PDA

View Full Version : chipped mini one???

bobafet
5th January 2006, 10:18 PM
after hours of begging, my bro finally gave me a wee shot of his cooper s, my god, i now know what im missing, totaly different from sitting in the passenger seat, i know what my next car will be, it will probably take a couple of years unless i get his job (its a company car)

so the best i can do is probably get the mini one chipped, where?how?cost?best place to go to?any one had it done?
i know it wont be anything like the cooper s but hopefully it will be a little better than what ive got just now

lots of advice needed:cool:

bpirie1000
5th January 2006, 10:25 PM
go speak to REsident Mini Chips MTH.......... they will sort you out...

In glasgow Hu.. Speak to Martin Sullivan he is in aberdeen but Sure you could Sosrt something out..

Fair number of folk on here have the chip sure someone will be along to tell you how good it is soon..

Cheers Brian

AN03REW
8th January 2006, 11:08 AM
ive got my mini one chipped. its the 30bhp bluefin chip from superchips. its a hand held device you plug in under your steering wheel. it safes your standard e.c.u settings then loads on new ones. takes a few moments. standard settings can be reloaded, so the car dealer wont know! its £300 with postage. but i think if you buy it from www.lohen.co.uk you could get discount for being a M.M.S member. Ive the pipercross viper on to. The car is as quick as a cooper to about 90mph but some reason the cooper just pulls a little after that. i timed me from 0 to 60 mph looks like about 8 secs. and its fit for 121mph instead of the book 112mph could have done more if there was more road. you get Superchips warrenty so thats sound! theres no need to travel to get it done so thats great.

bobafet
8th January 2006, 11:13 AM
whats the pipercross viper??(should say, i know nothing about cars, more into scooters)

AN03REW
8th January 2006, 11:21 AM
its a induction kit. doesnt make much sound but there is a direct feed pipe on it so the air is forced into the engine from the front of the car. its probly the best induction kit i know off the rest make nice sound but no real differance in power. theres still not loads with my one but you do notice alot better throttle responce.

bobafet
8th January 2006, 11:52 AM
so do you have to get the induction kit as well?or is it best to get it?
ta

AN03REW
8th January 2006, 10:20 PM
no you dont have to. you still get lots of big smiles with the chip. but yes if your trying to get the most from your engine. its a dear filter i got my one for £180 off ebay but i see them mostly selling for about £200 - £250 but shop about.

T6 KFR
8th January 2006, 10:38 PM
bobafet , ur best trying to get as much air through the engine / system so it can breath easier. This will give better sound and slight performance gain.

Then speak to Martin (sully) and he can sort you out with the MTH remap...im gettin it this year for def!

Get urself induction kit (id say K&N Typhoon Kit;)), playmini exhaust then the MTH remap.

S19 BEX
9th January 2006, 12:56 AM
Quality i think i may have to invest in one of those! i have the same problem as you bobafet! I love my mini one but just want some more power...!!I think they are not bad in power, but just want that extra little oomf!! lol!nippy little buggers they are! :D

mini_mad
9th January 2006, 04:26 AM
I'd 2nd the K&N TYHOON KIT,its well worth it.I took a trip down to Minisport for the superchip, gr8 friendly service and a brilliant performance from their chip.The combination of the TYPHOON and the chip does wonders!!! I've also got a Powerflow Exhaust which also helps power and sounds good with the TYHPOON KIT.

minimadtez
13th January 2006, 04:30 PM
My ONE is chipped......LOVE IT...end of ;)

Tez

j mac
13th January 2006, 04:43 PM
love the wheels bob. look really spot on!! well done!

j