PDA

View Full Version : mini one advice

bobafet
21st December 2005, 12:39 AM
hi all, new to the board, i have a mini one, indie blue, really cool car, i want to get a body kit put on it, not really bothered about the price, or the traveling, i live in glasgow,ive checked out the Orciari BodyKit, do any of you guys/galls know of anywhere in scotland/glasgow that would be able to fit this for me, not sure if i buy it them take it too them or they buy it /fit it and paint it, any help would be great,

also the suspension is sh*t on the car whats the best thing to do to get it better, what makes etc

cheers bob.

T6 KFR
21st December 2005, 01:26 AM
Why dont you get the BMW Aerokit direct from the dealers or try website called mini2, they had a discount group buy last i heard.

Think the Orciari is a bit OTT, but each to their own eh!

Sure your talking about a mini with crap suspension....i havent heard anyone complaining before, its a very hard ride and stoicks to the road like glue, however try Eibach springs if your not happy mate.

Welcome :)

Craig
21st December 2005, 01:42 AM
Hi, and Welcome.

one of our sponsors (Menzies MINI in Stirling) is doing a deal on aerokits fitted and painted for £1299 (i think, minime will correct me if i am wrong...)

Craig

Mini Me
21st December 2005, 04:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by bobafet

hi all, new to the board, i have a mini one, indie blue, really cool car, i want to get a body kit put on it, not really bothered about the price, or the traveling, i live in glasgow,ive checked out the Orciari BodyKit, do any of you guys/galls know of anywhere in scotland/glasgow that would be able to fit this for me, not sure if i buy it them take it too them or they buy it /fit it and paint it, any help would be great,

also the suspension is sh*t on the car whats the best thing to do to get it better, what makes etc

cheers bob.

Well,i have seen a good few of Orciari kits fitted, and IMHO it just doesnt fit right.Fist the new skirts are stuck into the old ones(ouch):( and when the kit is on , it just doesn't sit well on the car.
Now all the ones i have seen were fitted at different bodyshops, so it must be universal.(patienty waits for some argument):evil:
The only one i would recomend(especialy for re-sale)is the BMW kit ;)
I can confirm the price for you tomorrow :)

bobafet
22nd December 2005, 04:15 AM
thanks minime, also a few other things i would like to get, as i cant afford a cooper s insurance ill have to make do with a mini one, and try and make it look like a cooper s, so was also interested in a cooper s bonnet with the scoop and a cooper s fuel cap,thin the areokit will be the best option, as ive looked over it a couple of times and it looks a lot better than the orciari kit,
thanks

T6 KFR
22nd December 2005, 05:10 AM
hey,

Ive seen the Cooper S fuel cap retail at 50-60 quid approx.... Why not add some cool graphics like viper stripes etc.... inside of the cooper s front bonnet...it will never have the same power and embrassing if someone tries you out at lights thinging you are a cooper s!

Post some pics of you car, maybe someone can come along a photoshop the car how it may look!:)

bobafet
22nd December 2005, 05:32 AM
how do i go about doing that?posting pics of the car?

thanks

MartinSullivan
22nd December 2005, 05:30 PM
Bobafet - you need to set up an account on a web pic hosting site such as www.photobucket.com and paste the links from there into your post on here.

sleepyrascal
22nd December 2005, 08:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by bobafet

thanks minime, also a few other things i would like to get, as i cant afford a cooper s insurance ill have to make do with a mini one, and try and make it look like a cooper s, so was also interested in a cooper s bonnet with the scoop and a cooper s fuel cap,thin the areokit will be the best option, as ive looked over it a couple of times and it looks a lot better than the orciari kit,
thanks

Bob, I would avoid Zeemax and Ociari. There have been a few peopl on here who fitted these kits and I always felt there was a small shred of regret after living with the kit for a while. I might be wrong 8)

I would ogo for the Aero kit! Or even just slap on some cooperS bumpers! You can get a full S kit for about £150. There are loads on Ebay,

bobafet
24th December 2005, 08:01 AM
coolio, will have pics up soon.

bobafet
24th December 2005, 08:02 AM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BOBAFET/mini.jpg