PDA

View Full Version : Kitted and Spotted

minidriver#1
15th October 2003, 02:26 AM
looking sexual ;) i'll post pics soon.i was worried because i've never seen the variation before so it was a big gamble, but i think they used their own common sense too and its definately paid off. I wanted 4 lights in a row, but they grouped em in twos and must say, looks nice n chunky that way.

If it helps anyone, my insurance costs for the kit and 4 lamps went up by just £7.90, and for the JCW Kit, upgraded brakes and susp, it would only cost an extra £20. Which is pretty good. Thats with Frizzel / Liverpool Victoria.

Burple
15th October 2003, 08:39 AM
Come on dude!!
Get those pics up!! :D :D

you know we all love a bit of MINI-pr0n!!! ;)

Willie M
15th October 2003, 03:47 PM
Congrats KJ, can't wait to see the new look Cobra :cool:
Dunno if you're considering the JCW conversion for the Cooper? If you are, let me have a word with you on Glencoe run ;)

Julz
15th October 2003, 03:56 PM
Congrats KJ, bet you're well chuffed, can't wait to see the new Cobra on saturday!!:D

zimbo
15th October 2003, 07:03 PM
Good on you KJ. Cant wait to see it on the Glen coe run.
:)

minidriver#1
15th October 2003, 09:12 PM
Zimbo, you comin to this cruise on sat night at halfords, 8pm? Me and Julz will be there, and hopefully yourself. I'm tryin to get Vee to come.

zimbo
16th October 2003, 07:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

Zimbo, you comin to this cruise on sat night at halfords, 8pm? Me and Julz will be there, and hopefully yourself. I'm tryin to get Vee to come.

Dont know yet, I'll have to see.

minidriver#1
17th October 2003, 06:44 AM
ok, i've got pics uploaded, they were taken tonight so not that clear, but tomorrow i'll get proper ones done...

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/gallery_KJ_daGreenMini.html

and thanks for the kind words Ewan :D

Burple
17th October 2003, 08:09 AM
To Quote the film....

Dude!!! Sweeeeeet!!!!!!!
Lookin good! Was that you on the way to take yourt pics tonight when I saw you?? ;)

minidriver#1
17th October 2003, 08:21 AM
haha, i was actually off to show the car to someone, but they decided to take pics of it. But i wanted naked chicks!

Willie M
17th October 2003, 03:44 PM
Excellent, very nice indeeeeed KJ :cool: Aero kit looks braw and the placement of the spots in pairs really looks good.

I hate to encourage you but, ..... ever thought about a new set of alloys ;):D

knaone
17th October 2003, 03:59 PM
Car looks good matey.... Hope you are enjoyin crusin about in the beast :p:cool::D

minidriver#1
17th October 2003, 05:25 PM
wheels are next, but thats after i pay for the damage repair the vandals cost. I've got two quotes £350 and £550 from Grassicks and JC's respectively. Big difference yet again. The scratch on the bonnet is noticeable but the others arent but i'd like to get em sorted asap for the winter will soon be upon us.

Thanks for the kind words :) I'm thinking of getting Anthracite Mille Miglia 18" HT3s cos i love the dark wheels. That'll be a while though :S ah well.

But yeh, i'm really pleased with how it came out. Like i said big gamble but it was worth the risk.

Julz
17th October 2003, 07:45 PM
Looks fantastic KJ!! As for the repairs, you should maybe even try taking Cobra to DSG, see what Derek says!;)

minidriver#1
17th October 2003, 08:15 PM
thanks Julz :) i might do that. Where about are they? i tried lookin before :S

MartinSullivan
17th October 2003, 08:58 PM

I wanted 4 lights in a row, but they grouped em in twos and must say, looks nice n chunky that way.

Lights looks spot on KJ, well impressed. Who did the mod for you? Your dealer? How much for the 4 lights?

Julz
17th October 2003, 09:20 PM

thanks Julz :) i might do that. Where about are they? i tried lookin before :S

He's on Fairfield street, off Old Glamis Road;)

minidriver#1
17th October 2003, 10:02 PM
just got back, gave me a good quote and a very nice chap too. he'll be at the cruise tomorrow. i told him that you recommended me :)

Julz
17th October 2003, 10:27 PM
no probs, he's pretty sound eh?? Made a fantastic job of BabyB, as you will see tomorrow, by which time I'll hopefully be better as I'm off today with a very bad dose of the cold!!:dead:

minidriver#1
17th October 2003, 11:23 PM
awww. we'll need to d ecide where we're meeting tomrrow

Julz
18th October 2003, 03:38 AM
this is true, where abouts would suit you??:clown:

minidriver#1
18th October 2003, 03:57 AM
we could meet up in another carpark. How about the ASDA car park in Milton, on the Kingsway? we'd not be too far from halfrods. Say the back of the car park since no one goes there, or perhaps somewhere safer now that i think of it. How about the car park at McDonalds by the UGC, where the outside inn is.

Julz
18th October 2003, 05:14 AM
The carpark at KFC will do me mine, brightly lit, fewer places for neds with eggs to hide!:eek: What time??
Zimbo/Ewan, you guys coming??:p

minidriver#1
18th October 2003, 05:15 AM
i'll call em

weefossy
19th October 2003, 03:16 AM
Spot on KJ:). The body kit is very very subtle:cool:. Saw it on a white Cooper at Dunedin yesterday and it looked good, but it looks great in the silk.
Mrs WF is being less than subtle about the need for side skirts on Marsha;). Will have a good look at the weekend.

Julz
19th October 2003, 07:04 AM
Well, after having now seen KJ's mini in the flesh, I must say, it looks the biz, no wonder he's so chuffed!:D

john-apex
19th October 2003, 09:23 AM
Nice bonnet stripes and that car has hit the spot KJ.

bazza
20th October 2003, 04:40 AM
KJ car looks brilliant,how much did the whole package cost you ?
Bas

looking sexual ;) i'll post pics soon.i was worried because i've never seen the variation before so it was a big gamble, but i think they used their own common sense too and its definately paid off. I wanted 4 lights in a row, but they grouped em in twos and must say, looks nice n chunky that way.

If it helps anyone, my insurance costs for the kit and 4 lamps went up by just £7.90, and for the JCW Kit, upgraded brakes and susp, it would only cost an extra £20. Which is pretty good. Thats with Frizzel / Liverpool Victoria.

minidriver#1
21st October 2003, 10:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

I wanted 4 lights in a row, but they grouped em in twos and must say, looks nice n chunky that way.

Lights looks spot on KJ, well impressed. Who did the mod for you? Your dealer? How much for the 4 lights?

Grassicks of perth were the cheapest i could find. £300 less than JC's.

i ave a couple more pics here...

http://www.eastcruise.co.uk/Road-Racer/dundee2/pics/157.jpg

http://www.eastcruise.co.uk/Road-Racer/dundee2/pics/159.jpg

macblob
21st October 2003, 10:45 AM
looks great man , wheels next?

minidriver#1
21st October 2003, 06:37 PM
thanks man :) wheels next. Thinking of Mille Miglia HT3's in anthracite finish. i want that ghetto look. lol. They'll have to be 18s to fill the arches. hehe. i'm gettin addicted.

macblob
21st October 2003, 07:19 PM
sounds great, im planning on some bk hyper black rims next yr if i can ever afford it :D

Mini Martyn
22nd October 2003, 11:32 PM
KJ The Beast is looking good i cant wait to see it in the metal at the weekend!!

minidriver#1
23rd October 2003, 01:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

KJ The Beast is looking good i cant wait to see it in the metal at the weekend!!

cant wait to see you man ;) but aye. i'm really lookin forward to the run

Macblob, those hyperblacks are hella sweet. i think thats the ones that Julz has. mmmmm

Julz
23rd October 2003, 01:49 AM
KJ, have you seen the good piccies of your baby on the road-racer web site, they're very nice!!:D

minidriver#1
23rd October 2003, 03:08 AM
i saw em julz. i also found this pic of a classic, and in the background you can see the Cobra

http://www.eastcruise.co.uk/Road-Racer/dundee2/pics/154.jpg