PDA

View Full Version : windows and sunroof???

bobafet
2nd January 2006, 07:48 AM
a couple of times now, i have locked the car and when ive came back both windows are down a little touch and the sun roof is open a touch, its raised up, any ideas why this is happening??
thanks

duncan
2nd January 2006, 09:06 AM
Have you pressed and held the open button on your remote control by accident?

bobafet
2nd January 2006, 09:17 PM
no, this is when im locking it, even if i had presses the open button the sunroof shouldn't open, neither should the windows until i open the door

GAJ
2nd January 2006, 09:32 PM
Duncan may be right. Holding down the unlock button on >'02 cars does open the windows and sunroof. There have also been reports of water getting into the BC1 causing similar effects.

monkimagic
5th January 2006, 09:04 AM
I had this, took it John Clarkes in Aberdeen and they fixed it right up, never found out why it happened though

Monki

bobafet
5th January 2006, 10:35 AM
ive figured it out now, if you hold the unlock button down it will open both windows and the sun roof full to the max, great for the summer time, but cant close them unless you get into the car and turn the key!!!

Mini Me
7th January 2006, 06:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by bobafet

ive figured it out now, if you hold the unlock button down it will open both windows and the sun roof full to the max, great for the summer time, but cant close them unless you get into the car and turn the key!!!

You can, put the key in the door lock , turn it to locked possition and hold for a few seconds ;)

Scottie
7th January 2006, 07:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by bobafet

a couple of times now, i have locked the car and when ive came back both windows are down a little touch and the sun roof is open a touch, its raised up, any ideas why this is happening??
thanks

it could be the key thing talked about in the other posts.

but it sounds very much like the problem all (well alot) Mini's had way back in the early days remember it was on Watchdog mines had it aswell. There is a simple fix now but can't remember what it is.:I:I

Craig
8th January 2006, 02:17 AM
your right fiona, the Moffat's had it on both their cars I believe... They locked it in the garage, came out in the morning and the windows were down.

I would get it booked into your dealer for a check if it is still covered under warranty...;)