PDA

View Full Version : are my headlights faulty?

j mac
4th January 2006, 05:24 AM
when i am on a motorway at night with no street lights and especially back roads i have really bad visibility.

i have checked the level they are at on the dial but its still bad and need to travel with full beam on and off as i cant see 30 ft in front of me.

is this a common problem or do my lights have a problem!?

any advice would be great

cheers j

john
4th January 2006, 05:40 AM
sadly the lights are crap:)

MartinSullivan
4th January 2006, 05:41 AM
As John says the mini lights are pretty crap , spotlights will improve the situation a bit.

john
4th January 2006, 05:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

As John says the mini lights are pretty crap , spotlights will improve the situation a bit.

not on dip they won't:D

Gismo
4th January 2006, 05:51 AM
The worst thing about the mini, the lights are utter crap :mad: i'm fed up not being able to see :blackeye:

Brian_Cooper_S
4th January 2006, 05:56 AM
Get some spot lights, won't help on dip but should be awesome with main beam.

I got some for Xmas, can't wait to have them fitted. Has anyone fitted these lights themselves, if so how hard is it??

MartinSullivan
4th January 2006, 06:27 AM
You could also uprate the bulbs a wee bit , will improve the situation a bit

j mac
4th January 2006, 06:48 AM
cheers for the help on this, i'll just need to get used to them!
j

Scottie
4th January 2006, 07:15 AM
I don't think my xenon dip is that bad had worse my Lada 4x4 :I:II had now they were crap.

However I have PIAA bulbs in both my main beam and spotters in the Mini and when all are on they are awesome.:D

Big Col
4th January 2006, 11:40 PM
I think the xenons are cracking.

PASL
5th January 2006, 12:23 AM
the xenons on my 2004 cooper s are poor are the new ones any better

j mac
5th January 2006, 05:36 AM
i am putting it in for a service in 2 weeks should i ask them to change something like bulbs??

j

Gismo
5th January 2006, 05:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by j mac
i am putting it in for a service in 2 weeks should i ask them to change something like bulbs??
They probably won't change the bulbs to non BMW standard, but, get an alignment check as a starter, if they are still crap, then fit new bulbs yourself, go for the philips power bulbs

j mac
7th January 2006, 07:35 AM
cheers alan i'll ask them to do that.

j

Burple
9th January 2006, 11:04 PM
Yip.. the new Xenons are cracking :D

get yourself some of the Philips 50% brighter bulbs. Had them on the last Cooper, MUCH better than standard. And you can chuck a set in the Main beam too ;):D:cool::cool:

Mini Me
10th January 2006, 06:07 AM
bmw do supply a buld thats 40% brighter than standard......

bobafet
10th January 2006, 06:13 AM
how much?

Mini Me
10th January 2006, 06:18 AM
about £4 each i think....

tell me bobafet, the photo of your car,which showroom is it at, cos it looks a bit like mine ???:p

bobafet
10th January 2006, 08:28 PM
it was yours, the day i bought it think you where busy with another guy so kenny from the bmw section sold it to me, cracking car

Mini Me
10th January 2006, 08:58 PM
coughsbmwsalesmonkeysshouldbeshotcoughs........:p

bobafet
10th January 2006, 09:08 PM
you looked as if you had a lot on your plate that day, serving one customer and had a few waiting, i had cash in my pocket ready to spend, so had to be fast.

ill be back there in a week or so need to get the oil change done

Mini Me
12th January 2006, 04:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by bobafet

you looked as if you had a lot on your plate that day, serving one customer and had a few waiting

Sound all too familier :(:(:(:I