PDA

View Full Version : Tints....

Burple
16th October 2003, 07:18 PM
Probably really only for KJ.... but...
when I was coming back thru Aberdeen the other weekend (after the social meet thingy) I spotted a Silk Green Cooper thru the traffic....
When I got closer I noticed the windows were tinted... not black tho...
but Green... metallic.... almost a perfct Silk green!!! they weren't dark tints, or *too* green... very subtle and tasteful they were!
So KJ... Next Mod??? ;);):D:D

minidriver#1
16th October 2003, 07:42 PM
:O *fap fap fap*

Julz
16th October 2003, 09:38 PM
KJ, there is now a Tint Haus in Dundee who would do these tints for you, and you can also get metallic blue (very nice on white cars Ewan!!) and an orangy sort of colour!! But the green would look the biz!!:D:clown:;)

Burple
17th October 2003, 12:23 AM
mmmmmmmmmmm.... blue.... Orange!!! mmm...

Fappity fap fap.... ;)

minidriver#1
17th October 2003, 12:31 AM
this green is sounding tempting. it'd be great to find out who has that aberdeen mini to see how it looks, but from what Ewan is saying sounds good like.

Burple
17th October 2003, 08:02 AM
yeah... V nice mate...

Don't think it's anyone on here...

Or is it????
Come on... don't be shy! :D

minidriver#1
25th January 2004, 09:35 PM
i've got the car booked in on wed to get tinted so i'll see what Pentagon have to offer. They mentioned Julz. lol. Everyone i go to see mentions Julz car. hehe.

Linda M
25th January 2004, 11:18 PM
Be careful KJ there are new laws supposed to be coming into place soon. Willie was going to get pentagon to tint the drivers and passenger side windows but Menzies were saying that proposed new legislation from Europe is causing all sorts of problems just now. No one seems to know for certain just now but it could mean having to have the tints removed when the car is 3yrs old at MOT time, or possibly even before.

Pentagon themselves are very worried about this as tinting is their core business.

Willie is holding off for the moment.

seany
26th January 2004, 01:52 AM
i have told that as well linda

minidriver#1
26th January 2004, 03:00 AM
when i spoke to them on the phone they mentioned this and that they have a limit to what they can tint, so hopefully they'll have a clearer idea on wed. I'll speak to them and see and i'll post here to let you know what the result was. Thanks for the heads up Linda.

seany
26th January 2004, 04:42 AM
you can get the front one's done but only 35% tinted, but i think the law is chance

Julz
26th January 2004, 05:03 AM
KJ DON'T GO TO THAT PENTAGON!!!!! They're not the real Pentagon and are facing a law suit from the real Pentagon!! Fair enough, they did a good job on my car, but they wrecked Robs Porsche, they took out the windows, which they aren't supposed to, they scratched the paintowrk, tore window seals and didn't put the windows back properly, that and they took the car out, considering one of them is banned!!!! JC's used to put their cars there til they found out the truth after the windows of an M3 were cut out!!:eek: There is now a Tinthaus in Dundee, they're far more respectable and you have a bit of comeback with them, these cowboys don't even give you a reciept!!! I would seriously advise cancelling and going to Tinthaus!!:(

zimbo
26th January 2004, 06:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

KJ DON'T GO TO THAT PENTAGON!!!!! They're not the real Pentagon and are facing a law suit from the real Pentagon!! Fair enough, they did a good job on my car, but they wrecked Robs Porsche, they took out the windows, which they aren't supposed to, they scratched the paintowrk, tore window seals and didn't put the windows back properly, that and they took the car out, considering one of them is banned!!!! JC's used to put their cars there til they found out the truth after the windows of an M3 were cut out!!:eek: There is now a Tinthaus in Dundee, they're far more respectable and you have a bit of comeback with them, these cowboys don't even give you a reciept!!! I would seriously advise cancelling and going to Tinthaus!!:(

Sorry to hear about Robs Porsche Julz.:eek:
KJ do as the young lady says DO NOT and I mean DO NOT take your car to Pentagon Dundee, BIGGGGG NOOOOOOOOOOO... :disapprove:

minidriver#1
26th January 2004, 06:30 AM
oops. I guess i'll go to Tint Haus. anyone got a contact number for em?

zimbo
26th January 2004, 06:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

oops. I guess i'll go to Tint Haus. anyone got a contact number for em?

Sorry, ask Julz she is a very knowledgeable woman, she might know.

minidriver#1
26th January 2004, 06:39 AM
my investigative skills and wealth of contacts provided me this info

dundees is 400411
or if its just a quote russell.paterson@tinthaus.com

zimbo
26th January 2004, 06:51 AM
KJ P.I (without the ferrari and 'tache').... :D

Julz
26th January 2004, 05:04 PM
Phew, glad we managed to stop you in time!!!:clown:

p.s. congrats KJ on your promotion to DFMB!!!;)

minidriver#1
27th January 2004, 01:01 AM
Tint Haus quoted me £255, but i knocked it down to £200. so its only £25 quid more plus a bit of piece of mind.

euan
27th January 2004, 01:38 AM
I had samples of all the coloured stuff for a bit, wonder where i put them? Very nice lady at JC in Aberdeen got them for me. I was going to get the blue ones fitted to my IB, but I got the EB not long after and decided against it as it would look a bit odd, IB style tints on EB.