PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling my Cooper S

robbea
3rd January 2006, 09:17 AM
Hello,

I have been a reader on these forums (and been on a few runs) since April 04 however as my profile shows I rarely post...

Anyway I need a wee bit of advice. I recently upgraded my Mini One to a Mini Cooper S but because of a new flat I am thinking of selling.

What is the best way to sell a car (I have only ever traded one in before)? Any experiences / opinions welcome.

Also, how much should I expect for a showroom condition Mini Cooper S, 05 plate, White, Chili Pack, CD Player, TLC, with 6000 miles?

Thanks
Robert

jamiec
3rd January 2006, 10:40 PM
Hi. Sorry you are having to sell!

A private sale will generate more money but also brings the hassels along with it. Dealer will offer you a straight cash purchase, albeit less than you could get. Think you would be looking around 2k less from a dealer than a private sale. Price will vary dependant on where you go.

Check out www.autotrader.co.uk and www.pistonheads.co.uk for price comparison on what you are trying to sell.

I have just sold and bought cars through private sales and have to say both went very smoothly. A few tyre kickers when I was selling but no horror stories to pass on.

I'm sure someother guys will be along soon with somemore info.

Good luck!

Craig
3rd January 2006, 10:47 PM
it all depends how quickly you want to sell... A MINI dealer will give you cash straight away, but will be much less than it is worth selling privately... Am I right in saying that your car would have been about £16000 new? I would say that your car will probably be worth privately £14,750, and who knows for a dealer..

If you can wait, I would sell privately, stick it on the for sale section here, you never know who might want to trade up;) if no luck there, I have used autotrader and found it to be very good value for money, 'cos you get it advertised on the website aswell as the mag.

If you need to get rid of it quick, phone a few MINI Dealers, some are always looking for second hand stock, just don't get upset when they offer you a couple of grand less than you think it is worth...:(

hope you get it sold...;)

ps - you could just trade it for a cooper if it's the running costs...;):D

robbea
4th January 2006, 03:00 AM
Its not soo much the running costs, but the car is paid off so any money from the sale would go towards the deposit on the flat. Any money left over would then probably go towards the deposit on a new mini!

I love the cooper s and really dont want to sell so hopefully when I check over all my finances I can avoid selling it.

Cheers for the tips think I will try the private auto trader option if I have to sell.