PDA

View Full Version : Costly!!!

Lynsey
3rd January 2006, 06:59 AM
My boyfriend got me a new cd player... Ministry of Sound one for my christmas there, so today we decided to tackle fitting it ourselves. I wasnt to keen on the plain Mini cd player my new mini came with so as a surprise i unwrapped a cd player!

Derrick told me to look away as he went about pulling out, unscrewing etc the centre panel of the mini, probably a good thing, i wouldve been cringing incase anything broke, however we got the bloody thing out, clearly BMW like to make it difficult for you!

So in with the new one, or so we thought! Seems i need an adapter for the aerial thingy and some other bit of wire and adapter, so down to Halfords we went, after having a noisy, we asked for assistance, the member of staff, steve was extremely impressed we'd even got the flippin thing out, (he has fitted 16 cd players into minis and everyone hes fitted, hes had to haul the old one out, Derrick must be a genius!) So its gona be costly..... just because its MINI!!!!!!! Today we spent £33.50 and got a part on order, due in this Friday! £20 for a wee wire and adapter today that for any other car is usually a fiver! Whats that all about! So its gona come to about £50 in total.... hmmm wonder what BMW wouldve charged to fit it!!!!!

Craig
3rd January 2006, 07:05 AM
I know it's probably a bit late, but Mikeythemini (newministuff.com) could have sorted the parts out for you. A look on his website, the whole fitting kit only costs £23.50 after VAT.

If you could, I would cancel the order, take the stuff back and get it from Mikey and save a few bob..;)

MartinSullivan
3rd January 2006, 07:30 AM
Yep go with Mikey - his site also has good instructions on installing a new stereo. I have seen too many butchered halfrauds jobs to ever trust them

Gismo
3rd January 2006, 06:56 PM
Yep, go with Mikey, cancel your Halfrauds order, which probably hasn't been ordered yet anyway :evil:

sleepyrascal
4th January 2006, 12:58 AM
MIKEY, Hes is a fine chap and may actually blow your mind!

T6 KFR
4th January 2006, 04:18 AM
Yip Im for Mikey too.... He supplied my adaptor well cheap and got a real smart holder for my ipod.

Cancel Halfords.

Lynsey
4th January 2006, 05:29 AM
Well Derrick's an electrician, so when fitting a stereo etc, hes in his elememt! I'll have a look on the website. Cheers