PDA

View Full Version : Colour Coding

Mini Me
24th December 2005, 02:18 AM
Due to popular demand, i have asked the bodyshop manager to put together a special deal for NMS on full colour coding :)
He will have a price for me next week,but there is one condition.........the car must have aero side skirts :I;).
The reason for this ,is the textured finish on std skirts is just to big,and we couldn't guarantee that the finish would be perfect....

So watch this space ;):D

john
24th December 2005, 02:30 AM
Thats nuts and very expensive!:(

Nenah had hers done locally at a bodyshop (EVERYONE KNOWS WHICH ONE)
They made a fantastic job of the standard skirts:disapprove:

So I suspect thats where I will need to go to.

Lynsey
24th December 2005, 02:46 AM
Woohoo, yeehaa, arches painted! Cheers

john
24th December 2005, 03:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Lynsey

yes arches but what about your skirts?

Scottie
24th December 2005, 04:34 AM
jeez, well it will need to be cheap Minime I've been quoted £159 for front and rear aero kit by local approve BMW spray shop. If you can beat that then I will take you up on the offer.

Mini Me
24th December 2005, 06:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

jeez, well it will need to be cheap Minime I've been quoted £159 for front and rear aero kit by local approve BMW spray shop. If you can beat that then I will take you up on the offer.

is that just for painting Fe :question::question:
only reason i ask,is as i used to work in the parts dept,i can tell you that the paint alone costs way more than that(could this be a special deal,nudge,nudge):eek:;)
I can tell you for deffo,the price we do quote will be a lot higher than that.It will be the best price we can possible do,that i can assure you.

i will also double check regarding the skirts,but they can be problematic :disapprove::dead::disapprove::dead:

Scottie
24th December 2005, 07:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

is that just for painting Fe :question::question:
only reason i ask,is as i used to work in the parts dept,i can tell you that the paint alone costs way more than that(could this be a special deal,nudge,nudge):eek:;)
I can tell you for deffo,the price we do quote will be a lot higher than that.It will be the best price we can possible do,that i can assure you.

i will also double check regarding the skirts,but they can be problematic :disapprove::dead::disapprove::dead:

well lets just say the body shop know us by our first names:D

Mini Me
24th December 2005, 07:25 AM
ah,nae reciept :p

Lynsey
25th December 2005, 01:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

yes arches but what about your skirts?

I have side skirts.

sh@z
25th December 2005, 05:34 AM
If the quote i got from you when i was in a while ago is anything to go by, then i doubt many people will go for it :blackeye:

KINGHORN
26th December 2005, 10:52 PM
NOT SAYING A WORD

sleepyrascal
27th December 2005, 12:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by KINGHORN

NOT SAYING A WORD

YOU JUST DID :D

sleepyrascal
27th December 2005, 12:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

NOT SAYING A WORD

However Kinghorn, If you were to mention a price for painted skirts at a certain bodyshop which of course you wouldnt mention, it would be good to draw a comparison ;);););):D:D

john
27th December 2005, 03:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

NOT SAYING A WORD

No Sleepy he said 4 words:D

KINGHORN
27th December 2005, 08:15 PM
NOPE NOT CAUSING ANY STINK ESPECIALY WHEN MENZIES HAVE DONE STUFF FOR ME IN THE PAST,

AndyP & Lenore
7th January 2006, 06:37 AM
Any sign of a price yet:question:

Mini Me
7th January 2006, 06:57 AM
back on monday,will let you know :p

AndyP & Lenore
11th January 2006, 12:18 AM

back on monday,will let you know :p

And it's now Tuesday and yet we still don't have a price....:question::disapprove::question::disappro ve::question:

Lynsey
11th January 2006, 04:08 AM
Tick Tock, Tick Tock!

Mini Me
11th January 2006, 04:36 AM
eye,eye.........:p
you would think all i did was sit and look oot ma windae aw day ! :p

AndyP & Lenore
11th January 2006, 04:40 AM

eye,eye.........:p
you would think all i did was sit and look oot ma windae aw day ! :p

Well we did wonder.;):)

Any sign of our pipe for oor air filter:question:

Jeff
11th January 2006, 04:52 AM
Mr Broon I may be interested too after the such a good job you did on my aerokit!

Lynsey
13th January 2006, 06:07 AM
Why are we waiting......lalalalala?

Mini Me
13th January 2006, 06:56 AM

Al be up tae Maddiston the nee wi ma aerosol, and colour code it masel :eek::blackeye:;):p:evil:...

I had this discussion wi Andy P today, and i am in discussions....................please have patience

quote from my hotel in americe (no kiddin either)

IF OUR SERVICE,PREMISES OR STAFF ARE NOT UP TO YOUR STANDARDS......
PLEASE LOWER YOUR STANDARDS !!!

SUPERB !!!!

Jeff
14th January 2006, 02:57 AM
Ian do you not need to have some standards in the first place????:D:cool::approve:

Lynsey
16th January 2006, 04:02 AM

Al be up tae Maddiston the nee wi ma aerosol, and colour code it masel :eek::blackeye:;):p:evil:...

I had this discussion wi Andy P today, and i am in discussions....................please have patience

quote from my hotel in americe (no kiddin either)

IF OUR SERVICE,PREMISES OR STAFF ARE NOT UP TO YOUR STANDARDS......
PLEASE LOWER YOUR STANDARDS !!!

SUPERB !!!!

Well if you insist Iain, thats very kind, no charge i presume, just service with a smile! Less of the stalking please!!! :)
Oh got a question, when you come back with a price, will there be a period of time we will need to get it all done by? As in will the bodyshop say, aye, this price, if they get it done by March? Saving my pennies, just aswell ive got a new job, mind you, i wouldnt have the new mini if it wasnt for the new job!!!:)

Lynsey
26th January 2006, 03:39 AM
Any sign of a price yet Mini Me??

Mini Me
26th January 2006, 04:22 AM
oh bugger[v][v]

Lynsey
26th January 2006, 09:05 PM

oh bugger[v][v]

How dare you forget Mr Brown!

Mini Me
27th January 2006, 03:09 AM
Ok, after fierce negotiation the prices are as follows....

If you have aero skirts £510 +vat

inc aero side skirts £750 + vat

This is the best deal we can do, though BMW,i can assure you its a fantastic price :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If anyone would like to take the offer up ,you know who to phone....;)

AndyP & Lenore
27th January 2006, 03:19 AM
Fandabydozy price!:D:D

Already called Mr Broon and booked ours in for next week.:D:cool:

And to put the icing on the cake we've sorted out an excellent deal with Menzies for doing our X5 front and rear bumpers in body colour. Much cheaper than buying a kit and will look just as good.

Many thanks to Mr Brown for all the work on this over the past couple of weeks.

5 gold stars to Menzies! And another 5 gold stars to Ian.

Pics promised once finished - as always.

Mini Me
27th January 2006, 04:42 AM
5 gold stars :p....

i would like to thank..................

cheers Andy:p

sh@z
27th January 2006, 06:34 AM
OUCH!

Lynsey
27th January 2006, 07:16 AM
Hmmmmm!

Scottie
27th January 2006, 07:30 AM

Andy just make sure they put all the side skirt clips back in;):p mines were missing:(

Minime,

you know how my mini is in your place next week can I get one of arches fixed the primer has a run in it.:):(

Mini Me
27th January 2006, 07:56 AM
naaaaaaaaaaaeeeeee chance SC !!!:p

Scottie
27th January 2006, 08:01 AM

naaaaaaaaaaaeeeeee chance SC !!!:p

dinae worry I just sent you a nice wee list on a e-mail waiting for your arrival at work tomorrow;):p:D:blackeye:

AndyP & Lenore
27th January 2006, 08:22 AM

Andy just make sure they put all the side skirt clips back in;):p mines were missing:(

Minime,

you know how my mini is in your place next week can I get one of arches fixed the primer has a run in it.:):(

Fiona,

I have every confidence in Menzies. :D:D

I'm sure everything will go fine and dandy.

Andy.

sleepyrascal
27th January 2006, 09:16 AM
I just had a look at a BRG mini with colour coded arches. IT LOOKS TOTALLY PANTS!!

Why does every other colour suit it!!!! GRRRRR!!!

Lynsey
27th January 2006, 09:24 PM
Before and after pics must be posted!

Unfortunately its a bit expensive for wee me at the moment, saving for a house, im gutted!:(:(:(:(:(
I'll have a wee noisy around other bodyshops for prices, cause im really wanting it done!
Damn VAT!!!!!:(:(:(

Cheers for trying your best Mini Me!!! :):)

bpirie1000
27th January 2006, 10:30 PM
I got mine done locally and nothing near that price.

Shopping around is best.

I am In aberdeen P.M. if interested.

AndyP & Lenore
28th January 2006, 02:52 AM
Minime...

U have mail. :D

Lynsey
28th January 2006, 03:41 AM
Mini Me, you might have changed my mind!

Marco77
28th January 2006, 04:27 AM
heres mine done by a good friend who happend to be a spray painter
i think it really suits this colour
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b154/Marco1977/mcsfront.jpg
and the back
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b154/Marco1977/mcs2Medium.jpg

Mini Me
28th January 2006, 08:26 AM

Mini Me, you might have changed my mind!

ah, my super powers return:p;)

sh@z
30th January 2006, 12:34 AM
Heres mine too (before i told it)

http://www.nsanity.co.uk/pics/DSC00498.JPG

Done by a bodyshop in edinburgh about 1.5/2 years prior to pics being taken ;) Was done the proper way, taking the arches off the car and painting them rather than masking off with them still on the car.

Lynsey
30th January 2006, 01:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

Heres mine too (before i told it)

http://www.nsanity.co.uk/pics/DSC00498.JPG

Done by a bodyshop in edinburgh about 1.5/2 years prior to pics being taken ;) Was done the proper way, taking the arches off the car and painting them rather than masking off with them still on the car.

Cheers for the email and info, but ive got a plan up my sleeve, all will be revealed soon hopefully!

KINGHORN
31st January 2006, 06:22 PM
WELL i must say thats a not bad price for it being all above board and all that

S7JGW
31st January 2006, 07:52 PM
Heres mine, got it done at local bodyshop in Macduff, for about £300 ish thats with mudflaps on and painted too.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c364/S7JGW/CarPC019.jpg
Jim

Lynsey
3rd February 2006, 04:42 AM
Mini Me,
Im afraid i wont be taking you up on the colour coding offer, i have received a quote from another dealer.... miss steel, in particular, to have 4 arches and front, rear bumper trims colour coded for a total of £484, that includes VAT. Gona book her in tomorrow, cant wait. Cheers for the advice on warranty tho.

PASL
3rd February 2006, 07:09 AM
rip off

This is the best deal we can do, though BMW,i can assure you its a fantastic price :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

duncan
3rd February 2006, 07:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by PASL

rip off

A bit harsh if you don't mind me saying.
The offer is there, and if you don't like it, take your business elsewhere.

Wul
3rd February 2006, 04:51 PM
Indeed - A truely constructive addition to this thread. 8)

Big Col
3rd February 2006, 05:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by duncan
A bit harsh if you don't mind me saying.
The offer is there, and if you don't like it, take your business elsewhere.

I totally agree. :approve:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd February 2006, 05:58 PM

rip off

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but to comment like that is disgraceful. I'm guessing you've no idea how much work Minime put into getting the price as low as he did. It required a fair amount of badgering and negotiating with BMW. Imagine how he feels when he sees your post.

Personally I think Linsey's post was more constructive.

PASL
4th February 2006, 03:39 AM
well duncan, big col, and not forgetting andyp & lenore

The only thing that is harsh and disgraceful is minime price!
so think twice:question: (not a personel attack on you mate)

and you guys and girls are getting a discount for being members WOW

I have just recived a qoute for the work to be done by JC BODYSHOP ABERDEEN and those guys love money.

total price £314+ VAT

and thats all plastic without any discounts!:p

sh@z
4th February 2006, 04:19 AM
It is expensive yes PASL, but if thats the best they can do, thats the best they can do. Everyone here has the option of either taking up the offer, or calling round and getting it cheaper, there is no need to be disrespectful as minime has helped out a lot of members here.

And i could say that your price is EXPENSIVE AND RUBBISH AND BLAH BLAH cos i got mine done for £150 from a bodyshop, but thats not the way to go about things is it :blackeye::blackeye::blackeye:

Lynsey
4th February 2006, 04:25 AM
That was an comment that didnt need to be made, its not exactly mini me thats making up the figure!
As for the price, if you've got the money, spend it, cant take it with you.
As for going to some random garage, i would prefer to know i was keeping my warranty in tact!

Mini Me
4th February 2006, 04:29 AM
it's stupid comments like that that piss me off....:dead:
Not every dealer has an approved BMW body shop, and that means they can use different materials (or bodyshops)etc,and also different levels of work they can carry out to complete the job,in a way they may be happy with,but we wouldnt...That is why the price is different.
But hey if you don't like it, mate i really dont care !!!:eek:

I do try my best mate, i really do,this is why i sometimes think why bother :mad:

PASL
4th February 2006, 04:47 AM
SH@Z

As you can see in my last post i did say it was not a personel attack on minime so no disrespect to him. If thats the best he can do than so be it .
the dealer will add his % and have the last say

this site is here for us to help and addvice each other what ever way it may be. i was just trying to be helpful

PASL
4th February 2006, 04:59 AM
the work will be done by an bmw proved body shop not a random bodyshop so warranty will not be a problem. when exactly did i say that he made up the prices?:)

That was an comment that didnt need to be made, its not exactly mini me thats making up the figure!
As for going to some random garage, i would prefer to know i was keeping my warranty in tact!

PASL
4th February 2006, 05:05 AM
this is not a personel attack on you mate more the dealer/bodyshop i was very shocked at the price:eek:

it's stupid comments like that that piss me off....:dead:
Not every dealer has an approved BMW body shop, and that means they can use different materials (or bodyshops)etc,and also different levels of work they can carry out to complete the job,in a way they may be happy with,but we wouldnt...That is why the price is different.
But hey if you don't like it, mate i really dont care !!!:eek:

I do try my best mate, i really do,this is why i sometimes think why bother :mad:

Mini Me
4th February 2006, 05:25 AM
No offence taken mate...

PASL
4th February 2006, 05:27 AM
cool

No offence taken mate...

AndyP & Lenore
4th February 2006, 06:12 AM
Collected our cars today. They both look fantastic.

The X5 looks amazing with fuly coded bumpers.:D

I don't care a jot what PASL says about the price of the Mini wheel arches, the whole car looks absolutley stunning. This is possibly the best £600 we've spent on the Mini to date. The service from Menzies is first class, especially from Mr Broon and Allan in the body shop.

Well done guys. Hats off to you both.:D:D

Will post pics as soon as it is dry and I can take some.:D

sh@z
4th February 2006, 08:11 AM
THEY GAVE YOU THE CARS WITHOUT THE PAINT DRYING?!?!?!?! :eek:

lol, look forward to seeing the pics

AndyP & Lenore
4th February 2006, 08:39 AM

THEY GAVE YOU THE CARS WITHOUT THE PAINT DRYING?!?!?!?! :eek:

lol, look forward to seeing the pics

roflmao!! :D:D yeah! We had to drive home real slow to stop it from streaking. ;):D;):D

Lynsey
6th February 2006, 02:29 AM
The random garage was a general comment, as in if i'd gone to any bodyshop other than one approved by bmw i would lose my paint warranty, as i discussed with Mini Me last week, something im not prepared to lose on a two month old car. As for making up the prices, mini me's prices were fair and the best he could get (much appreciated), taking into consideration paint, hours spent working on it etc, so its not just a random price plucked from mid air.

My wee Mini, Milly is booked at Eastern bmw this tues for her arches, pick her up saturday morning, so i will be posting up the pics next weekend, so excited, im like a wain at christmas!

Cant wait to see everyone else's pics too!

the work will be done by an bmw proved body shop not a random bodyshop so warranty will not be a problem. when exactly did i say that he made up the prices?:)

Gismo
6th February 2006, 03:10 AM
The random garage was a general comment, as in if i'd gone to any bodyshop other than one approved by bmw i would lose my paint warranty
I don't understand :evil: your getting your arches painted and you'll lose your paint warranty, how does that work, your arches are not painted in the first place so how can you lose your warranty :question:

KINGHORN
6th February 2006, 03:34 AM
well i for one asked this question before painting my arches and the answer from bmw was no it wont affect any paint warrenty you just wont get any warrenty on the parts not painted by them. anyway you will get paint paint warrenty from the grage that paints them if its all above board of course

and no im not plugging

Mini Me
6th February 2006, 04:36 AM
it can depend on the job, some bodyshops blend into the bodywork....i have seen this[v][v]

sh@z
6th February 2006, 04:38 AM

The random garage was a general comment, as in if i'd gone to any bodyshop other than one approved by bmw i would lose my paint warranty

Right, how in gods name would getting your arches painted (which arent painted) void your paint warranty? No painted parts of the car are being repainted or (if arches taken off car) touched by any wet paint.

I know the method Menzies use is they respray the WHOLE frot bumper and rear, and not just the plastic trim which IMO is unecessary and drives the cost up due to lots more paint being needed and lots more time, but thats just my personal view, but if you just got your arches done by a 3rd party bodyshop it should not have any impact on your paint warranty whatsoever.

sh@z
6th February 2006, 04:38 AM
Ah just read minime reply, those bodyshop people need to be slapped then! lol

Mini Me
6th February 2006, 04:41 AM

Ah just read minime reply, those bodyshop people need to be slapped then! lol

its shocking my friend :eek::blackeye::eek::blackeye:
we have had to fix some very dodgy paint jobs(no scare tacktics,honest):(

sh@z
6th February 2006, 04:53 AM
Yeah, no doubt... many cowboys around, reason i got mine done from who i did was i know their work is top notch, know the guy that owns the company, and explained exactly how i wanted them to do it... and they did a very good job :)