PDA

View Full Version : F1 - Alonso to McLaren

euan
19th December 2005, 08:32 PM
See McLaren have signed up Alonso for the 2007 season....

So that'll be Montoya out then. After just signing a deal with Vodofone (nicking them from Ferrari), big week for McLaren.

euan
19th December 2005, 08:35 PM
Just thinking some more about this, there have been rumours for ages about Kimi going to Ferrari in 07 as well, so maybe Montoya will be safe.

Crombers
20th December 2005, 01:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

See McLaren have signed up Alonso for the 2007 season....

So that'll be Montoya out then. After just signing a deal with Vodofone (nicking them from Ferrari), big week for McLaren.

Dam !! , was hoping he would be going to Ferrari :(:disapprove:

monkimagic
20th December 2005, 03:46 AM
I saw this on planet F1 a few weeks ago, speculation then, but it appears to be true now. Alonso is a fool though, Renualt are ploughing alot of cash into F1, but i suppose if Kimi heads for italy the other big gun will always be McLaren.

Cant believe Briatore let him slip from his grip, Ron must have made it worth their while

http://www.flaviobriatore.it

Mini Me
20th December 2005, 04:41 AM
i think Alonso is a wee bit over rated, sure he won the Title, but he really didn't have much opposition.Had the mclarens been up the the job all season, Kimmi would have romped it home.Even though Montoya IMHO is the better more aggressive driver.:)
But i agree, Alonso will have his work cut out when he leaves Renault.:eek::evil:

J Cee
20th December 2005, 08:34 AM
It was a logical thing for King Alonso to do when you consider that the Renault boss does not like F1.

The only down side to Alonso going to Mclaren is you have to put up with that smarmy git Ron Dennis.

euan
20th December 2005, 07:33 PM
There have been a lot of stories about Renault perhaps leaving F1, maybe that played on his mind. I think money may also have something to do with it - McLaren can afford to pay top whack wages, Renault tend to bring through young drivers. There are only a few teams that are capable of winning the championships and can pay top wages - Ferrari and McLaren. He was never going to Ferrari while Schumi is there. Give it a couple of years and you may see top drivers at Toyota (I don't rate Ralf), or even Honda (as Button seems to be believing his own hype)

Wul
20th December 2005, 08:51 PM
<yawns>you guys know way too much about F1! Wake me up when the WRC starts back! :clown:;)

Mini Me
20th December 2005, 11:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

<yawns>you guys know way too much about F1! Wake me up when the WRC starts back! :clown:;)

WRC, thats fur burds :evil:;)

Wul
20th December 2005, 11:24 PM
Yeh but no but yeh - F1 is for the pipe and slipper brigade!! ;)

Mini Me
20th December 2005, 11:26 PM

Yeh but no but yeh - F1 is for the pipe and slipper brigade!! ;)

i know where you live wide boy :eek::blackeye::evil:;)....i do have nice slippers though....

Wul
20th December 2005, 11:28 PM
Aye - and it's not baccy in yer pipe either!!! ;):p

Mini Me
21st December 2005, 04:15 AM

Aye - and it's not baccy in yer pipe either!!! ;):p

easy tiger,it's a school night ;)