PDA

View Full Version : Advise for next mod to cooper

T6 KFR
23rd December 2005, 03:31 AM
Right, as some you know times were tuff with my work and was unsure if id have money to spend on the car. Well i got a new job at Petrofac and start in Jan 06....so many mods to come.

What should i do first folk?

1. Window Tints
2. Playmini exhaust...(with my MTH remap to follow)
3. Front spots

I know they are all so different and it my choice in the end...just need a push ;)

Brian_Cooper_S
23rd December 2005, 03:43 AM
If you plan a re-map, why don't you get an induction kit of some sort or maybe a manifold.

I'm not an expert on modding Mini's (yet, lol) as I have not had my MCS long! I'm sure someone will reply with some good answers.

Smitty
23rd December 2005, 03:59 AM
Go for the tints n spots first mate.

Then save up some money n get the exhaust and a few other engine goodies, n get full atvantage of the money you'll spend on the re-map

T6 KFR
23rd December 2005, 04:07 AM
quote:Brian_Cooper_S Posted - 22 Dec 2005 : 18:43:46
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you plan a re-map, why don't you get an induction kit of some sort or maybe a manifold.

I'm not an expert on modding Mini's (yet, lol) as I have not had my MCS long! I'm sure someone will reply with some good answers.

I bought a K&N Typhoon kit about 2 months ago...so thats why i think the exhaust / remap route. God i wish i had money to do it all at once:disapprove:

Brian_Cooper_S
23rd December 2005, 04:24 AM
Defo the first step in the engine modding world, get loads of air in and make sure it can get back out too! I would get a manifold to go with my nice playmini exhaust though!

With the free updates with MTH, as long as you can do it within 12 months it will still be cost affective!

sleepyrascal
23rd December 2005, 07:36 AM
Yeah KFR, go for the playmini/MTH combo!!!!

I think everyone is going to work at Petrofac!

T6 KFR
23rd December 2005, 05:44 PM
Think it will be a playmini then guys. maybe i can stretch to front fog's too8)

Who's all at Petrofac Sleepy? Always good to know someone , being so nervous already;)

Crombers
23rd December 2005, 06:06 PM
Sorry but I'd go for the JCW Sound Kit first & keep your MINI minted & Minimee all happy :D

sleepyrascal
24th December 2005, 06:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

Think it will be a playmini then guys. maybe i can stretch to front fog's too8)

Who's all at Petrofac Sleepy? Always good to know someone , being so nervous already;)

Well my girlfriends sister is an acountant there, my mate Sandy is as engineer with them, and a know a couple of guys who are moving to Petro from KBR and WG. It seems Petro are seeking new talent...;)