PDA

View Full Version : 17" onto a mini one

bobafet
3rd January 2006, 01:48 AM
will this affect the car in anyway if i take off the 15" and put on 17"?

ta

redpoint rallying
3rd January 2006, 01:52 AM
Nope.....it will look much better too !! :)

M

bobafet
3rd January 2006, 01:54 AM
what are the best ones to go for??at an affordable price £500-£600 including tyres if poss??

cheers

redpoint rallying
3rd January 2006, 01:55 AM
Im assuming you are talking about 'Mini' 17" alloys. If so....no probs at all.

M

bobafet
3rd January 2006, 01:56 AM
yea they would be mini

redpoint rallying
3rd January 2006, 01:58 AM
Anything from the Mini range will be good...see the mini.com site for the range. Ebay can be a good source of alloys especially in your price range but the MINI website will show you what designs are available.

As for 'after market' wheels, I'm sure some of the 'Mini pimpers' will be along soon to keep you right. ;)

M

duncan
3rd January 2006, 02:20 AM
As well as here if anyone is selling, or eBay, try MINI2.com website.

It has a For Sale section where MINI alloys come up for grabs every now and again.

sleepyrascal
3rd January 2006, 02:30 AM
Hey Bob. Pretty much any aftermarket 17 will fit the car.

I noticed you are keen to fit MINI OEM Wheels, however this does usually mean you will have to have run-flat tyres. These are pants in comparison to proxes for example.

There are loads of wheel tyre packages available well within your price range. Try Turriff Tyres http://www.turrifftyres.co.uk . These guys are not really local for you but they will deliver. It will also give you a lok at LOADS of differemt tyre/wheel combos and prices.

john
3rd January 2006, 02:36 AM
They also do replica 17" 's'lights:cool:

monkimagic
3rd January 2006, 04:06 AM
Try the forsale section here, always someone selling wheels

Monki

Duncan Stewart
3rd January 2006, 05:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by bobafet

will this affect the car in anyway if i take off the 15" and put on 17"?

In my experience it makes a quite a difference to how the car drives.
Much more grip and a less "bouncy" ride.
However it makes the ride much harder, is unsettled over rough surfaces, you get less brake "feel" and the car feels less "nimble" (if you know what I mean). The larger, heavier wheels will also make acceleration a little slower.
I hated how my Cooper drove on larger wheels so went back to 15"s - but most of my driving is on Fife's twisty, bumpy, broken up country roads.
However many people prefer the great grip and looks - the choice is yours :D All part of the fun of Minis

Craig
3rd January 2006, 06:56 AM
my advice would be to stay away from 17" run-flats as Sleepy has said. I have had 17" run flats and standard tyres and I would never go back to run-flats - even with the safety thing...

Try rochfordtyres.co.uk, depending on what you want, they have styles for £375 including tyres.. MarkyC has used them and their service was top notch.;)

Hope this helps :D:D

PS - one of our sponsors (LOHEN) do replica Bullets, which you could get with standard tyres :question: :question::D

bobafet
3rd January 2006, 07:57 AM
yea im checking out rochfordtyres.co.uk, they seem to be really good.

how easy is it to change them myself?is it as simple as changing a wheel on the car?
will they come balanced etc??

bobafet
3rd January 2006, 08:03 AM
http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/product.asp?numPageStartPosition=1&P_ID=789&strPageHistory=&strKeywords=&strSearchCriteria=&PT_ID=96

what do you guys think???they are similar to the p911

AN03REW
3rd January 2006, 10:18 AM
yes lohen do replicas for £99 on the 17" s spoke. I think you get discount for being nms member. Ive got them and run 215/40/17 Yoko Paradas better tyre than my standard run flats from mini.

Craig
3rd January 2006, 04:21 PM

yea im checking out rochfordtyres.co.uk, they seem to be really good.

how easy is it to change them myself?is it as simple as changing a wheel on the car?
will they come balanced etc??

yeah, they come balanced and with all the bolts and hub spacers. The only cost on top of what you see listed is the delivery which is normally abouth £25.

Craig
3rd January 2006, 04:23 PM

http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/product.asp?numPageStartPosition=1&P_ID=789&strPageHistory=&strKeywords=&strSearchCriteria=&PT_ID=96

what do you guys think???they are similar to the p911

not a fan - don't think they would suit the MINI, but its YOUR car, fit what you like, 'cos afterall, the MINI is all about making it the way that you want ;)

GAJ
3rd January 2006, 09:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Hey Bob. Pretty much any aftermarket 17 will fit the car.

I noticed you are keen to fit MINI OEM Wheels, however this does usually mean you will have to have run-flat tyres.
Make sure yoou order the right stud pattern and offset. Not all wheels will fit. There is nothing to stop you fitting standard tyres to a MINI wheel - I have!

Gismo
3rd January 2006, 09:46 PM
I had aftermarket wheels on my S with NON run flats, i had a puncture about 80 miles from home :( the goo didn't repair the puncture and i had the hassle of calling out the mini assist, which, picked me and my car up and took me home :p
With NON runflats you run the risk of not being able to get home, unless you carry a spare wheel

Wul
4th January 2006, 03:11 AM
If only someone on here was selling a Cheap (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6291) set of 17's for a MINI! ;):p

T6 KFR
4th January 2006, 04:12 AM
Bobafet - if its a nice set of wheels your after....id personally buy Wul's wheels. Love them on the mini....i want a set myself.

But its true, end of day its your car. dont like those wheels you posted, they wouldnt look right on a mini..GO FOR WULS;)

Can a get a cut Wul???? LOL

bobafet
4th January 2006, 07:44 AM
right wul, ill get back to you soon