aberdeen,If you are ever in Dyce on a Saturday then most of them can be found at my house:)

PS I am zoooooom on MINI2 so check out my gallery

Hi John, I will keep my eyes peeled next time I am in Dyce then. Keep seeing your names mentioned in the forums re MINI mods - so I think I might be in touch soon to see what you can hook me up with :cool:.

Cheers Mart
P.S. Whats happening to your website???

john
24th October 2003, 10:55 PM
[/quote]

P.S. Whats happening to your website???
[/quote]

I have Killed it:)